PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise coming from cabin

MGV6
20-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Its like a marble ball rolling over and making a ticking noise as if its hitting another marble. Its coming from around the gearbox or behind it.

its very annoying. Its happening usually when I drive, steer and sometimes brake.

Anyone know what it could be?

Physician
20-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Sounds as if a screw or nut has come off and is moving around ......... take console off and have a look.

MGV6
20-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Sounds as if a screw or nut has come off and is moving around ......... take console off and have a look.

I did it earlier, didnt find anything.

Roadrunner
20-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Its like a marble ball rolling over and making a ticking noise as if its hitting another marble.
You lost your marbles?? ;)

Sorry, I'll get me coat ... :curtain:

Lucas
21-08-2006, 06:09 AM
You might be right about the marble. I would post a link here to another post I added to but I don't know how to do it so here goes again... /Banana

Seriously try looking under the seats. There are splits in the carpet under there and I had exactly the same problem. It didn't sound like it was coming from the seats but one day I found a little penguin toy with a ball bearing inside it that was constantly rattling around (as well as a japanese security card of some sort)

Check it out, both sides of course and hopefully you will find something interesting/weird like I did :toilet:

mpau009
21-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Seriously youd be amazed at the **** under the carpet in my cars, while i was swapping the interiors around, i found:
-a cellphone battery
-a hello kitty keyring
-a hello kitty lipstick
-some nail sissors
-some strike anywhere matches (damp thank god..)
-eqivalent of $18NZ in Japanese coins/Banana
-2 pens
-40c NZ
-rubbish like you wouldnt believe

So it could be almost anything.

Maybe a good idea would be to cable tie all the stereo wires etc, because that has been a cause of many noises for me. My guess for around the gear stick would be a loose screw rolling around.

But if you ask me, if your car is quiet enough to hear a marble rolling around i think your doing well:operator:

You See
21-08-2006, 07:35 AM
-a hello kitty keyring
-a hello kitty lipstick
Something you wanna share Mike? :P

bradc
21-08-2006, 07:43 AM
http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/23830/215715.jpg

It could be worse

You See
21-08-2006, 07:52 AM
http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/23830/215715.jpg

It could be worse
Now why were you checking those out brad? ...is it a fetish? :sweethear

bradc
21-08-2006, 08:15 AM
no, I just opened my drawer, took the pic, then uploaded the pic to that website :)

MGV6
21-08-2006, 08:32 AM
You might be right about the marble. I would post a link here to another post I added to but I don't know how to do it so here goes again... /Banana

Seriously try looking under the seats. There are splits in the carpet under there and I had exactly the same problem. It didn't sound like it was coming from the seats but one day I found a little penguin toy with a ball bearing inside it that was constantly rattling around (as well as a japanese security card of some sort)

Check it out, both sides of course and hopefully you will find something interesting/weird like I did :toilet:

i ll check the seats today and see. I know the cd auto tray box is under one of the seats so i ll look at the other side.

i opened the console box in the middle but not sure how far across the gap is in there.

mpau009
21-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Something you wanna share Mike? :P

I always drop my lippy when im driving (dont you?), and everything i own is hello kitty:guitarist Including my frilly briefs./Nuuu

I forgot, there was also a little metal tin with mini cigarettes in it, its actually pretty fun trying to figure out where the hell your car has been before it ended up 1/2 way across the world.:p

MGV6
21-08-2006, 09:13 PM
right, its diffently nothing under there. not sure what else it could be

Vector
22-08-2006, 05:23 AM
i had a similar sound ...finally found out what it was.....try taking out the cigarette lighter....

the casing on mine would make a vibrating tinging sound ..ocassionally very anoying... shot in the dark..might be that

Lucas
22-08-2006, 06:13 AM
I always drop my lippy when im driving (dont you?), and everything i own is hello kitty:guitarist Including my frilly briefs./Nuuu

Strange?! I just looked at your gallery... didn't see the 'make up mirror on the sun visor' listed in your mods :pimp2:

bradc
22-08-2006, 07:03 AM
My cigerette lighter was making noise, I figured that out after about 5 months of owning the car. I was so pissed off I put the window down and threw it out straight away. Damned annoying thing - whats the use it is only going to give you cancer anyway

doherty
22-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi there. I've posted a similar noise coming from my V6 Sport. It sounds more like a crickett's chirp!! It's only noticable when I make a left turn. I've been asked to check track rod ends and steering assembly. Apparently it's right at the bulkhead and can sound like the noise is coming from around the steering column. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Martin.