PDA

View Full Version : new boy in town

tazo
21-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Just to say hi. new boy in town looking to by an unmolested Legnum VR4. New Era has a sweet looking one at the mo are New era any good for the higher price??? are VR4s bullet proof like my humble Beemer??? would be greatful for any advice . Thanks

richy rich
21-08-2006, 12:53 PM
/Welcome

check this out

http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=BuyersGuide

Nick Mann
21-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Standard properly serviced VR-4s seem to be pretty reliable. Maybe not so reliable as a BMW, but then they are quite a bit cheaper!

Abused cars seem to be the most unreliable, especially tiptronic gearboxes. Check the state of the oil. Check for lumpy gearchanges or a shuddering sensation (usually felt in 4th/5th on slow uphill runs at 30-40 mph) to give you a clue that servicing has not been carried out properly.
I have heard a couple of things about Newera, both of which said things along the lines of "high price but immaculate car".

I know we are all biased on here, but if you want a good mix of reliability and load carrying with awesome performance, the legnum is unbeatable for the price.

Kieran
21-08-2006, 02:26 PM
I have heard a couple of things about Newera, both of which said things along the lines of "high price but immaculate car"

I have heard similar things, and I was impressed with the very professional response when I enquired (just speculatively) some while ago.

If you've got the dosh, go for it!

I-S
21-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Maybe not so reliable as a BMW

If my dad's BMW is anything to go by, VR4s are ahead...

MGV6
22-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't think theres any different between a Beemer and Mitsui as long as they are well maintained. Beemer may be slightly better built, may have more addtional features but as for the engine, they are both just as good.