PDA

View Full Version : Digital Clock keeps on resetting everytime I switch off engine and then on

MGV6
22-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Its really annoying. I hate setting my clock on the car all the time.

The battery is fine, just serviced my car about a month ago.

Not sure why it keeps resetting every time I switch off engine and then back on.

Spirit
22-08-2006, 08:16 PM
A search for "clock" will bring up many many threads, and the resolution - trust me it's been asked so many times

Paul Beazer
22-08-2006, 08:42 PM
This has got to be THE MOST common galant question going. Oh after "how much does it cost to run one" and "i've used 6 litres of polish on my bonnet and its still not shiney enough"/wall
Search and ye shall find solder.....

Kalle
22-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Members only guide:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12707

MGV6
22-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Members only guide:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12707

ah man - I cant access it. I am hoping to be a member soon, just have problems with current billing address but I hope i am not missing anything important by that link

MGV6
22-08-2006, 09:11 PM
right, I did a quick search, it seems the wires need resoldering. Af man, more costs. I know some have said pushing the clock up has cuased some troubles, some have reported breaking the plastic so I doubt I'll risk breaking plastic and adding more costs.

Looks like I'll have to get done again from garage but I just cant now. I wish WRD were living nearby :) :D

Why the hell does it need resoldiering? It shouldnt go faulty. I dont recall any other cars I've owned to have to do this? :(

Brunty
22-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I wish WRD were living nearby :) :D

Rules for WRD working on your clock.

1. set Rich to work on the clock
2. keep Wouter distracted and away from the car
3. check function of clock/keep Wouter away from the car
4. ask for warranty

:lipsrseal

Kieran
22-08-2006, 10:56 PM
.... "how much does it cost to run one" and "i've used 6 litres of polish on my bonnet and its still not shiney enough"......

1 - Loads! /help

2 - It's all in your polishing technique my dear fellow! /Devil5

richy rich
22-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Rules for WRD working on your clock.

1. set Rich to work on the clock
2. keep Wouter distracted and away from the car
3. check function of clock/keep Wouter away from the car
4. ask for warranty

:lipsrseal
/haz

richy rich
22-08-2006, 11:03 PM
right, I did a quick search, it seems the wires need resoldering. Af man, more costs. I know some have said pushing the clock up has cuased some troubles, some have reported breaking the plastic so I doubt I'll risk breaking plastic and adding more costs.

Looks like I'll have to get done again from garage but I just cant now. I wish WRD were living nearby :) :D

Why the hell does it need resoldiering? It shouldnt go faulty. I dont recall any other cars I've owned to have to do this? :(
dont worry to much you can take it out quite easily just needs a bit of persuasion

then re solder

if you send it to me ill do it for you.

mpau009
23-08-2006, 02:52 AM

Honestly soldering comes up alot, but in both my Legnum, simply bending the little sleeves in the connection plug has fixed them, id give that a go first, it really is just a matter of popping it out (bang:D) and having a play, takes less than 5 minutes, if its still losing time, then go for the solder.

To get the clock out just push up with your thumbs at the front.

MGV6
23-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Honestly soldering comes up alot, but in both my Legnum, simply bending the little sleeves in the connection plug has fixed them, id give that a go first, it really is just a matter of popping it out (bang:D) and having a play, takes less than 5 minutes, if its still losing time, then go for the solder.

To get the clock out just push up with your thumbs at the front.

so basically you just push the dashboard thingy that sits on top of the clock?

do you then take the old solder off and then put the new one on?

orionn2o
23-08-2006, 09:18 AM
I wouldnt even do that, just re -wet the joint by adding more solder to the top, the flux in the solder will cause the connection to re make.

Its so easy, took me less than 20 mins to take the clock out, dismantle the unit, solder the pcb, put together and refit. I reckon it was the most productive 20 mins ive had since i bought the car.

Theres four connections to look at, thats the input power section. Generally this is the part that will need re soldering

MGV6
23-08-2006, 11:59 AM
I wouldnt even do that, just re -wet the joint by adding more solder to the top, the flux in the solder will cause the connection to re make.

Its so easy, took me less than 20 mins to take the clock out, dismantle the unit, solder the pcb, put together and refit. I reckon it was the most productive 20 mins ive had since i bought the car.

Theres four connections to look at, thats the input power section. Generally this is the part that will need re soldering

The only problem I getting is taking it out. Do I push the dashboard thingy on top of the clock or jus tthe clock upwards?

orionn2o
23-08-2006, 12:01 PM
the whole section comes up, there are 4 clips holding it in place