PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Greddy Profec B-Spec II Actuator

colVR4
23-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Mine broken, need replacement. :undecided

I only want the solenoid itself, not the control unit. If anyone has one that they no longer need or is redundant because of a bust control unit, I will gladly take it off their hands for a few notes.

Wodjno
23-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Mine broken, need replacement. :undecided

I only want the actuator itself, not the control unit. If anyone has one that they no longer need or is redundant because of a bust control unit, I will gladly take it off their hands for a few notes.

Do you mean the Solenoid :huh:

PS .. Is you EBC 2nd hand ??

colVR4
23-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry, yes meant solenoid...control valve thingy!! The EBC was brand new, bought off ebay. However, its not necessarily any fault of the equipment (see other post for details http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18433)

Wodjno
23-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry, yes meant solenoid...control valve thingy!! The EBC was brand new, bought off ebay. However, its not necessarily any fault of the equipment (see other post for details http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18433)

As far as your concerned the solenoid has just stopped functioning properly and thus should be replaced under warranty :)

colVR4
23-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Thats what I am trying at the moment, but don't know how far I am going to get with that.

colVR4
27-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Turns out that it is not the solenoid but the control unit itself. Something has shorted out inside and it is no longer sending a signal to the solenoid. Unfortunately found this out after I had bought a new solenoid from the US, so if anyone wants a replacement solenoid for a Greddy Profec B-Spec (oe E-01) I have one for sale. Likewise, if anyone has a control unit that they no longer want let me know and I will buy it off them.

Ta

Axeboy
27-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I just sold my old profec B 2

Put in an old HKS EVC 4, much better...

My profec worked, but was a pain in the ass to set... i mean, increasing the % in boost actually dropped boost etc... Grr

When it works though, once you find the correct settings, it holds boost very well indeed. I could hold boost across the rev range with it.