PDA

View Full Version : Maf adjustment screw

Paul C
23-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I have just read that theres is a screw on the maf that you can alter to lean out the fuel ratio. Is this true and does it work or fill it f*** up the engine if not done correctly.Also how much adjustment would you recommend?

The Vee
23-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Type maf screw into search and it comes up with loads of threads. Think the jury is still out on long term effects, but some do claim benefit. Personally, I'd say do it with caution and if you have a way of checking your afr, then that would be a safer approach

Paul C
23-08-2006, 12:16 PM
i've read the articles and my heads battered. There doesn't seem to be a full drawn conclusion on this, but maybe something will surface.

Wodjno
23-08-2006, 12:24 PM
i've read the articles and my heads battered. There doesn't seem to be a full drawn conclusion on this, but maybe something will surface.

Thanx for reminding me :skull: My Maf is screwless :rolleyes3 Been like that for about 6 months or more now!

Forgot to put it back in.. ?

To tell you the truth, i never noticed any difference when i took mine out, but i wasn't monitoring the AFR's then either.

To put it as easy to understand as i can :thinking2

As Mr Vee said ! I wouldn't do anything to lean the mixture out unless you have some way of monitoring your AFR's. :D

PS: 1 One thing i can do is tell you if it alters my AFR's when i plug it back up :D

Paul Beazer
23-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I thought the general concensus was that it would give short term benefits when carried out alongside and ECU reset, but that the ECU will relearn in a short time and compensate for the MAF adjustment, thus negating the changes. TBH leave it alone!

bradc
23-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I think not having a screw in there at all is a bit of a risk, especially because it is after the filter, and there will be a lot of suction trying to pick up nasty things into the turbos.

I tried the maf mod and didn't notice any difference, then I got angry and removed it entirely :)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=728