PDA

View Full Version : General info

WITZ66
24-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Bit of technical help please...

Having a bit of trouble locating my owner's manual, if you saw my study you'd understand!!!!!!

Anyway, HEADLIGHT CONTROLS

1 Should one click of selector bring on side lights in front ?

2 Is there a breakdown of the fusebox configuration, which fuse does what on this site and if so where is it ?

Thanks in advance and I promise to tidy my study thus avoiding such stoopid questions in future....

Paul Beazer
24-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Headlights works as follows.

Turn end of stalk 1 click away from you to put the lights on park, turn 1 further click to put on main driving lights
Pull stalk towards steering wheel to flush main beam or to toggle the main beam off or on when the driving lights are on.
fog lights are to your right on the console underneath the airvent.

the fusebox for the lights etc (including relays) is under the bonnet on the passenger side near the battery compartment. The pictures on the cover should show which fuses / relays relate to what.

WITZ66
24-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanx Paul

I guessed as much, in that case my parking lights ain't working!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Beazer
24-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll warn you now, the bulb on the passenger side is a fiddle to get out. Try using a screwdriver to gently prize the bulbholder out.

WITZ66
25-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Checked fuses last night, both OK.
Relay clicks in and out as expected.
Alarm sounds for lights on/ignition off.
No power getting to either driver's or passenger's lights.

Must be something common to both.....multimeter out, stand back nurse, we're going in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Beazer
26-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Might just be the bulbs. I thought it was a wiring problem on mine as one bulb worked then the other didnt then they both worked, then both didnt. Replaced both bulbs and all's well. Both the bulbs were on their way out, elements randomly made contact which made it look like they were ok!

stuartturbo
26-08-2006, 08:58 PM
i thought there was a fuse behind the drivers side draw thing ( to the right of the steering wheel)

Paul Beazer
26-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Its behind the loose change holder. I dont think there's a fuse for the parking lights, too low a wattage.

WITZ66
29-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

If there's no juice gettin' to either bulb it does point to a fuse doesn't it????

The parking lights aren't wired like christmas tree lights...are they??

For info...Study tidied, manual located, not much help I must say.

WITZ66
31-08-2006, 08:48 AM
UPDATE!!!

Changed out the relays, still the same.
Headlights one click - NOTHING
Headlights two clicks - OK
Headlights main beam- OK

Fuses in engine bay fusebox only for rear lights ???
None in coin bay fusebox for lights..

Which of the bulbs in the headlight is supposed to activate on one click?
Is it the golf ball sized one or the smaller one?
Still doesn't explain why no power to lights on one click mind you...

Startin' to annoy me now!!!!

doherty
01-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Have you actually got the sidelight bulbs out and tested /inspected them?

Dan_94_7G_Aus
03-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi all, new here. This is almost the exact same problem I'm having and the reason I joined the forums.

In my case low beam isn't working but the the parkers and high beam are. Only part I haven't troubleshot are the bulbs so looks like I'll grab some new ones and test them out to see if it fixes it.

Love the 8G VR4, was in the UK for a few months late last year and saw a few around. Bailed up some poor guy in a car park and asked all about his, he took it all in good humour and was very proud of his car and surprised that some weird Aussie guy knew what it was! Just a shame we can't have them here, I've only ever heard of one being in Australia which was sold a couple of years ago on another forum I visit.