PDA

View Full Version : Got pinged ... again ....

Xeroid
26-08-2006, 06:33 AM
Ok, I just got 'pinged' again, $120, part of the joy of driving a 'real' car I guess but ....
Got me wondering ... :vulcan:

Are you a real VR4 owner if you haven't been pinged ( he says looking sideways at his better half ) ?

I reckon to qualify as a jen-you-ine VR4 car owner you must have ...

1. Gotten a speeding ticket at least once. /TTTH

2. NOT be the posessor of a free fuel card ( how can you say you 'own' a VR4 if you don't suffer the thirst problem ? ) /Nuuu

I reckon it's cheating ...

bradc
26-08-2006, 07:36 AM
I guess I'm a lot more responsible and mature than you lot then :) I've been driving for 7 years, and done about 250000km and I haven't got a single speeding ticket against my name. The only infringement I've ever had was going through a yellow light in the rain which was unfair as I never could have stopped anyway.

Spirit
26-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Save your racing for the track......much safer on the wallet

Lillywotsername
26-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Ive been driving for 16 years and never had a speeding ticket. Thats not to say that now and again I dont have fun........

Just do it in the right places!!!!

Nutter_John
26-08-2006, 09:24 AM
17 yrs of driving and only been stoped by the police once , never had a speeding ticket and i don't want one . Not that I don't stray beyond the speed just do it in the sfae places

also must be lucky as well :D

Gly
26-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I guess I'm a lot more responsible and mature than you lot then :) I've been driving for 7 years, and done about 250000km and I haven't got a single speeding ticket against my name. The only infringement I've ever had was going through a yellow light in the rain which was unfair as I never could have stopped anyway.

yeh but the only REAL car you've owned has been in the workshop for almost what a year now??

lets see how you do once you have it back :P

Personally, i have **** loads of tickets, mostly for motorbike speeding incedents,

had a couple on the car but only for 60ish in 50 zones.

bradc
26-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Rubbish, I had it from may to february, and it's been there for just on 6 months now. I miss it so much :(

richy rich
26-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Ive been driving for 16 years and never had a speeding ticket. Thats not to say that now and again I dont have fun........

Just do it in the right places!!!!
ive been driving for 19 years and never had a speeding ticket and that is also driving a hgv for years around the uk and eu.

as pete said save the racing for track.

i love getting to the speed limit fast. :evil2:

ive also gone a tad over the speed limit once or twice:evil2:

KiwiTT
26-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Never had a speeding ticket. I don't count speed camera taxes. (had a couple of those)

Xeroid
27-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Geez, I'm beginning to feel like a pariah, I was only doing 60ish but just happened to flick it round a corner and there was a 'tax collector' parked up the hill a bit as I gave her a bit of welly to get back to work.
She didn't even tell me off, just collected her 'tax' and went back to her ambush site to wait for the next tax payer....

I speed in safe places too but the temptation to ' use the boost Luke ' ( Star Wars, Obeonekenobe voice ) is just chronic sometimes.

I blame the car ...

Lucas
27-08-2006, 03:27 AM
I usually only speed in the 'safe' places also but my theory is to think ahead and pick where cops/speed camera vans are likely to be hiding and slow down momentarily. Now to throw that theory down the drain...

Got 35 demerits and $150 for crossing the yellow centre line.
Get this... it was a road works zone and the only way around a rather large diggy machine was to cross the yellow line (followed 2 cars over it as well) Myself and the guy behind me got ticketed and I still cannot figure out where the hell he was hiding!!!

That's the only fine though

Subaru ETA
27-08-2006, 04:22 AM
the problem i have is when going to the batch up north you get on a passing lane, open her up to say 120 to pass people and bang! little miss piggy sitting there with a camerea or laser....that sucks balls.
i had a ticket for running a yellow light before. do you think it was because it was unsafe or coz of the fact i was 16 driving a gtx familia?? he didnt bother pulling up the 5 yes 5 others that went thru it!

william
27-08-2006, 06:14 AM
I got my first speeding ticket in a VR4 on the day I took my previous VR4 for a test drive before buying it! I've had quite a few speeding tickets in 30 years' driving, most of them on motorbikes. The fastest I have been clocked at was 197 km/h driving a BMW 333i and I managed to talk my way out of it ! I am a more responsable driver now and have not had a ticket in 3 years. I agree - keep the racing for the track!

Lillywotsername
27-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Do you guys only get fines then if you are caught speeding?
We get points on our license as well, 13 pts and you and kiss good bye to you license for up to a year. the norm is 3 for minor speeding i.e say 37 in a 30 zone this can go up acccording to how much you are exceding the limit. Get cought doing a tonn even on a motorway bye bye driving..... instant ban.

Points also affect you insurance premium, the more you go the more you pay.
So in all honesty, very few of us are in a financial position where we can afford to get caught speeding, hence we keep it for the track, regardless of any safety issues.

KiwiTT
27-08-2006, 09:40 PM
No risk of losing your license for minor speeding camera "tax collection". Only if you get picked up by a RADAR/LASER Highway Patrol.

You must declare that you have had a speeding camera "tax collection" to your insurance company, but there is no increase in premium. You just need to be honest with them before you have a claim. Fair enough, in my opinion, full disclosure and all that.

agilroy
27-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Valentine 1 :idea2:

VR4 MAD
28-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Geez, I'm beginning to feel like a pariah, I was only doing 60ish but just happened to flick it round a corner and there was a 'tax collector' parked up the hill a bit as I gave her a bit of welly to get back to work.
She didn't even tell me off, just collected her 'tax' and went back to her ambush site to wait for the next tax payer....

I speed in safe places too but the temptation to ' use the boost Luke ' ( Star Wars, Obeonekenobe voice ) is just chronic sometimes.

I blame the car ...

Xeroid, fear not I too have been .............. eerrr stung.

I'm now in the position of having to be really careful or my points will go over the limit.

Got nabbed twice in one weekend trip to Auckland and back. The second one really hurt - 65 in a 30 'Road Works' area. /JawDroppi No one around working, no gravel on the road etc, just the 'Works End' sign was some distance after the actual road works area. Sh*t!:thumbsdow

And the Valentine 1 isn't the answer it use to be either. PC plod is getting more and more devious, not leaving the radar on like the used too etc.

Oh well, thank god for back country roads I say.

:thumbsup:

agilroy
28-08-2006, 05:11 AM
There is a delay between when they switch the radar on and when it
can calculate your speed... unless your an idiot and driving dangerously fast
your generally sweet as.... 5+ years of VR-4 ownership... never collected a ticket in one

Subaru ETA
28-08-2006, 08:11 AM
yeah my mate got pulled up when a cop waas following him but between the time he had turned on his radar and the valentine had gone off he was bellow the limit and mr plod couldnt do jack!

agilroy
28-08-2006, 08:16 AM
haha the expression on his face would have been priceless.... /whip

Xeroid
28-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Well kinda p1sses me off cos the bloody expensive Uniden never even chirped for me. Should sell it to pay the fine.
Except it's got the dead accurate GPS on board so I can judge that '10 k over' limit just right.
Oh, and I lost 20 points as well.

bugga ....

Lucas
29-08-2006, 06:47 AM
the problem i have is when going to the batch up north you get on a passing lane, open her up to say 120 to pass people and bang! little miss piggy sitting there with a camerea or laser....that sucks balls.
i had a ticket for running a yellow light before. do you think it was because it was unsafe or coz of the fact i was 16 driving a gtx familia?? he didnt bother pulling up the 5 yes 5 others that went thru it!

Following on from this if you head to Tauranga (from Aucks) you will find the first 2 passing lanes (bloody ages away) past the Bombays begin at the bottom of a hill and end at the top. Everyone you have been following at 90kph now speeds up to get up these hills (110kph+) forcing you to go even faster to prevent being stuck behind them again. The cops love hiding at the top of these hills too.

OOH LOOK... 100th post WOOHOO! (still a long way to catch up to some of you though... sheesh!)

NAUSED
29-08-2006, 07:34 AM
you can be a vr4 owner and not have got a ticket because of luck and havn't been "pinged" but i recon it doesn't matter if you have or havn't got a speeding ticket, if you drive a vr4 "you da man"/applaude

Subaru ETA
29-08-2006, 11:02 AM
but at the end of the day when you drive a vr4 on the open road you cruise at 120 easy! its hard to keep it under! and yes *****rs that speed up on passing lanes need to be shot!

Rossco Type-S
01-09-2006, 07:32 AM
...and yes *****rs that speed up on passing lanes need to be shot!

Not shot...that would be too quick and painless. Maybe...hung, drawn and quartered?

I have been quite lucky with tickets, been flashed by cameras twice but not ticketed. Also been speeding (60ish in 50 zone) when driving past cops with out them stopping me. The funniest one happened one morning when I was doing about 67 in a 50 zone and there was a car coming towards me with no headlights on (it was dark), so I flashed my high beems, turns out it was a cop.

Signvision
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
well in my 23years of driving with most done on open roads I have only been done 3 times and the have been 60ish in a 50 area...
This has been quite amazing not to loose my licence or have huge fines as I use to quite often travel at over double the open road speed limit in my younger days in the North Canterbury area in a Brock commadore... Had some close calls tho

StunEm
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I have had quite a few speeding tickets since i started driving but have not had any in the VR4 so far. Growing up and becoming wiser to where the police will hide, plus the use of a radar detector helps.
Just got pulled over tonight after picking up tea for driving with my fog/driving lights on. Sweet talked miss police person and got let off. (Lucky)

Subaru ETA
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
stupid aye... i mean its not as if the fog lamps are very bright on them! jezzz

StunEm
01-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Just annoying. My KFC was getting cold. The good thing was that i wasnt speeding and she didnt question my 3 inch exhaust system rumbling away or the coilover suspension setup that is not legal yet. Getting certed when I back from holiday.

Xeroid
03-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Hell, I ALWAYS have the lower driving lights on so I can be seen ( Be seen, be safe ! ).
Ain't never been pulled up on that one.

Subaru ETA
03-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Hell, I ALWAYS have the lower driving lights on so I can be seen ( Be seen, be safe ! ).
Ain't never been pulled up on that one.

guy at work has been pulled up on it before... i mean i drive with them on during the day if im on the open road! i always have them on at night. ive been asked to turn them off before and i just said to the cop "i hope no one is getting rapped or murdered while you are ere lecturing me bout my little driving lights...." she didnt like that but didnt get a ticket

bradc
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
What if they are driving lights, not fog lights?

Xeroid
05-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Fog lights are yellow, so they are driving lights as far as I understand. I have them on always, town, country, day, night, whatever.