PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Brake dics - 294mm???

ritch_w
29-08-2006, 08:19 AM
are the front discs 294mm?

is there a difference between pre & face lift discs?

I reckon my brakes are past their best, so what are our options for discs and pads (any costs would be good???)

or anyone know of some brembo setups going cheap????

bradc
29-08-2006, 08:44 AM
They are 294mm and there isn't a difference between pre and post facelift. Camskill have lots of rotors and stuff for you guys over there that will replace the stock ones :)

WildCards
29-08-2006, 11:01 AM
My Dads been looking into getting the fronts upgraded recently, these prices are current. FYI EVO IV Discs are the same as ours.
N.B. The National Grooved discs appear to have been discontinued, if it were my money i'd go for Rossini's or Rotors and DS2500's.

Discs:
Camskill Drilled - £225 - http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s1395p5556Rossini
Rossini Fronts - £165 - http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/catalogues/rossini_brake_discs.cfm
EBC Turbo Groove - £220 - http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/parts_disc.asp?part=disc&make=MITSUBISHI&model=Evo+4&year=2+%2895%2D98%29
Rotor Discs - £200- http://www.rotordiscs.com/

Pads:
DS2500 £95 - http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s1396p0
Red Stuff Ceramic £65 - http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/parts_pad.asp?part=pad&make=MITSUBISHI&model=Lancer+Evo+4&year=2+%2895%2D98%29

ritch_w
29-08-2006, 01:09 PM
cheers looks like i'll plump for rossinis and ds2500s unless a brembo setup comes up. will have to persavere a bit longer as have no £££ for it right now :(

Axeboy
29-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Youll get a set of brembos for £200

Discs will be £140

Pads similar to above...

Worth considering m8y :)

Nick Mann
29-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Ritch, don't forget that the superlegs will not necessarily clear the brembos without spacers. I guess Pete may know a bit more, but he has Kads, I think.

ritch_w
29-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Ritch, don't forget that the superlegs will not necessarily clear the brembos without spacers. I guess Pete may know a bit more, but he has Kads, I think.

my superleggeras are 7x17 with ET45 does that sound sufficient for brembos?

is there a rough guide for the ET required for brembos? or is it hit or miss?

brake upgrade wont be imminent - as of tonight i will have another "project" on the go :thumbsup:

WildCards
29-08-2006, 04:41 PM
my superleggeras are 7x17 with ET45 does that sound sufficient for brembos?

is there a rough guide for the ET required for brembos? or is it hit or miss?

brake upgrade wont be imminent - as of tonight i will have another "project" on the go :thumbsup:

Hit and miss I think Ritch. AKAIK it's the wheel design not necessarily the offset that dictates fitment. As Nick said above Pete has/had spacers on to fit over his KAD's. Either get some EVO wheels which definately fit over them or do some trial and error with wheels you like.

bradc
29-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't think superleggera's with a 45mm offset would work, you'd probably need 5mm spacers at the front at a minimum

Spirit
29-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Yep, got 5mm spacers on mine Ritch.

Just waiting for my new wheels to arrive this week and have ordered +38 offset to get rid of the spacer....I had to stick to 17x7 wheels too due to my lowered suspension or I would have gone for Enkei's (they are 8")

Quad Al
18-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Rich,
I've just measured my ebc turbo discs(294mm 0nes) and they are shot, got them of sghom, they were as new, 7,000 miles on and i need a new pair! . Won't be using ebc anymore.
As Paul Calf says....
Bago****e!
Have used Mintex pads for years, they last, they stop and they stop even more when they are HOT!!! Thumbs up for Mintex.:thumbsup:

SGHOM
18-09-2006, 09:54 PM
and they are shot, got them of sghom, they were as new, :

you can have you're money back as promised Al !! /duh :embarasse :embarasse

Wodjno
18-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Rich,
I've just measured my ebc turbo discs(294mm 0nes) and they are shot, got them of sghom, they were as new, 7,000 miles on and i need a new pair! . Won't be using ebc anymore.
As Paul Calf says....
Bago****e!
Have used Mintex pads for years, they last, they stop and they stop even more when they are HOT!!! Thumbs up for Mintex.:thumbsup:

Wot Pads were you asing with them Al ??

Quad Al
18-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Wot Pads were you asing with them Al ??

They were Mintex, Better than 1155s I guess ( which i want to try next).
but i can't say what spec........
Forest????
and still trying to get all the dust off my wheels.
Wonder wheels is good stuff, but time consuming.(6 hours and counting)

Anyone know of a matching disc for the 1155 pads? preferbly with no grooves.
Anyone know of a good strong wheel cleaner?

Wodjno
18-09-2006, 10:56 PM
They were Mintex, Better than 1155s I guess ( which i want to try next).
but i can't say what spec........
Forest????
and still trying to get all the dust off my wheels.
Wonder wheels is good stuff, but time consuming.(6 hours and counting)

Anyone know of a matching disc for the 1155 pads? preferbly with no grooves.
Anyone know of a good strong wheel cleaner?

The reason I ask is ? I swear by EBC Turbo Groove Discs ! But mated with RedStuff Ceramics !
I am on my 3rd Set of Discs and Just about to fit my 4th...

Thing is, i have always mated the discs with EBC Pads.. Red Stuffs and when i went to the ring i used Yellow Stuffs.. I have Nevver had a Problem with braking on the road and only had mild brake fade on track... !!

But the Discs i have on now that were fitted just before i went to the ring in April are now giving me Pedal vibration and on checking them they are cracked right through the disc. ?? But i am still going to replace them with the same.. ???
Reason being is that after i wore a set of Yellow Stuff Pads in 650 miles at the ring, i then replaced them(while still at the ring) with a set of part warn standard pads that The Vee had disposed of in the Bin, as they were Glazed. These Pads saw me through another 9 laps of the ring and the journey Home.. Soon after i changed them for another set of Standard Pads as the 1's i had from The Vee were down to the Metal and i had No time to wait for EBC's to arrive.. These have been on my car eversince ! And i have suffered countless amounts of brake fade and now shudderring and totally F00ked up discs.. ? I put this down to the Pads not Mating well with the Discs and the heat dissipation not being nearly half as good as the EBC pads and EBC disc Set up..
I think, and i am sure i have posted before about people saying that certain Pads and Certain Discs were crap ! But i think it's not that all these Disc and Pads are Shiiiiiiiiite !! It's that they are not presented with the right partner ??

I'm sure there are plenty of Members out there that are with the Perfect Partner Now.. !!! But ask somebody else about your partner and they will say they were Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite :thinking2

Quad Al
08-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Finally got time to sit down and type, Noh!
Fitted Mintex front pads, type 1144 (fast road pad) to a Brand spanking pair of Standard Mitsui' discs!. Yeeeehaaah! It feels safe again. Bedded them in, very easy and man, suprisingly they feel more sharp and giving a harder pedal than previous set up :drummer:
Definatley the worn discs gave extra long pedal to push the pistons further. GroupA Forest pads are Definately too Hard for the Road
Wodj, still not pleased with EBC discs think their metal is quite soft. Maybe a bad Batch? They seem to have gone through quite a Transformation as a Company over the past few years! . Each man to their own and all that. Derek, Cheers for the discs, they did tie me over a sticky patch!A Beer is on your tab!
The pad numbers are if anyone requires them:-
Mintex 1144 compound Fast road front pads No. MDB1539. Fit Standard VR4 front calipers. mated to standard Mitsui' discs, They work just fine even if they squeel slightly. Thumbs up!

Why will my smilies not work???