PDA

View Full Version : UK Speed Camera Fine = Insurance Hike

KiwiTT
03-11-2003, 04:14 AM
I read in our Local Paper

SPEED DOESN'T PAY

Motorists in Britain penalised for speeding this year face a £400 million INSERT INTO post VALUES ($1.1 billion) hike in insurance premiums over the next five years, says in-car speed camera company Cyclops. More than two million British drivers are expected to receive a fixed three-point penalty after being snapped by one of the 5000 speed cameras dotted around Britain. The average car owner will face an extra £196 INSERT INTO post VALUES ($544) bill on top of their normal premiums for their first three points. Those with six penalty points will have to pay an extra £512.85 INSERT INTO post VALUES ($1420) over five years, and for nine points a whopping £1419.40 INSERT INTO post VALUES ($3940).

This is going to hurt some

zedy1
03-11-2003, 09:49 AM
you guys know how hard we get it

Nick VR4
03-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Mmm I though that most UK insurance companies aren't to bothered about 3 or some even 6 points on your license
Before they start hicking up £££

Sounds more like a excuse to me just to increase Insurance Prices :mad: :nono:

Darren
03-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Ofcourse it's an excuse ti hike up costs. The problem with the country is that we put up with the shenanigans of government and businesses alike. They know we need it so they crap in your hat and take your wallet. Truly shocking state of affairs.

zedy1
03-11-2003, 05:30 PM
as u guys talk weve had 10 - 15 cameras installed last week in blackburn/darwen area
the goverment is getting greedy day by day

Kieran
03-11-2003, 08:06 PM
/Kieran Looses it again....:mad: :grr: :mad2: :gun2: :soapbox:

I hate [CENSORED!] speed cameras!!
And the government!! They're a load of [CENSORED!]!! the lot of them!

Perhaps, rather than insurance discounts, what about a deal on speed trap detectors and membership of the ABD??:Ponder:

zedy1
03-11-2003, 08:28 PM
:D

Nick VR4
03-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Whats the web site called in the Netherlands called
Goes about damaging camera's
Something like Tufti Club :Ponder:

Brind
03-11-2003, 09:53 PM
I was told a while ago from someone reading the Times.. said this women went to re-insure her car but in the previous months she had gotten a divorce and changed her name back to original, she had to give the details to her insurance company INSERT INTO post VALUES (of the name change) and the insurance company had to give her a brand new policy and they actually hiked up her premium because she could be more at risk as she may be suffering trauma from the devorce!! :eek: :eek: how effing sick is that? :nono:

wirdy
03-11-2003, 11:06 PM
I had to change my address INSERT INTO post VALUES (same area, so same risk) with my insurance company when I left the wife. I had to stomach a premium hike of £22 for the privilege!!. According to the insurers you are a better driver if you're married rather than separated / divorced / single.
The fact that I drive around 99% of the time with my daughter in the car with me INSERT INTO post VALUES (therefore drive within the cars and my limits) doesn't hold any water with insurers either.

I'm sure interlec has a different story, but I can confirm that an SP30 doesn't worry any insurer I've spoken to; although ANOTHER SP offence would!

Having watched the last series of 'Britains worst driver', it wouldn't surprise me if most of those morons were paying one fifth of the insurance premiums most of us pay!
Not fair, is it?

:Ponder:

ReggieK
04-11-2003, 10:10 AM
It is also worth noting that that comment came from a manufacturer of speed camera detectors. It is in their interest to say things like that to up their sales to the gullible.

Not that I think these units aren't useful, they are if you want to keep your licence, but sales techniques like that are a little outrageous.