PDA

View Full Version : Car Electrics.....

Rikki
29-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I went over to get a few things off MJR last night and realised that there could be some wire faults in the car. My driver side sidelight had went out so i thought it was the bulb. So I swapped the entire unit over with MJR's, and still the sidelight is not working! /Grrr

One brake light does not come on when insterted inside the cluster, but when you take it out the cluster, it springs to life. eh?? /Hissy

I was going to take the alarm siren of Marc too however a closer inspection showed that my unit is almost brand new so maybe thats not at fault. Coupled with the fact my A/C doesnt do anything and the temp guage only makes a difference when put to max or min, we decided I have some elctrical problems with the car. (oh and the fuel warning lamp doesnt work)

So.... could this all be related or is it just one big coinsidence? :thinking:

Subaru ETA
29-08-2006, 11:17 AM
id be checking all your earths! (and voltage drops if you know how too....) if you got a bad earth it would cause these problems

MJR
29-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Am tellin ya its prolly something really small and silly!

But Mitsi will charge you a fortune to check it again.

ritch_w
29-08-2006, 01:04 PM
all earths as stated, and go thru every fuse possible. It could even be a short some where...

open bonnet when its starting to get dark and get someone to try and switch everything on/off repeatidly in the cabin - watch under the bonnet for any sparking.....

Paul Beazer
29-08-2006, 01:27 PM
could be the bulbs themselves too.

Rikki
29-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Cheers guys.

Ill get in touch with my pal (electrician) and see what he can find out, if anything. Failing that i might just need to ask Mits to sort it (if they can find the problem this time)