PDA

View Full Version : stereo wiring loom help

Nik77
03-11-2003, 01:50 PM
all,

any ideas where i can pick up a Legnum Stereo wiring loom in the UK?

I am trying to fit a Pioneer DEH-P3000R and i dont want to cut any wires.

Thanks Chaps and chapessess...

Nick Mann
03-11-2003, 02:09 PM
I have a Pioneer double-din head unit. Although the socket in the stereo is not the same as the wiring loom, the stereo was supplied with a cable that adapts it to the usual 2 rectangular 8 pin plugs. INSERT INTO post VALUES (One for the speakers, one for power, lights, memory etc.)

Do you have these plugs on the loom or something else?

Mine is a Ralliart supplied car, so maybe I have the benefit of non-japanese radio connections.

Nik77
03-11-2003, 02:14 PM
I have the original Pioneer Wiring loom but that just terminates with open ended wires.

The Mitsu unit is configured with two rows of
6 pins
8 pins!

Arghhhhh

Nick Mann
03-11-2003, 02:39 PM
What does the plugINSERT INTO post VALUES (s) look like on the wiring loom?

zedy1
03-11-2003, 05:02 PM
u could get hold of adapter plug

Nik77
04-11-2003, 03:20 PM
thanks chaps for the questions....

With a hammer :scared1:, and some cutters all is well.

I searched the forum and some one else had asked the same question. I mapped out the speaker wires and away i went.

All fitted nice and snug, works a treat and sounds great.

:cool1: :hurrah: :thumb1:

zedy1
04-11-2003, 05:21 PM
okay thats cool

Nick Mann
04-11-2003, 08:14 PM
:thumb:

Darren
04-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Nik, do you have the unit with the jap telly installed? if you have could you post some info about how you did it? I'm looking to install something along the same line and it would help :)

zedy1
04-11-2003, 09:36 PM
darren it may be possible to pull your standard radio out and install a new head unit and keep the screen for heating ect

Darren
04-11-2003, 10:21 PM
yeah I looked at the module and it does seem separate, but i like it :). I just want a cd changer i think, but have no clue how it would plug in or wire up.

zedy1
04-11-2003, 10:26 PM
there are some manufacturers who do independent cd changers this is how it works

the cd changer gets insalled in the boot and u have a small control panel and the front like a small remote which lets u control the feutures the sound comes through your orignal stereo via a fm modulator

Darren
04-11-2003, 11:58 PM
i was thinking along the line of this http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/64fb/
If I couldn't get the cd to work via the in-built system

zedy1
05-11-2003, 09:14 AM
only when youre at home u could use it

Nik77
05-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by zedy1
screen for heating ect

am i missing something here? My TV SAT / NAV device is a stereo sized unit which does its james bond thing and slides out of the dash. It doesnt control the heating or anything? I have a climate control screen above it??? errrrr...

As to fitting the standard stereo underneath it, its ok.

Take out the Mitsu unit by taking off the front console, unwire the climate and put it to the side.

There are two screws holding in the double din unit, you undo both of those and then lift the dd unit up and out. Take the old stereo out.

THis is the tricky bit, depending on the new stereo bezel it may or may not fit in the hole that is in the console unit. My stereo was too large. So i had to refit the double din unit with the sat nav without the stereo. Refit the console cover, and then slot in the stereo cage into the console space. This is the bit that needed a little persuasion with the hammer. Once in and bedded,you then fit the stereo and its a good night from him and good night from me!

Nick

Darren
05-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Sorry Nik, Some of us have a factory installed Mitsubishi/Sumitomo unit which is called the Mitsubishi Multi Communication System. I controls all aspects of the console, Climate, SatNav, Tape, Radio, CD and TV. The problem with it is it's all in japanese and is unable to accomodate a band expander. What I want is a plug in CD changer which I can stick in the boot, but I don't have a clue what pinouts are needed.

On another note, I saw on a recent trawl through some Jap sites that it's not uncommon to move the 1 Din Aircon unit to the center glove box, in order to fit flash toys in the dash. They even have a ready made extension cable to make the job easier.

If you like I can go find the site with the cable again. They are still selling them.

On another note, If anyone sees a standard AirCon/climate dash controller in a scrapped Galant, get a price for me. It would be nice to be able to source one cheap to see if it's an easy replacement for the MMCS system. I think many mitsu's have the same unit.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yr-advance.com%2FTOP%2Fnew.htm

should work for the extension cable

Nik77
05-11-2003, 03:21 PM
this is the console i have....:Cry1:

zedy1
05-11-2003, 07:46 PM
looks good m8 could you not cut a trim for the top one

Kieran
05-11-2003, 08:09 PM
When I get the cash together for a VR-4, one of my requirements is that it *MUST* have the MMCS, even if it's in Japanese!

Nik77
06-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by zedy1
looks good m8 could you not cut a trim for the top one

Ive got the trim for the Sat /Nav but it wont fit because of the bloody bezel round the stereo!!!!

:gun2: :mad2: :bang: