PDA

View Full Version : ECU FEATURES for 6a13TT

MunkyWrench
30-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Although this upgrade is not on the cards yet due to 'no money syndrome', I am researching none the less.

I have been reading manuals for various ECUs, particularly the Haltech line,
and am wondering what features are necessary/good to have/redundant for a street tuned vr4.
I do not know the 6a13tt inside out - that is my problem really.

The features I am curious about are Injection/Ignition methods.
"Direct fire wasted spark", "batch", "semi-sequential", "sequential"....
I am gaining an uderstanding of each of these terms, but what applies to the vr4?

What method does the 6a13 ignition use (coils etc??? i dunno) ?
What could it use with an aftermarket ecu?

Do any of these features have the potential of improving responsiveness or would the effect be lost behind the effect of turbo charging?

Obviously this discussion leads to whether spending money on top of the line computers is worth it, or if say a Haltech E6X is enough.

Remember, the quality of the tuning software is also a factor. The Halwin software used for E8 and E11v2 is nice and tidy. Who has the best (laptop, I hate handheld tuners)tuning software for their ECUs?

bradc
30-08-2006, 05:39 AM
The Autronic software is great and has a really nice on screen display virtual dash thingee. Contact Mark from nzperformance.co.nz, he is local to you and is not only a very friendly guy but he is also very familiar with vr-4's

triniVr4
03-09-2006, 03:58 AM
not to storm this thread...but are there any AEM EMS's for the VR4's?

bradc
03-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I was quoted on an AEM EMS ecu for my car, but it isn't one designed for a vr4 or anything, it is just a normal replacement ecu that needs to be tuned.

Kenneth
10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I believe the VR-4s use sequential injection (each injector is pulsed at the correct time and independantly) and wasted spark ignition (cylinders are paired, each ignition is on 2 cylinders, but as only one causes combustion, the other is 'wasted')