PDA

View Full Version : D2 brakes (8 pods!)

Kalle
30-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I recently discovered that D2 racingsport sell front brake kits with 330 or 350mm grooved discs and 8 pods calipers! At the unbeatable price of just £1000

However they dont list any options for the VR-4, but they list for most other Mitsubishis and we know that those that fits the EVO6 also fits the facelifts, but most people here is probably more interested in brakes for the prefacelift..

Does anyone know if 3000GT brakes fit the prefaclifts? or Eclipse brakes?

heres the swedish site that sells them:
http://www.streetperformance-butik.se/Shop/Index.php
Click on "Bromsar" (=brakes) then "D2 racingsport" then "Kit" then "Mitsubishi" then you have all kits with pictures and if you click on them then there's an english description

For you guys with N/A galants you have a kit that fits! :)

stuartturbo
30-08-2006, 08:54 PM
facelift legnum though.
prob use evo calipers and new disk carrier

but looking at them i could easly make them fit a pre face lift as the caliper is mounted via a bracket

I had looked at these but not had a good picture ( the one showing break down off bits)
Cheers for that

WildCards
30-08-2006, 09:44 PM
But surely 8 pot brakes are too dangerous. We'll have VR4's upending themselves all over the shop!

psbarham
30-08-2006, 09:49 PM
But surely 8 pot brakes are too dangerous. We'll have VR4's upending themselves all over the shop!
sales for legnum roof rails will go up to save scratched paint work :stars:

bradc
31-08-2006, 10:23 AM
What about balancing the braking force? Surely with such large brakes up front they would tend to lock up first, you'd need a brake bias controller or something

Kenneth
10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
What about balancing the braking force? Surely with such large brakes up front they would tend to lock up first, you'd need a brake bias controller or something

I would be interested to see how the ABS affects this issue... someone must know. However under normal braking, you would be sub-optimal if the front were providing more than standard braking force while the rear remained standard.