PDA

View Full Version : Xenon

dybmapi
03-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Hi, has anyone installed xenon lamps on his VR4 ?

Does it work better, how much did it cost ?

I have an offer for 330 $, i think it is cheap.

Anyone has done it ?

Best,

Pierre

zedy1
03-11-2003, 08:29 PM
standard lights do me fine :D

dybmapi
25-11-2003, 08:08 PM
And don't regret at all.

It did cost 280 for the bulbs and the two control boxes, plus 50 for the fitting. Took around 90 minutes to install the whole thing, and boy, is the space cramped on the right. It is very comfortable around the battery, on the left side.

Waow, what a change compared to normal lamps...just like night and day.
And it's a nice colour too, blueish.

Can't believe that the Mitsubishy dealer is asking over 1 000 $ for the job, while most of the tuners are asking around 500 to 600. For half of that, it is a real bargain, and considering that in winter, the night falls around 5 pm, it is a security feature.

If anybody else is interested, i can try and post some information about the lamps.

Bye for now,

Pierre :cool1:

wirdy
26-11-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm hoping you guys are talking about the HID type conversion kits.

I've done the low cost option and fitted Xenon-filled bulbs and they give an improvement, although not much!

If you type in 'HID conversion' on E-bay you get some good looking kits for around the £175 INSERT INTO post VALUES (UK) mark. Has anyone tried these type?, and by the way has anyone got any real-world comparisons on the difference between a 6000K and a 8000K lamp, for instance??. I think it describes 'colour temperature' and the higher you go the bluer the light gets, is that correct? and how blue is blue?
I'm a bit confused about it all.....?

dybmapi
28-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Although it is not exactly the same kit, it looks very similar. particularly the lamps.

I don't know exactly how powerful they are, but i can call back and get the information.

As for the blue tint, it is apparent, particularly when you compare it to a normal lamp.

I really recommend upgrading your lights.

Have a nice week-end,

Pierre

SGHOM
28-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by wirdy
[B

I'm a bit confused about it all.....? [/B]

well Nige !! it comes to us all eventually !!

:D :D

Brind
28-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Jaysback has HID lights, they are very good although unfortunately didn't realise he had them until we left from the first meet INSERT INTO post VALUES (Japfest).
Apparently they aren't E-Marked or something so they aren't technically legal for on road use.
Don't know if the other kits you've mentiond are legal for over here..

I've got some HID effect bulbs in mine and I think they really are quite good and by far better than original!

wirdy
29-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by interlec
well Nige !! it comes to us all eventually !!

:D :D

/retires to the comfortable arm chair, puts on slippers and thinks fondly of his younger days.:D :D :D