PDA

View Full Version : Car leaked on my foot

I-S
31-08-2006, 08:49 AM
This morning I made a quick getaway from a roundabout in the rain, and the car dumped some water on my left foot. I think it may have done this before in the winter, but I thought it was snow falling from the toe of my shoe onto my ankle then, but perhaps it wasn't...

Any suggestions?

BraindG
31-08-2006, 08:55 AM
mebbe its come through the blower? Is it raining as much there as it is here in manchester? I can't think of anywhere else water could get in down there.

I-S
31-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I was on my way in to work in oldham, so yes, no shortage of rain (and fog over the top).

Roadrunner
31-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Do you have a sunroof? Have known these to leak and run water down the A-pillar and dump it on the feet. Leaking windscreen surround can do similar.

doherty
31-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Is it an Air Con. possibly!! I know they can drip from the engine bay onto the tarmac. Sometimes you get a mist from the vents when it's switched on!! Just a suggestion!!!

Martin.

I-S
31-08-2006, 11:02 AM
No sunroof.

It's possible it was an AC thing... I had the AC on this morning (which is rare for me) to stop steaming up in the rain.

Paul Beazer
31-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Rain??

Might want to check the grommets on your bulkhead, perhaps one has perished?

The Vee
31-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I read somewhere about a drainage tube for air con condensation, from behind the dash which goes down to the area near the bottom of the bulkhead where the "transmission tunnel" meets it. This was coming adrift and causing what you describe. Think I saw it on a US recall site. Cant say I've seen the tube in mine, but to be fair, never had cause to look for it. I would imagine it comes off the bottom of the heater matrix gubbins somewhere.

Lucas
05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I read somewhere about a drainage tube for air con condensation, from behind the dash which goes down to the area near the bottom of the bulkhead where the "transmission tunnel" meets it. This was coming adrift and causing what you describe. Think I saw it on a US recall site. Cant say I've seen the tube in mine, but to be fair, never had cause to look for it. I would imagine it comes off the bottom of the heater matrix gubbins somewhere.

Yeah I think this is what I had in a civic I owned. Everytime I accelerated hard a few droplets of water would come out of a hose which was hanging down in the passenger footwell. I always thought my mate was having me on untill I was actually a passenger oneday when it happened. No idea where such a pipe would be located on our cars though, but maybe this is what's causing it

I-S
05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I had a look, and I'm fairly sure that it actually came out of the footwell vent, because there was no trace of water anywhere else, and that's pretty much directly above my left foot. I guess that rain must have got into the vent system.