PDA

View Full Version : Feel like slapping Mitsubishi dealers

MGV6
31-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Went there to buy pollen filter for my car. He asked for my chassis number and then told me my car doesnt have pollen filter. I said "yes, it does". The problem is their computers suck. They once told me my car doesnt even have air-con. Doh! All 2.5 V6 cars have standard air-cons, theres no ifs or buts. But anyway, he came over my car to see it, he then found out it DID have pollen filter. In fact, parkers guide explains everything that each model, each car has so even thats better then their system. And then, I just briefly spoke to him about my digital clock playing up. I wasnt gonna get it done from them but I just wanted to see what they say. He said "you need a new clock". I said what about soldering the 2 wires, he replied "Thats not the problem, we have never been told of soldering any wires on digital clock." He tried to assure me I needed a new clcok so I never bothered afterwards.

btw: they charge £150 + VAT for the digital clock and £90 for 1 hours labour.

****ing dicks! The lot of them. Rip off!

I dont use Mitsubishi anymore but sometimes using some of their genuine parts does help, i.e. timing belt and thats the only time I'll ever use them in very rare cases.

psbarham
31-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I dont use Mitsubishi anymore but sometimes using some of their genuine parts does help, i.e. timing belt and thats the only time I'll ever use them in very rare cases.
mitsubishi buy their timing belts from gates , why get ass raped by them when the local motorfactors will save you ££££££££ for the same products

MGV6
31-08-2006, 06:03 PM
gates? who are they?

MGV6
31-08-2006, 06:04 PM
mitsubishi buy their timing belts from gates , why get ass raped by them when the local motorfactors will save you ££££££££ for the same products

the local garages in my area arent any good so I cant find any decent substitutes as far as parts are concerned.

Nutter_John
31-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Dude if you join you can review the excellent work done by Mr Mann to show you how to fix it :D

MGV6
31-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Dude if you join you can review the excellent work done by Mr Mann to show you how to fix it :D

Thats what I am looking to do over the next few weeks. "Spirit" is aware of it.

All my servicing needs will be done by WRD (assuming they are still around in the years to come :) )

I reckon most of you guys know more than what Mitsubishi do. They are useless.

Paul Beazer
31-08-2006, 08:50 PM
BINGO! He said it!

steve190
31-08-2006, 09:19 PM
The problem is their computers suck

Been there, apparently my V6 doesn't have Climate control. However thanks to helpful people here the issue has been resolved and it is working like a dream :-ished: .

Get my local garage to do the work, and if they cannot do it they'll get me the parts at trade. :laugh: