PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Park Sunday 3rd Sept (QUICK!)

bernmc
31-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Just been speaking to SGHOM. He and a few of the other of the Usual Suspects are going to the TrakZone Day at Donnington Park this Sunday.

Full GP circuit, each hour divided into 3 x 20min sessions (beginner/intermediate/advanced), sessions run all day with an hour lunch break.

135 quid for the day as long as you prebook.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

We'll be going up - just haven't decided if we'll drive... and which car we'll drive if we do!

SGHOM
31-08-2006, 08:05 PM
So Far ..Bern, Simon, Jimbo , Richard, Chris, Me [ and Rhianne !! :kiss: /Devil5 ]

any more for any more ?? :soapbox:

Nick Mann
31-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Gutted. This weekend was free just over a week ago!! Have a great day chaps - wish I could be there.

HJM
31-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Have fun guys :thumbsup:

And someone take some piccies /Camera

J :)

tig202
31-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Count me in for the meet but unfortunatly my donnington track debue will have to be at Japfest:beatnik2:

Have fun guys :thumbsup:

And someone take some piccies /Camera

Will do J:) We will have to see if Lisa can get better video footage this time!!!

Physician
31-08-2006, 11:56 PM
So Far ..Bern, Simon, Jimbo , Richard, Chris, Me [ and Rhianne !! :kiss: /Devil5 ]

any more for any more ?? :soapbox:

Which Richard???

richy rich
01-09-2006, 07:10 AM
i may come and have a look and see and meet up.

K9NG
01-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Sounds like a good day unfortunatley can't make it :sad3:
All have fun and save some tyres for the 30th :D

bernmc
01-09-2006, 07:59 AM
I suspect we'll be spectating - too anxious to take the Z on track without insurane, and another 200 quid in the space of two weeks is just too much. VR4 needs new rear brakes - I've been holding off until I can afford some EVO discs to do my brembo calipers at the same time. No way I'll get it done in time.

Will be nice to see everyone, and it'll keep the trackday desire live in the missus!

Lillywotsername
01-09-2006, 09:26 AM
i may come and have a look and see and meet up.
and just when were you going to tell me...... Oh I know ... just before you walk out the door. ok I will shut up now.

Have a good day all.

Kieran
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
and just when were you going to tell me...... Oh I know ... just before you walk out the door. ok I will shut up now.

Have a good day all.

Breaking story on KieranCorp news, Man in intensive care after being tied to the back of a Legnum and being dragged through Stoke by his wife....

richy rich
01-09-2006, 01:39 PM
/haz /haz /haz

lilly i did say might:smash: :smash: :smash:

HJM
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
We are coming too /Wyhy

Not to track, just to watch and take some piccies, as Heath doesn't want to kill the car before JFII :kiss:

So anyone fancy meeting us at the Leicester (Braunstone) travel inn tomorrow night, you will be very welcome :party2:

We will be in our 'diesel' car, as it will save us a fortune in fuel :sad3:

Physician
01-09-2006, 09:46 PM
So anyone fancy meeting us at the Leicester (Braunstone) travel inn tomorrow night, you will be very welcome :party2:

Approx what time are you arriving Jane?

HJM
01-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Should get there around 5pm :givemebee

H

HJM
02-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Approx what time are you arriving Jane?

Rich, you have PM :)

J

WildCards
02-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Are you coming Saturday night Jane? I might be able to pop over if Kate doesn't mind.

Jimbo
02-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Wow, this took off! Until the other day I thought it was just going to be me, Derek and Chris, now it's a fully fledged meet of the mini-variety, good on yer CVR4 :)

Now where's me helmet and sunglasses?

HJM
02-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Are you coming Saturday night Jane? I might be able to pop over if Kate doesn't mind.

Yep, we will be there Saturday :)

J

Physician
02-09-2006, 01:05 AM

Kate said "OK, you can go out and play Steve".

BraindG
02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
i'd go, but got work :(

hf guys....

Jimbo
02-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Speaking to Jane on the phone at half four yesterday I suddenly realised I hadn't received ANYTHING through in the post from Donnington....and then got another phone call and missed my chance to ring them before they closed up the office.

Does anybody else have documents / entry tickets / forms / etc? All I have is an email confirmation. I'm guessing this will be enough to get me in? I'm sure I got forms and stuff from them last time....

Kieran
02-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Kate said "OK, you can go out and play Steve".

:beatnik2: /Devil5

Kieran
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I *might* pop along. But I do have other stuff to be doing!

SGHOM
02-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I did plan on spending all of today putting the suspension & brakes etc, back on my car. but rain halted play, /TTTH so I'll be there in 'me Saaaab' :)
Sadly.... not on track, I'm saving that for JF11. :uhoh:
As I said previous... I'm bringing along my barmaid 'friend' Rhianne :sweethear & a couple of other babes also !! :o should keep you all entertained between sessions !! /Nuuu

Lillywotsername
02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Rich and I are going to see how it goes and pop over if we can. Hope to see ya all there./grouphug

gaz70
02-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I might pop up in the morning if you dont mind strangers

bernmc
02-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I did plan on spending all of today putting the suspension & brakes etc, back on my car. but rain halted play, /TTTH so I'll be there in 'me Saaaab'

Big girls blouse. Made of sugar? Ancient joints sieze up when wet? :uhoh:

Lillywotsername
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I might pop up in the morning if you dont mind strangers
Think I can speak for all when I say " The More The Merrier"

SGHOM
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1632 :bananadan /GJ :helmet: :helmet:

Alex
02-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Like K said, it very much depends on the weather, but we might both pop along.

But, if it looks like staying fine, K's going to work on the car - about time it was working again. Plus, I want my spare room back :bananadan

Kieran
02-09-2006, 11:29 PM
But, if it looks like staying fine, K's going to work on the car - about time it was working again. Plus, I want my spare room back :bananadan

Wot?! You mean you don't like having a Legnum Parts Shrine in there?!?!:speechles :inquisiti

/pan

Alex
02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Wot?! You mean you don't like having a Legnum Parts Shrine in there?!?!:speechles :inquisiti

Err, suprisingly enough, NO! /wall /wall

SGHOM
02-09-2006, 11:41 PM
But, if it looks like staying fine, K's going to work on the car -

err ?? :uhoh: you seem to be missing the point of VR4 ownership here !! :vulcan:

If it's fine, then you should be out with fellow members enjoying track days. If it's inclement weather /Brolly .... then K should be in the garage.... tinkering !! :guitarist

Alex
02-09-2006, 11:46 PM
err ?? :uhoh: you seem to be missing the point of VR4 ownership here !! :vulcan:

If it's fine, then you should be out with fellow members enjoying track days. If it's inclement weather /Brolly .... then K should be in the garage.... tinkering !! :guitarist

Derek, I could not agree with you more....

Kieran should be IN HIS GARAGE tinkering with his car, but..... Oh no, hang on, he can't do that because you can't get in there for car numbers 2 and 3. Which means he can only work on Ariadne on the drive :smash: /duh

Evidently, we're just going to have to get a garage door fitted to the house!

Kieran
03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm just going to pretend I'm not here right now.....:inquisiti :embarasse

Physician
03-09-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm just going to pretend I'm not here right now.....:inquisiti :embarasse

Do you guys talk to each other at home - or just via this forum? :sad3: lol

psbarham
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
does that mean you still have goldie kicking about then?/Hmmm /Hmmm

Alex
03-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Do you guys talk to each other at home - or just via this forum? :sad3: lol

Yes - but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or by prior arrangement! :evilgrin:

Alex
03-09-2006, 02:32 PM
does that mean you still have goldie kicking about then?/Hmmm /Hmmm

And PapPap :rolleyes4

It's a hard life, looking after my husband and his four cars.....

psbarham
03-09-2006, 02:38 PM
i thought he was scrapping it ?

Spirit
03-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Spoke to D earlier, sounds like you all had a good day and there was some "eventful" things happening......can't wait to see the pix/video footage !

richy rich
03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
just got back had a very good day thanks to all that came.

first prob was with simmons oil catch can a bit of playing and some cable ties sorted it.

next was criss's 7g burst a coolant pipe and made him spin no damage done but end of track time for him. he did bring it on a trailer so no prob with getting home.

next was jimbo's car over heating still a bit of a mystery.

then Simon came in thinking a wheel bearing had gone but all it was was a build up of marbles on 1 tyre.

Physician
03-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I didn't realise it was Chris, but was watching from a high position overlooking Craner Curves when I noticed a car blow some smoke out of the back.

Instantly, the car behind (which I did recognise as Simon) dropped back a good 4/5 cars length. Sure enough, on the Old Hairpin, Chris's car spun safely onto the inside grass verge.

Excellent driving by Simon to anticipate that potential danger. :happy:

richy rich
03-09-2006, 06:27 PM
also luck for both that it wasn't oil spin spin spin

Jimbo
03-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Excellent driving by Simon to anticipate that potential danger. :happy:

Absolute rubbish, he was only concerned about getting (what he thought was) oil all over his shiny car LOL No, I'm kidding ;) Thank goodness Chris' problem was just water....as with Nick at JF we thought his engine was a gonner.

Good to see you all today. Wish my car was working properly...I was so fed up today I even uttered the words.....no I daren't repeat them on here, it's just not right (it was to do with buying something, and something with gold wheels....it's ok, I feel better now).

richy rich
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Derick showing every body what he is thinking of buying next

richy rich
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
the green1
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=NISSAN&model=SKYLINE&min_pr=6000&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=st10+1ht&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

richy rich
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
a few more

richy rich
03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
and the last 1's

Lillywotsername
03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
A good time was had by all.... Well except Jessica ( our small female child) who complained the whole day... I knew there was a reason that I normally leave her at home/haz
Lovely to see the usual suspects and some newer faces.... Rich hasn't posted the beautiful pic I got of Heath, but thats another story... He He.

Thanks to Jimbo for letting me ride in his suicide seat for his last session.

The weather held off for us which was great, the sun shone most of the day and was really quite warm:sunny:

Roll on JF2 now... 4 weeks to go and counting.

Alex
03-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Glad you all had such a good day. Sorry we were unable to join you, but K has at least got Ariadne mobile again /Poms /Poms /Poms

Hope to see you all at the next meet!

HJM
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Back home and food downed - we are both very tired (and I managed to get sunburnt too!) but really glad we made the effort, as it was a fantastic day :2thumbsup

Good to see you all again and big thanks to Jimbo for joining us last night at the hotel - 'twas a laugh as always /thankyou

Unsurprisingly, I took lots of pictures but I think you will have to wait for tomorrow to see them :sleeping:

As has already been said - roll on JFII /Banana

SGHOM
03-09-2006, 09:23 PM
it was a fantastic day :2thumbsup

totally agree Jane :guitarist /grouphug an impromptu meet at short notice, but once again, club VR4 proves itself to be the best club.... bar none !! /thankyou :sweethear

WildCards
03-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Nuts, been laboring on the parents garden all weekend and missed out on all this, apologies. I am now a couple of hundred quid the richer though. Indeed, roll on JF2, I can't wait.

HJM
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
A few pics - I will add a link later in the week to the rest :2thumbsup

Kieran
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
You ought to sell the shot of that Rover Jane - what a stunning picture!:2thumbsup

HJM
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
more ..........

Spirit
03-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Excellent pics Jane ! :thumbsup:

Agree with K, stunning pic of the Rover

Kieran
03-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Bloody hell, who's that nutter in the Skyline?!?! /Devil5

Brunty
03-09-2006, 10:50 PM
totally agree Jane :guitarist /grouphug an impromptu meet at short notice, but once again, club VR4 proves itself to be the best club.... bar none !! /thankyou :sweethear

Yeah, thanks for the invite Derek - would have loved to attended but I start with my new employer on Friday and had too much to do (still doing some of it) before I next attend their offices in Londres tomorrow.

Great photos Jane.

HJM
03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks Guys - last few, as my connection is playing up :smash:

The Rover pic is one of a sequence and I spoke to the guy afterwards and have his email address, so he will get the pics (free, of course :))

He buried the car so deep into the gravel that he punctured both front tyres - in true track day style though, a few phone calls and he had new ones for the afternoon!

bernmc
04-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Heh! That one with the beamer facing the wrong way.... only a lap earlier Rich (physician) had commented on wot a bad driver he was!

How do you spin on a straight????

HJM
04-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Heh! That one with the beamer facing the wrong way.... only a lap earlier Rich (physician) had commented on wot a bad driver he was!

How do you spin on a straight????

He was a complete idiot! He had already come off at the old hairpin earlier in the day. He got himself on the grass in the pit straight (not the pit lane, as I told Jimbo :oops: ), managed to get back on tarmac and then somehow got back on the grass, before spinning across the track and forcing the caterthingy to come to a complete stop to avoid the collision - I think that was the caterjobby that later had his windscreen shattered by a stone thrown up by a radical, so he has an eventful day!!

The numpty in the BMW then came round the same corner in his next session too wide and nearly did the same thing :smash:

Simon
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
It was a great day! Cheers to Richy Rich for his help and tissue! A great day (with events!) as usual :guitarist ....expect nothing else now /Banana

Good to meet up with everyone. As already said, it was a large meet of people up really.........and the weather was great with rain starting at 5pm when it all finished.

Thanks for the kind words from Physician, Heath was in car with me and couldnt help but notice problem and dropped back with hazards on........an alfa behind still thought of coming around us! /pan Glad that the problem isnt terminal and hope that its a quick fix for you Chris

Cheers again to everyone there.................

PS. Castle Combe is my "first love"............but might have to have a fling with "Donnington"! :lipseal

The Vee
04-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Looks like a great day. enjoyed the write up and as always pictures top stuff J

K9NG
04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Looks like fun was had by all :2thumbsup
Counting down the weeks to JF2
hopefully will have my car back by then /Hissy

Great pics as usual Jane /Camera

Physician
04-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, I must say ..............

Why would anyone employ or pay a professional photographer for track shots?

We are so lucky to have Jane record our antics.

HJM
04-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I must say ..............

Why would anyone employ or pay a professional photographer for track shots?

We are so lucky to have Jane record our antics.

Aw, thanks Rich for your kind comments :kiss:

And thanks to everyone else too./grouphug

I still have plenty to learn but I really enjoy doing it so its no effort for me - and I enjoy it all the more if I know someone out there :2thumbsup

Can't wait to try and do you all justice at JFII (now I have had a sneaky practise :))

J

richy rich
04-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I still have plenty to learn but I really enjoy doing it so its no effort for me - and I enjoy it all the more if I know someone out there :2thumbsup

J
Thats not what you were saying yesterday Jane....

Mind you that lense of your sisters was a huge beast and weighed a tonne. cant blame you for grumbling a little about heaving that thing about all day.

All worth it though babes... Pics were great as always.:2thumbsup

L (oops forgot to log out)

HJM
04-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Thats not what you were saying yesterday Jane....

/haz yes, the 50-500mm lens was a bit much to be carting about tbh - I shall never complain at my little 70-300 being heavy again!!

SGHOM
04-09-2006, 06:41 PM
just my 2 penneth of pics !! ;)

great day.. great company.. great weather !! :D

A big thankyou to Janet for supplying excellent food for the hungry massess :D and..as always..superb pics from Jane! /Camera2 /Camera2

It's easy to see why Simon enjoyed the experience of Donington, It really is a great circuit.. made even better with the inclusion of the melbourne loop ! /Steeringw /Steeringw

Roll on JF11 ! ;)

HJM
04-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Good 'people' pics there Derek :2thumbsup - nice silver car in the background /Wyhy

H

barnard
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Took 2 hours to get the offending article off the car. How annoying that this thing caused the loss of half a trackday. Poor picture due to phone camera. Split HOSE not NOSE

barnard
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
It was a great day! Cheers to Richy Rich for his help and tissue! A great day (with events!) as usual :guitarist ....expect nothing else now /Banana

Good to meet up with everyone. As already said, it was a large meet of people up really.........and the weather was great with rain starting at 5pm when it all finished.

Thanks for the kind words from Physician, Heath was in car with me and couldnt help but notice problem and dropped back with hazards on........an alfa behind still thought of coming around us! /pan Glad that the problem isnt terminal and hope that its a quick fix for you Chris

Cheers again to everyone there.................

PS. Castle Combe is my "first love"............but might have to have a fling with "Donnington"! :lipseal
It will be a cheap fix but not a quick one, Simon, it is so awkward to get at. Had a great time before it blew though. The front of your car would not have frozen up on the way home. A good day out is always made better by being with good company-thanks everybody.

SGHOM
05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
The 'pic' of the bunch for me so far is this one. /Devil5 taken from the old hairpin, looking up the craner curves. trust me..... they are steeper than they look.... arn't they Simon !! :dizzy2:
the rover, & quite a few others ended up in the gravel trap at the bottom !! :d

HJM
05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
The 'pic' of the bunch for me so far is this one. /Devil5 taken from the old hairpin, looking up the craner curves. trust me..... they are steeper than they look.... arn't they Simon !! :dizzy2:
the rover, & quite a few others ended up in the gravel trap at the bottom !! :d

Thats the pic I want to take at JFII with 20 VR4's coming down it!!

SGHOM
05-09-2006, 04:25 PM

20 VR4's and a saaaab ?? :laugh: :laugh: It can be arranged !! :deal2:

Physician
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM

Yea!!! Side by side at 80 mph ..........:undecided

HJM
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
/haz

Actually, it will be more like 18 VR4's, a skyline, an unknown Jap car, another unknown Jap car, a lancer or a mazda, a peugeot 306 and a Saaaaab :laugh:

bernmc
05-09-2006, 08:06 PM
We enjoyed our brief visit - trying to keep the track day bug alive in the wife!

Struggled to get everyone going in the morning, so got there late, and still had things to do :(

Nice to see everyone though. Must find a cheap track car now....

HJM
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Finally managed to upload all the pics HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/1851448/1/92858715)- they are full size, so if you want 'em, take 'em :2thumbsup

barnard
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
http://media.putfile.com/simon2-44

Simon drifting at melbourne loop! Not amazing quality but viewable.

richy rich
09-09-2006, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup: