PDA

View Full Version : AYC fault code 83.

Nick Mann
03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Anyone know what the AYC fault codes mean? I used to have a code 82 - the red ayc light would go out on start up, but quickly re-illuminate when I drove away. This code has been solved by a new pressure switch, plus the ayc worked!

Yesterday the ayc light came on again. First time for ages! I pulled over, turned the car off and back on again, but the red ayc light no longer even goes out at start up. I have just checked the diagnostic codes and I now have a code 83. Can anyone tell me what that code means? It can't be a pressure problem, as that is surely covered with code 82?

/help

richy rich
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
nick look in front of the battery on the wing is a small black box witch is cable conections check this is fitted properly and also on the other side.

Nick Mann
03-09-2006, 09:32 PM
You mean where the AYC fuse is? Checked the fuse (60A!) itself, which is ok. I haven't checked underneath the fusebox for the connections, though.

Brunty
03-09-2006, 10:52 PM
As you might imagine I can't offer any advice - suffice to say hope you get it sorted with the minimum expense, if you need another pair of hands just give me a call.

Steve

richy rich
04-09-2006, 07:39 AM
You mean where the AYC fuse is? Checked the fuse (60A!) itself, which is ok. I haven't checked underneath the fusebox for the connections, though.
check the connections we did work on vampjs car and the ayc red light came on and all it turned out to be was a lose conection.

AderC
22-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I just came across this Evo buyer's guide (http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/articles/evobuyersguide/buyers_v3.1.pdf) on the Lancer register, while searching for AYC fault codes. There's a list of AYC fault codes on page 49, and I would assume that the codes for the VR-4 are the same as for the Evo IV/V/VI?

aDe

RogerRally
05-12-2006, 10:57 PM
The crimp terminals on the back of the new adjustable switch I fitted arent as good as the moulded one originaly supplied, might be worth cleaning, recrimping or soldering.
Malc now supplies me with rubber boots, for keeping dirt away from back of switch, if that helps.
Rog

Nick Mann
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
You must be a lucky omen, Roger! The light went off this morning, with me enjoying AYC bars on the way to work. (Much to the disgust of my passengers!) When I get time, I'll check those connections. I think it must be a wiring issue as the problem comes and goes regularly!

pezza
06-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Good stuff Nick, I had the same red light come on once or twice two weeks ago
but its gone now :thinking: I will try and check out to see what code 82 means.

How many bars do you get on that tight long left bend leaving M23 for redditch? mph? :afro:

Nick Mann
06-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Check 83, Pezz, 82 is the switch! I guess you mean the M42? Three lights on the way home. Followed by expletives from Vicky!!

pezza
07-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Check 83, Pezz, 82 is the switch! I guess you mean the M42? Three lights on the way home. Followed by expletives from Vicky!!

Yup I meant the M42 (I always make that mistake /pan) .. 3 bars??? what kinda speed is that?? :inquisiti

I will check 83.... Hopefully get an answer in a a short while..

Cheers

AderC
15-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Just stumbled across this - workshop manual for the Evo IV & V AYC system (http://www.cannell2.co.uk/manuals/Mitsubishi_Workshop_Manuals/E4-5/wsm/G27.pdf)

A LOT more detail on AYC fault diagnosis.

aDe

Nick Mann
15-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Good find, that man! :thumbsup:

I will download that baby for sure.

pezza
16-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Excellent find there.....

Great info and explanation of those codes .. :oops:

MPBVr4
16-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Interesting info. I note the hydraulic pump. when in spec, will produce 10 - 16 Bar. It's no wonder we get red AYC lights showing, when the switches I tested were set at about 10.5 Bar and 17 Bar. Switch not tripping at the top end. Mitsi will tell you "you need a new pump" ........./Grrr

AderC
16-05-2007, 12:21 PM
You can browse the full Evo IV Workshop manual and Tech Info manual here (http://www.cannell2.co.uk/manuals/Mitsubishi_Workshop_Manuals/E4-5/). Not all relevant to us obviously, but there's so many bits shared between the VR-4 and Evo IV there's quite a lot of useful stuff.

aDe