PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Motors

Subaru ETA
05-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Anyone noticed how Auckland Motors Grey Lynn is gone? have thy moved? coz that meams bye bye to club discount! :(

mpau009
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Anyone noticed how Auckland Motors Grey Lynn is gone? have thy moved? coz that meams bye bye to club discount! :(

They moved to lincoln road in henderson, the old kirk motors mitsibishi site. The discount still applies as far as i know but it might pay for someone to check.:inquisiti

KiwiTT
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I understand the Grey Lynn Service Manager has moved out to their West Auckland office, so if you want it serviced there, speak to the service manager and say you are with ClubVR4.

jaimz
05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey dudes,
Yeah, I had my car serviced there on Monday. Discount still applies, but the service manager seems to have changed.

As an aside, I asked what kind of oil they used.. and the dude couldn't tell me but said they always use a lifter additive. I said I'd prefer a high grade oil and no additive, but they wouldn't be convinced. Not sure I'm entirely happy about that... :sad3: Oh well...

KiwiTT
06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
The lifter additive was also recommended to me. I think it helps lash adjuster noise. But I always insist on Mobil 1 and no additive. and the noise goes after 10 minutes anyhow.

jaimz
06-09-2006, 03:38 AM
They couldn't tell me anything about the oil, except that it was semi-synthetic, and was right for the car.
It's just I wasn't totally happy with the last oil they put in. Tappets started getting noisy around 3500k... I want something to last me the whole 5000k. :2thumbsup

You See
06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
They use that MSL stuff and probably Pro-ma, tho if it's only lasting 3500ks I wouldn't be too sure on that....I use Magnetic with Pro-ma and that tends to last me a good 5000ks. :-) ...got a good deal on that stuff! wink wink

bradc
06-09-2006, 09:42 AM
It may be because your car is a 2001 model and Jaimz is a 98, maybe it is just because your's is newer and a facelift (which is better :P)

Subaru ETA
06-09-2006, 09:50 AM
sweet im a mechanic so i dont want to use them for servicing but my clutch i aint touching that at home on axle stands!!!
i use magnatec and no aditive and i have never had noisy lifters on any of my mitsis! i honestly think that magnatec is the way to go. every other mitsi i have used it in it has woked quite well

Xeroid
06-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Our Magic Mobile Mech Mark uses Magnatec ( try saying that fast !! ), no additive. Occaisonally get a wee bit of lifter noise, mainly when it's really cold. He works for Auckland Motors and is now based out of Henderson.

I would have thought that they would use Magnatec if you told them that's what you wanted. Probably make more margin on their own oil and the additive but you're the customer, you tell them what you want.