PDA

View Full Version : recaros into legnum

Strmike
06-09-2006, 11:08 AM
hey does any one know how hard it would be to put some say evo 3 or 4 recaros into a legnum?? or has any one done something similar?? just wondering like would rails match up or how much modification would be needed?? do legnum seats have air bag sensors??

cheers

bradc
06-09-2006, 11:14 AM
My Legnum came with Recaro's standard. I know that you can't put the Recaro's that my car has into a car without them unless you change the seat rails to the Recaro ones. My guess would be that to get EVO recaro's into your car you would need to get some custom rails made up.

Xeroid
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
I've got Recaros too but factory fitted in the Legnum, don't know if the rails differ from normal seats. Should compare with the wifes VR4, she has normal seats in leather.

Nick Mann
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I think brad is right in his summary. To expand further, I have heard but cannot confirm that almost every recaro seat will fit on recaro rails for the Galant/Legnum. The big problem is that the Recaro rails are a tad expensive!

I am 99% certain that Evo seats will not fit our cars without modifications/new rails.

ariddell
06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually - certainly with my Evo 8 seats at least they don't fit onto the Recaro rails for the VR4 - the mounting bolts from seat sliders to the Recaro baseplate are in different places - and the sliders supplied with the baseplate will not fit the seats either because again the bolts are in different locations...

Get the Recaro rails if you are fitting standard off the shelf retail Recaro seats but they are not guaranteed to work if the seats are ones that Recaro manufactured to a makers specs as opposed to their own such as the Evo ones.

Considering the fitting kit cost me £270 and were custom ordered and therefore non-refundable - i would say just get the seats hacked, welded and bolted in rather than trying to do it with the official bits.

Munta
06-09-2006, 08:26 PM
yes it can be done. i have fitted recaro's to the standard legnum rails. i got my recaro's out of a typeR and fitted them myself. its a bit of work and you have to trash the standard seats to do it but can be done.

bradc
06-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Munta, do they slide back and forwards?

Munta
06-09-2006, 09:28 PM
yep they sure do, very sturdy, can shake the whole car hold onto the seat only, flew thru wof at on road as well

OSiRiS
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Done it to mine.

Evo 6.5 Recaro seats onto the rails that had Legnum Recaro seats from factory.

bradc
07-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Because you'd be the best one to ask Osiris, what other Recaro's are available that come in that red trim? As you know I've got a red interior with red Recaro's.

OSiRiS
07-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Because you'd be the best one to ask Osiris, what other Recaro's are available that come in that red trim? As you know I've got a red interior with red Recaro's.

In that style, Evo 5 are silver, Evo 6 are blue. Evo 6.5 are the only ones that come in red like that. Evo 7, 8 and 9 are black and blue.

Otherwise Integra Type R seats such as Munta's.

Evo 6.5 are a rarity as they are.

An option might be to change to the blue theme of interior door cards etc. and track down a set of Evo 6 seats.