PDA

View Full Version : FS: vr4 legnum

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 01:21 AM
is this a vr4 legnum? why looks different to the other? especially the light!
can any expert explain it to me please? thanks a lot!

bradc
07-09-2006, 01:28 AM
That particular one is a facelift car with a prefacelift arse on it. I think it would have been in a severe rear end collision, don't buy it!

ritch_w
07-09-2006, 08:10 AM
there has been a lengthy discussion on this car already, u should find it with the search button, and i beleive someone had a look at it to.

its probably not worth £3k and possibly best used as breaker.....

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 09:07 AM
so it's not vr4 then or different model?
why it's different and not even worth 3k? how to find out?

many thanks.

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 09:10 AM
so how do find out is it a facelift or prefacelift arse? what is the different to the others?

ritch_w
07-09-2006, 09:30 AM
search is your friend;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17325&highlight=ebay+legnum

and here;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18242&highlight=damage

draw your own conclusions!

Nutter_John
07-09-2006, 09:31 AM
search is your friend;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17325&highlight=ebay+legnum

Well said that man ;)

Nick Mann
07-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a facelift Legnum. Look in my gallery and you will see what the back of that car looked like when it left the factory.

bradc
07-09-2006, 09:51 AM
jester, it is a vr-4 but it has been crashed. If you click on my username then on gallery you'll see a fine example of a facelift legnum (a finer example than Nick's :P) :)

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 09:53 AM
thanks bro, i know it's been damaged and just wondering why it's different to the other at the back.

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 09:58 AM
thanks man. i've look on ur car. it was really nice and cool. well, i saw the different but why it's different? is it an old model or different type?

and also, what is type s mean? something different or versions?

many thanks!

jester, it is a vr-4 but it has been crashed. If you click on my username then on gallery you'll see a fine example of a facelift legnum (a finer example than Nick's :P) :)

bradc
07-09-2006, 10:03 AM
If you look at ghanda's car you will see he has the same rear prefacelift end. They made them with those lights from August 96 to August 98, then with the style of my car from September 98 to about April 2002.

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 10:07 AM
oh i see. so it was made by 96-98. but import in 2000. how much do you think this car worth? does it worth to repair it as it cost a lot of money for this car. any comments?

thanks for your comments!

bradc
07-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Not quite. That car was a facelift originally but we all beleive it was rear ended quite badly at some point in it's life. Because facelift rear ends are more difficult to get hold of, a prefacelift end was put onto the back of the car.

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 10:51 AM
im sorry.i've limited knowledge of the legnum so what is facelift rear end and what do you mean by prefacelift too?

do u mean the owner change the back or something else? Hope you dont mind to explain it to me. thanks

Alex
07-09-2006, 10:54 AM
In 1998, Mitsubishi lauched a new body shape legnum - with various changes, including the rear end. If you do a search I am sure you will find a detailed explanation of the changes.

It's just like if you look at something like a ford fiesta today, and compare it with one that's 10 years old - the shape is totally different. Same thing.

Mitsubishi just wanted to update the shape.

Hope this helps :)

ritch_w
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
its all in the threads i posted up - did u not read them?

anyway heres the brief version;
Its a 99 facelift ralliart car - it has previously been rear ended (CAT D) and was fitted with a UK / Prefacelift rear end - thats why its incorrect and caused confusion.

with the front end damage, the general untidyness of paint work etc and no documentation to backup any history or the claimed low mileage its not really worth the £3K and will cost more to repair to a acceptable standard and get the engine / trans serviced, as repaired it'll never be worth more than £4K

its probably worth £1500 - £2K for someone to repair or some to break for parts....

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
so it's old version right. i thought so. so how much does it worth for this version now? and what is the price for the 98 onward now?

thanks

ritch_w
07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
so it's old version right. i thought so. so how much does it worth for this version now? and what is the price for the 98 onward now?

thanks

no - its a 99 facelift version - but has been repaired with the rear end of the old version. which is one of the reasons why people here have been very suspicious of the car....

to be blunt its worth nothing as a repairable and more for breaking - but the owner will not sell it for its true value.

stay clear of it - buy a good one from a club member - speak to Mo (Zedy1)

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
thanks for your advise and it's really helpful.

cheers man