PDA

View Full Version : Galants with TV / GPS (unconfigured)

roy5
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi
I hav heard that galants with tv/gps that are unconfigured, cant be fixed in countires like nz. does anyone know if the car has video input, if so where, like can i plug in a dvd player to it, and also if its ntsc, is there ANY way at all to plug pal into it? Thank you

bradc
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
In my Legnum the TV Tuner is on the right side of the boot at the back of the car, it has a video and sound input, unfortunately in ntsc only. If you click on my name then gallery you'll see I've got a DVD player working on it :)

Nick Mann
08-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Search this site for MMCS. You'll have plenty of info about it.

roy5
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi guys, thanks for your help
Just wondernig if you guys are having any trouble with the links on this page, says i dont have enough privalges to read the guides about MMCS . ... http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18496 .. do i have to be a paid member of Club VR4?

also, so if i just get an ntsc and pal dvd player, ( i guess it means its two modes, do these exist, like do you just switch them with a remote or something), it'll be fine, and the dvd video will work fine ?

seeing as you are in nz bradc, would you please be able to tell me where you got an ntsc dvd player from, arent they mainly pal here in nz ? And is ther any gps compatible? Thanks

Thanks so much guys again ! much appreciated

Nick Mann
08-09-2006, 02:07 PM
The articles are in the members section. That particular link is a guide to changing the unit, which will not necesarily answer your questions. Carry on searching - there is a lot of MMCS info on this site that will help you!

Good luck!

Funkstar
08-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I believe Brad has got himself as portable dvd player with inbuilt screen, one of the types you take with you on long journeys to keep the kids quiet. But has linked that into his MMCS unit.
But they benefit of his, is that it is swichable between pal and ntsc which makes it easier to link into our systems.

roy5
08-09-2006, 02:38 PM
cool thanks, so will EVERY Galant (Like vrg 1997) have a input box somewhere? to be honest with you all, im actually thinking of buying a Galant tommorow and just need some advice, thanks again

also is it true that xbox can be run as a pc, and run on ntsc, and then connected to a tv tuner? Thank you

Funkstar
08-09-2006, 03:12 PM
cool thanks, so will EVERY Galant (Like vrg 1997) have a input box somewhere?

No, you will need to specify that you are looking for a Galant with the MMCS system. The whole systems were made to order I believe.

Take mine for example, built in Japan, has the MMCS feature but no TV tuner in the boot and no cd changer. Which means the main use for the MMCS system in my car is just to run the touch screen aircon and nothing more. Obviously when the Jap person ordered my car, this was all he specified.

bradc
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I work for a computer shop and we sell them, they are about $240 + gst for a unit with a built in 7" screen that has the outputs you need as well as the ability to switch between ntsc and pal.

Funkstar is correct about not all cars coming with the tv tuner, but I beleive that is due to either Japanese owners or Importers ripping them out, all documentation I've seen lists MMCS as one option, without optional parts to be added like the 10 stack cd player or the tv tuner.

roy5
09-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Ok Guys, Thanks so much, so would you say as long as the box is there (like in the boot), it would definitely be possible to work something out ? (i think thats the box in the boot - pic of the car :
http://www.laveesh.net/other/boot.JPG

also funkstar, are you not able to connect anything to yours, is that caus theres no box at the back?

thing is, im keen on getting a car where this can be set up, so i just want to know what exactly to look for, is the back box enough (or is that a cd stacer, eh, thanks)

Funkstar
09-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok Guys, Thanks so much, so would you say as long as the box is there (like in the boot), it would definitely be possible to work something out ? (i think thats the box in the boot - pic of the car :
http://www.laveesh.net/other/boot.JPG

also funkstar, are you not able to connect anything to yours, is that caus theres no box at the back?

thing is, im keen on getting a car where this can be set up, so i just want to know what exactly to look for, is the back box enough (or is that a cd stacer, eh, thanks)

I believe That box in the pic is your satnav unit. I also have that one in my boot. I think the tv tuner should sit to the right of that. Not 100% sure as I dont have one myself. Brad should be able to clear that up.

And yes, the reason I can't connect anything to mine is that I dont have the tuner. I have ripped out my centre console before and there are no other connectors available to wire or plug anything into the rear of the tv/monitor.

Also, a cd stacker should be under the passenger or drivers seat if you have one of those

bradc
09-09-2006, 11:35 AM
My Leggy is a bit different. It has the satnav unit under the left boot floor compartment, the cd stacker to the left of that again on the side of the boot, and the tv tuner on the right side.