PDA

View Full Version : Engine Calculator ver.1,2

valmes
08-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I had it somewhere, but can't remember where, so... here it is, new and improved for those who need it sometimes. ;)

Now it can also calculate ET, MPH and 0-60 mph... along other values. ;)

Engine Calculator ver.1,2 (http://four.fsphost.com/valmes/ecv1_2.htm)

Kieran
08-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Brilliant stuff!:guitarist :guitarist

Have some reputation!:)

bradc
08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Car Test 2000 is still my fave though :)

valmes
09-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Yes car test is good, in fact it is probably the best out there...

... but you can't relate different boost settings, fuel requirements, cooling, turbo and intercooler efficiencies, fuel pump and injector sizes, air mass and flow - to HP or ET/MPH,0-60MPH, can you? You simply skip that part in Cartest and enter HP and TQ to get other values.

This little program is here to help you understand what's behind the BHP in a turbo car. If you can read compressor flow charts than it can help you out with turbo sizing. You can see what fuel pump will work for what boost/injectors/fuel pressure combo etc. Even minimum piping diameter is calculated...

So even if CarTest is good, this thing is just different.

Never mind... I did it for myself, using original engine calculator from “bulletproof performance” as a starting point, to save on time while calculating different values. Again, I am not even close to a programmer. I am sure if I had experience with html/java I could've put a lot more into it, but for now it is what it is - a simple effort which is evolving when I have time to add something interesting to it...