PDA

View Full Version : Cracking day out ?

SGHOM
10-09-2006, 10:04 AM
www.see-red.uk.com

This event is on the w/e 23-24th Sept. And what a cracking weekend it will be.
A few of us went last year & thoroughly enjoyed it. All the classic Italian race cars from years gone by, tearing around Donington in full-on contact racing !! A sight to behold I can tell ya !! :2thumbsup
Bikes also………. From the 1920’s up to present day. Group ‘B’ “ le-mans” cars, you name ‘em, & they will be on the track !!

I highly recommend taking a bit of time out to come along & enjoy. I will be there…………. Definitely ! /Steeringw /Steeringw

HJM
10-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Would love to go to this but work and the fact we are there the following week make it a non starter, I am afraid.

It looks like a great event.

Someone get some pictures /Camera

J :)

SGHOM
18-09-2006, 08:34 PM
just me then ?? on me own ....... billy no mates ? :sad3: :zzz: :zzz:

psbarham
18-09-2006, 08:35 PM
oh feck i forgot all about that , its a good job i didn't get any advance tickets this year , was it any good there this year?

SGHOM
18-09-2006, 08:45 PM
was it any good there this year?

It's this coming sunday Paul.................................. try & keep up, there's a good chap !! :D :D

psbarham
18-09-2006, 09:05 PM
It's this coming sunday Paul.................................. try & keep up, there's a good chap !! :D :D
who how what when where , bollox i'm going out this weekend ,:bigcry:

Spirit
24-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Got a call from Wouter earlier, sounded like he and Derek were having a good time ! Full report later no doubt.

SGHOM
24-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Another fantastic day at Donington’s SEE RED !!

So much beautiful metal on show….. & such a cr@p camera to take piccies with !! 10 pics was all I got & there was so much to see !! /Hissy /Hissy

The race with 26 ex F1 cars on the grid was a sight & sound to behold !! Awesome !
The eventual winner was Nelson Piquets Parmalat Brabham……… lapping at 65 secs per lap…… on a 1.937 mile circuit, that’s almost an 120 mph average ! :D

One of the JPS specials span on the chicane at the end of hanger straight, & he just got out & left it !! The marshals were flagging furiously as the rest of the pack were bearing down at 180 mph !! :thinking: :end:

A few tacky pics…… sorry Jane.

1] err ?? how much is this worth ??
2] these guys were really gunning it down the craner curves, the little on in the pic was sideways almost all the way down !!
3] now THAT’S a manifold !!
4] mmmm…. Tasty !
5] All the cars you see, were on the track… but the victor has his laurels.

SGHOM
24-09-2006, 08:01 PM
A few more for you delectation ! :pimp2:

1] AC cobra 287 anyone ?? :afro: with a Maserati in the background.
2] Piquets Brabham
3] Lauda's 1990's ride.......... the guy driving it span twice !! /pan
4] a couple of Ferrari's
5] A few more ferraris !! :zzz:

psbarham
24-09-2006, 08:14 PM
One of the JPS specials span on the chicane at the end of hanger straight.
good day then D ? really pee'd off i couldn't get there , had family over for the weekend
hanger straight? at donny ?you mean the foggy esses at the end of the dunlop straight /pan

SGHOM
24-09-2006, 08:30 PM
hanger straight? at donny ?you mean the foggy esses at the end of the dunlop straight /pan

I knew what I meant. :uhoh: not the foggarty esses, the dont come into it on the national circuit. goddards. :guitarist or is it gozzards !! :o :givemebee

Physician
24-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh, nice blue AC :d

BraindG
25-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the invite /Hmmm /grr

Wouter
25-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Carmel and I were there as well, it was pretty cool, but not nearly as good as last year!