PDA

View Full Version : Digital Clock repairing - update

MGV6
10-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok so I tried to repair the digital clock last night. Problem I found is that the thing just won't come off. I didn't force it too much as I has this fear of breaking the clock and dashboard. I did try hard, it just doenst come off. I dont understand why mitsubishi made it so complicated to remove clock.

So, yeah, it a bugger for sure and I don't know what to do now. If it breaks, it gonna cost £150 plus VAT from Mitsui.

Other problem...........

Elecric window on passenger side is playing up. I press the switch windows goes done and when clsoing it, it won't. It just automatically opens again. It keeps doing this. Any suggesstions? someoen told me years ago that there is a spray you can use to get rid of the dirt in the window sealers but not sure if they will do trick OR will I need to resoldier some *****ty wires again? :)

Axeboy
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
The clock takes a LOT of force..

I thought i was going to break it, but didnt.

richy rich
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
The clock takes a LOT of force..

I thought i was going to break it, but didnt.
yes a lot of force. not :smash: though

Kieran
10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I always find that I need the power of GreySkull to move the sodding clock! :embarasse

Don't be tempted to pry the clock out using a screwdriver or similar.... That's how you end up with a cracked fascia!:uhoh2: /duh

Lucas
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Don't be tempted to pry the clock out using a screwdriver or similar.... That's how you end up with a cracked fascia!:uhoh2: /duh

NAH!!! Before I joined CVR4 I got my own clock out using a screw driver. however I didn't use it on the FRONT! I got a stubby flat blade and wedged it in the small gap near the base of the windscreen and the back of the clock. While gently prising the back of it with the screwdriver (one side at a time) I prised the front corner up with my fingers being careful not to flex the plastic screen. Once the first side popped up a little I did the same on the other side and PRESTO! it came out.

I think the trick for me was to use a really thin blade so you can get it quite deep into the gap. That way you dont leave ugly marks and you can get better leverage.

I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BROKEN CLOCKS USING THIS TECHNIQUE :D

As for the window you will notice that if you apply enough downwards pressure whilst winding the window up it will stop and go back down about 10cm.
It has some sort of sensor that prevents childrens heads being chopped off accidently ;) I think the sensor may also know where the top most point of the window should be (ie where to stop it on the way up) Don't know where the sensor is exactly but you might need a new one or it may need its contacts cleaned or something.

Anyone else got any further information on this?

g6acb
11-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Does the window thing happen when you are moving or when the car is stationary???

I have an issue with the windows not shutting when lapping the M60 Ring - take a look at this thread for some views on it....

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13853&highlight=window

I tend to think my issue is related to pressure fooling the saftey mechanism - If i try to close the window and it opens itself I have found that if you open a window on the other side of the car to the same level and then shut them both at the same time everythings cool....

Kieran
11-09-2006, 01:37 AM
I tend to think my issue is related to pressure fooling the saftey mechanism

100% correct - Air pressure does fool the anti-trap mechanism - it's VERY sensitive.

My GLS was especially bad - above 50mph, you had to close the windows in stages!/duh

Spirit
11-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Yep I get that if doing above about 65-70mph on the motorway - then just open the sunroof on tilt and close window, then close sunroof......or slow down a little to do it.

White Lightning
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
My passenger front window does the same thing where it sometimes closes and then reopens about 10cm when stationary. At the moment I just retry it and usually on the 2nd or 3rd attempts it's ok. It's on the list of jobs to do but way down the priority list at the moment :)