PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

Kieran
05-11-2003, 09:56 PM
One of the most useful features fitted to my GLS is cruise control. Most UK cars have this fitted as standard.
I don't remember seeing it on the VR-4 though... Does anyone have it fitted, and can it be retro-fitted?:Ponder:

SGHOM
05-11-2003, 10:07 PM
dont think they are fitted to Vr4's Kieran. It's great in theory, & my pug had it, but for the cost of a retro fit, how often would you use it ?? It's not much use in a car park [ M1 .M18, M6, M40, etc !!! ] :D :D

zedy1
05-11-2003, 10:10 PM
dont think vr4 have it as standard

Kieran
05-11-2003, 10:13 PM
I use the cruise nearly all the time - It's one of the most useful car gizmos ever, IMO.

It's brilliant for keeping to the speed limit without keeping your face pressed against the speedo glass:D... Handy in Nottingham, with those *^£$&^£ SPECS cameras!

Nick VR4
05-11-2003, 10:24 PM
I have Cruise Control on my VR4 :D
Dont tend to use it that much to be honest :rolleyes:
Might use it on the Motorways ;)

Kieran
05-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Nick... I'm guessing that your VR4 is a UK Ralliart import?

KiwiTT
05-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
I use the cruise nearly all the time - It's one of the most useful car gizmos ever, IMO.

It's brilliant for keeping to the speed limit without keeping your face pressed against the speedo glass:D... Handy in Nottingham, with those *^£$&^£ SPECS cameras!

You don't really want to "cruise" do you ?!?!? It is thrilling to be over the speed limit sometimes, and the rush of adrenalinINSERT INTO post VALUES (sic) is really good at raising those endorfinINSERT INTO post VALUES (sic) levels. A natural high.

Mind you, my best feeling is going at the speed limit around corners, when the powers that be recommend you take it slower. Now that is a High you can only get from a VR-4.

SGHOM
05-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I totally agree M8 :D but I, from previous indiscretions, am s**t scared of upsetting Mr plod, 'cause one more altercation with my local constabulary, will mean a minmum 28 day ban, & a substantial hike in my insurance premium !!:nono: :nono:

zedy1
05-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by interlec
I totally agree M8 :D but I, from previous indiscretions, am s**t scared of upsetting Mr plod, 'cause one more altercation with my local constabulary, will mean a minmum 28 day ban, & a substantial hike in my insurance premium !!:nono: :nono:

how much ur paying for insurance anyway

SGHOM
05-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm with Osbourne & sons. £530 fully comp, which............... according to some of the posts I've seen on here, sounds a bit cheap. :Ponder: but I am 45 years old !!

zedy1
05-11-2003, 11:12 PM
:cool1: thats not bad with 12 points on licience

Nick VR4
05-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
Nick... I'm guessing that your VR4 is a UK Ralliart import?

Yeap Ralliart mate :D

zedy1
05-11-2003, 11:40 PM
probly cant get the key in the whole at night :D

Nick Mann
06-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Mine is also a ralliart, but I don't have cruise control. Maybe because I have the sports interior? Yours is leather isn't it Nick?

I had cruise control on the V6-24, and the only time I used it was on the motorway through speed camera sections when the traffic was light. INSERT INTO post VALUES (About four times in two and a half years I think!)

Don't worry about it too much, Kieran, as the last thing on your mind the day you get your VR4 will be 'what will I do without CC'!

Nick VR4
06-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Nick Mann
Mine is also a ralliart, but I don't have cruise control. Maybe because I have the sports interior? Yours is leather isn't it Nick?

Yeap all leather
I'm guessing but seems to me that when you buy it spanking new
You can decice what you want added extra or not ???:D

Nick Mann
06-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Have we done a 'Who bought theirs new?' thread? It would be interesting to see who managed to choose options. The only option I would like over what I have got is a sunroof. I would have probably gone for a trigger mauve estate INSERT INTO post VALUES (silver would have been second choice) with the sports interior. INSERT INTO post VALUES (The dogs claws don't get on with leather!) So I am well pleased with mine. The only other thing I would have enquired about is the gearbox. I still think I would prefer a manual, but the tiptronic is growing on me.

-LegnumVR4-
06-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
I have Cruise Control on my VR4 :D
Dont tend to use it that much to be honest :rolleyes:
Might use it on the Motorways ;)

Nick,

What your chassis number? Wouldn't mine finding out the part number for cruz control.