PDA

View Full Version : V6 Lower Arm???

Rikki
21-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Anyone know the part number on this? Its the off side lower arm (straight one), just it needs replaced on my car and apparently Mits have it on back order. and at a cost of £141?? Anyone help?

psbarham
21-09-2006, 08:39 PM
taa daa
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12296&highlight=suspension+parts

orionn2o
22-09-2006, 08:48 AM
although be careful if you're in a hurry for them, I ordered from these people 11 days ago and have had nothing..... apparently I should have them today...

we'll see ! :S

psbarham
22-09-2006, 05:17 PM
thats strange , mine only took a few days to turn up

Rikki
22-09-2006, 09:45 PM
hi guys.

yeah i read through that thread after i posted and got in touch with them. its a saving of £20 over mits so i left it with them, and they had no idea when i would get it. I managed to get mits to lower the cost by £20 as well, which i was impressed with. so hopefully i get the car back early next week - am stuck with a Honda Jazz now as a courtesy car haha

cheers again guys /GJ

Kieran
22-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Rikki - These lower arms you refer to are the one subject to recall. Has your VIN been checked to see if the recall has been performed?

Rikki
22-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Rikki - These lower arms you refer to are the one subject to recall. Has your VIN been checked to see if the recall has been performed?

well i followed the link on this to the jap one, and they got back saying it had all been done. i never bothered phoning mits after that...should i??

psbarham
22-09-2006, 09:59 PM
hi guys.

yeah i read through that thread after i posted and got in touch with them. its a saving of £20 over mits so i left it with them, eer no, the pair from germany are 20 quid cheaper than one from mitsu

Kieran
22-09-2006, 10:14 PM
well i followed the link on this to the jap one, and they got back saying it had all been done. i never bothered phoning mits after that...should i??

I would if I were you. The Japanese website doesn't contain the UK-Spec codes. At least I don't think it does.

Rikki
23-09-2006, 01:45 PM
eer no, the pair from germany are 20 quid cheaper than one from mitsu

yeah thats right. but excl. postage. so for all the difference it makes i stuck with Mits, and also got them to lower the cost by £20 so effectively i got them cheaper than the german ones. good deal me thinks! :D

ill phone Mits on Monday kieran, thanks for that

orionn2o
25-09-2006, 01:01 PM
My parts came today finally, only took 14 days and they sent it to the wrong address!

Luckily someone was in !

Rikki
09-10-2006, 01:30 PM
hi guys.

yeah i read through that thread after i posted and got in touch with them. its a saving of £20 over mits so i left it with them, and they had no idea when i would get it. I managed to get mits to lower the cost by £20 as well, which i was impressed with. so hopefully i get the car back early next week - am stuck with a Honda Jazz now as a courtesy car haha

cheers again guys /GJ

Ok well just thought I would update you so if anyone needs a new lower arm, order it sooner rather than later!

My car is still in the garage as the arm has not arrived, now 3 weeks since it went in. With any luck I get it back this week but Mitsubishi have put no date on when the part will arrive, so I am stcuk with sed Jazz for now :bigcry:

bernmc
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Camskill do them for around 80 quid mate. The ones from krautland cost under 80 EUROs delivered to your door - that's a lot less than Mit$i, but you should read the thread above in full if you ever consider them.

The reason the steelers can afford to drop their price is because they have such a huge markup in the first place - the camskill bits are OEM mitsi bits - so you could have had exactly the same part for 1/3 less than you paid with the price drop.

As gas is getting so expensive, could you send me some of your cash so I can burn it as well :D;):D

psbarham
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Camskill do them for around 80 quid mate. The ones from krautland cost under 80 EUROs delivered to your door - that's a lot less than Mit$i, but you should read the thread above in full if you ever consider them.

i'm gonna have a look at the ball joints on mine when i go to fit the poly bushes if they look ropey then i'll order 2 from camskill

Rikki
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM

The reason the steelers can afford to drop their price is because they have such a huge markup in the first place - the camskill bits are OEM mitsi bits - so you could have had exactly the same part for 1/3 less than you paid with the price drop.

As gas is getting so expensive, could you send me some of your cash so I can burn it as well :D;):D

Camskill do not do the part, only the VR4 ones (and i asked if they were the same). The german firm was my choice howeer there was only a £20 saving over Mits (cos I needed both parts) and to that end Mits reduced the cost by £20 to match it.

I just wish i would get the car back lol

psbarham
10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Camskill do not do the part, only the VR4 ones (and i asked if they were the same). The german firm was my choice howeer there was only a £20 saving over Mits (cos I needed both parts) and to that end Mits reduced the cost by £20 to match it.

I just wish i would get the car back lol
i don't know where you get your info from , where ever it is its wrong , the vr4 and v6 lower arms are the same , and the german ones are 20quid cheaper per pair than mitsu charge for one , less than half price each !!!!!!!!!!

Rikki
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
i don't know where you get your info from , where ever it is its wrong , the vr4 and v6 lower arms are the same , and the german ones are 20quid cheaper per pair than mitsu charge for one , less than half price each !!!!!!!!!!

Well i wasnt sure whether they were the same, but i did phone camskill about it and he said he didnt do the V6 ones /grr

As for the german parts, in total it worked out £20 cheaper. the part from Mits was £140, and the parts, both of from germany came in at £120. the Mits part is both sections of the arm. As far as i am aware the only difference was the £20, which Mits have discounted for me

bernmc
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Bit puzzled by this too - hope you're not in for a mitsusteely shock - When I asked my steeler, he said they charged £140 for EACH of the arms - so 280 for both lateral and compression arm.

If you're right about it being £140 (£120) for both, then main dealer price is not so bad.

Be sure to check whether both the arms have been replaced if you're only charged £120, and let us know the result.

Rikki
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Bit puzzled by this too - hope you're not in for a mitsusteely shock - When I asked my steeler, he said they charged £140 for EACH of the arms - so 280 for both lateral and compression arm.

If you're right about it being £140 (£120) for both, then main dealer price is not so bad.

Be sure to check whether both the arms have been replaced if you're only charged £120, and let us know the result.

Hmm... well i have just spoken to the keepers of my car lol, they have replaced the two sections of the arm. Although contrary to what I was told, its not the arm they are waiting on, its a gearbox casing! The arms are fitted and all i am waiting on before I can get the car back is the casing, and again Mits has no date on this :(

Ah well i will just need to wait :snore:

EDIT// Would you believe this casing is also on back order, and comes in at a healthy £522+VAT! So yet another wait. However, all my electrical problems have been pinned down to a bad earth (as previously thought) and they will repair that before I get the car back. Meh... what a car! lol

orionn2o
13-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I rang misty up the other day, he told me 140 quid for each arm (lateral * 2 and compression x 2) so thats a healthy 640 quid inc vat !

So i ordered from germany!

Rikki
18-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Well with any luck i get the car back today, new gearbox bearings, new gearbox casing, new lower arm and oil change. He said he would also fix my sidelights, brake lights, petrol guage and have a look at the AC and alarm. So with any luck the car will be mint :afro:

must admit it has been a while lol, 4 weeks and 2 days

ritch_w
18-10-2006, 03:37 PM
whats that lot going to cost ya?

u might have been cheaper buying a VR4!!!!

Rikki
18-10-2006, 03:41 PM
whats that lot going to cost ya?

u might have been cheaper buying a VR4!!!!

a lot of £££'s Ritch! but yeah i was thinking about saving the money but tis done now, i just hope the car is sound now. ill find out about 6 tonight

EDIT// Now got it back. Lets see lol, the list is big. But basically, all bearings in gearbox done, new case, new clutch, all the fluid was replaced/flushed, oil flushed n changed, brake fluid cleared out, new brake bulb (apprently it wasnt working cos the previous owner repleced it with the wrong bulb, which caused the earthing problem) and suspension arm done with all bushings and a few other bits n bobs that were needed. The sidelights still dont work, and the AC n Alarm werent looked at.

But am just glad to have it back lol