PDA

View Full Version : 2.5V6 Shocks

Funkstar
21-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question.

Do the standard shocks off the 2.5V6 fit on my VR4. Need some new un's quick sharpish but haven't enough funds to shell out on a fancy set just yet.

Been quoted £57.20 each from CES. Is that a fair price would you say?

The only problem is that the guy who quoted me said that if they didn't fit, there would be no return as it's a non stock item.

Cheers,

Deion.

Funkstar
22-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Can any of you guys help. I'm thinking they would probably be the same, but dont want to take a chance until I'm 100% sure.

Not to sure if they are different due to it being 4WD!! :vulcan:

ritch_w
22-09-2006, 02:49 PM
they will probably fit - but will be the wrong damping / compression rates etc

Funkstar
22-09-2006, 03:31 PM
they will probably fit - but will be the wrong damping / compression rates etc

Thanks Ritch. Excuse my ignorance, but what difference wil the wrong compression rates make. Is it just the ride height? If I am using the same springs will this make any difference.

Kieran
22-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I doubt it'll change the height, but you may find that the valving is softer on the 2WD shocks (less weight to control), so they might make the ride a bit 'squashy'. Still, if your standard shocks are knackered anyway.....

Funkstar
22-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I doubt it'll change the height, but you may find that the valving is softer on the 2WD shocks (less weight to control), so they might make the ride a bit 'squashy'. Still, if your standard shocks are knackered anyway.....

Cheers Kieran. Will probably give them a go as my standard shocks are knackered. Will just have to put up with the squishiness for a while.

Thanks for your replies guys. Much appreciated again.

Deion