PDA

View Full Version : PROS Engineering VR-4 - 303km/h and 400ps

vrfour
07-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Specs - http://www.diana.dti.ne.jp/~carplus/event/02sas/ec5a_spec/ec5a_spec.html

Pics - http://www.diana.dti.ne.jp/~carplus/event/02sas/02sas.html

Apologies if this has already been posted, but always worth a look!

http://www.diana.dti.ne.jp/~carplus/event/02sas/sas_15.jpg

enigma
07-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Mo and I will kick its ass!

:monkey2:

zedy1
08-11-2003, 01:56 AM
:lolz: coudnt read the sites cus its japenese will try tommorow

-LegnumVR4-
08-11-2003, 03:11 AM
Should be doing 12 sec 1/4 miles.

Oblivion
17-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Is 400ps really enough for 300km/h+?

Davezj
17-09-2012, 06:54 AM
One of the biggest threads from the dead!

Almost 12 years since someone posted in this thread. That has got to be some sort of record.

Subaru ETA
17-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I reckon more like 9 years......... :p

Nick Mann
17-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I reckon Dave's maths is a bit out on that one too. The 10 year party is next year!

And no I don't think that is enough power but the gearing is right which in itself is interesting.

lancerevo3
17-09-2012, 08:26 AM
12 years:uhoh:someone didnt have their coffee

Oblivion
17-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I reckon Dave's maths is a bit out on that one too. The 10 year party is next year!

And no I don't think that is enough power but the gearing is right which in itself is interesting.

Old threads still have a lot of information lying around in them! :)

I wonder if their top speed was 'estimated' rather than a tested figure....

Davezj
17-09-2012, 01:37 PM
yes i was a bit out on that one, i was a bit sleepy at that time.
i can't evern remember replying to it this morning, i thought i did it last night.
maybe i sould not stay up till 2.00am and then get up for work at about 6.30am. lol

MarkSanne
18-09-2012, 08:47 AM
I've had the VR2 (mind you... indeed, 250kg lighter and no loss on rear wheel drive shaft) up to just over 250km/h (GPS) and the throttle response was still good. I was getting a bit scared at that point so I took it back to more sensible speeds. The engine is stock, turbo's / pressure are stock, downpipe is stock, only thing different is de 2.5/2.75" dual exhaust form the downpipe (de-cat). I'm quite sure if I had big enough balls it would go upto 270km/h certainly. So would 120 more hp be enough to reach 300km/h on a true VR4? Not unlikely IMO.

Oblivion
18-09-2012, 09:28 AM
I've had the VR2 (mind you... indeed, 250kg lighter and no loss on rear wheel drive shaft) up to just over 250km/h (GPS) and the throttle response was still good. I was getting a bit scared at that point so I took it back to more sensible speeds. The engine is stock, turbo's / pressure are stock, downpipe is stock, only thing different is de 2.5/2.75" dual exhaust form the downpipe (de-cat). I'm quite sure if I had big enough balls it would go upto 270km/h certainly. So would 120 more hp be enough to reach 300km/h on a true VR4? Not unlikely IMO.

Thats a pretty interesting comparison, did you feel the car losing any stability at those speeds? I'd always figured you'd need around 500hp+ to get to that magic 300km/h figure.

wintertidenz
18-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I've seen the Pros Engineering car around quite often - the owner lives a few streets away.

Unfortunately they don't seem to know or care what power it really has, and they have turned it into a "cuzzie bro" car - last time I saw it it was all scratched up and the guy was driving it with glasses, cap and hoodie up over the cap.

MarkSanne
18-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Thats a pretty interesting comparison, did you feel the car losing any stability at those speeds? I'd always figured you'd need around 500hp+ to get to that magic 300km/h figure.

Stability from the wasn't the issue (I've got a TEIN coilover setup, lowered) but the piece of (german) autobahn wasn't exactly smooth so at those speeds I don't dare to take (even more) risks. What really got to me most though was the excessive wind noises. Almost like the doors were gonna pop open if I'd exceeded the 250km/h mark! Since then I've done a few mods to get the door closing a tad better, the door rubbers hugging the frame better and I've got a set of Ganadors waiting for a paintjob which all should help in reducing windnoise. Still... these cars were never designed to drive those speeds comfortably, so anyone trying or even faster: please be careful!

Oblivion
19-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I've seen the Pros Engineering car around quite often - the owner lives a few streets away.

Unfortunately they don't seem to know or care what power it really has, and they have turned it into a "cuzzie bro" car - last time I saw it it was all scratched up and the guy was driving it with glasses, cap and hoodie up over the cap.

What a shame! It would be really interesting to have a proper look at how Pro's have built that car. I guess we can only hope someone with a brain ends up owning it.

Stability from the wasn't the issue (I've got a TEIN coilover setup, lowered) but the piece of (german) autobahn wasn't exactly smooth so at those speeds I don't dare to take (even more) risks. What really got to me most though was the excessive wind noises. Almost like the doors were gonna pop open if I'd exceeded the 250km/h mark! Since then I've done a few mods to get the door closing a tad better, the door rubbers hugging the frame better and I've got a set of Ganadors waiting for a paintjob which all should help in reducing windnoise. Still... these cars were never designed to drive those speeds comfortably, so anyone trying or even faster: please be careful!

How about taking the wing mirrors off hahaha :P At least you have some form of decent road to try it out on, we're outta luck down these ways.