PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Thankyou

MyTrustedVR4
21-09-2006, 08:28 PM
:chugchug:

I was doing some research on a braking problem I am having with my VR4.

I have joined for full membership and what a great investment!!!

Poor baby is in the dealer shop and they cannot find out what the brake problem is???? Poole Car Centre (Mitzi)????

Seem to have discovered that my problem is related to a safety recall. Found the information on here. Thanks guys!!!!

Should have an interesting conversation with them tomorrow (Friday)

Cheers for now!

Spirit
21-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi

Glad you're making use of the forums already. I have your membership info and will set you up in the next few days......then you will have access to all the goodies hidden in the members only section.

Have fun !

Alex
21-09-2006, 08:30 PM
/Welcome2 Hope you get a lot from the club :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
21-09-2006, 08:31 PM
/Welcome Always nice to see new peeps on here.

BraindG
21-09-2006, 08:32 PM
/Wyhy /Welcome :pimp2:

SGHOM
21-09-2006, 08:54 PM
bl00dy 'ell....... another southerner !! /Nuuu :guitarist :guitarist

/Welcome2 /yikes

HJM
21-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Helloo - so Christchurch, Dorset, I presume?

We are just t'other side of Blandford :2thumbsup

/Welcome2

J :)

Nick VR4
21-09-2006, 09:09 PM
/Welcome enjoy the forum

Paul Beazer
21-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the club. £20 membership is well worth it. Save me a few quid just by asking Q's on here.

Yes SGHOM ANOTHER southerner!

BTW Im on the oil of wigit, good to have some "local" members, there is another on the oil, but he's too ashamed to show his face since he sold his VR4 (Sorry Phillip if you read this!)/STP

Kieran
21-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Yes, Welcome and glad we have been of service! You got the dreaded 'no brakes' caused by the leaking nitrogen globes then eh?

MyTrustedVR4
21-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes, Welcome and glad we have been of service! You got the dreaded 'no brakes' caused by the leaking nitrogen globes then eh?

Thanks for the welcome and yeah looks like the "no brakes" syndrome has caught me!! Has definately put the sh*ts into a couple of mechanics round my way!! Not to mention giving me a bit of a fright!!

The interesting thing is that the Mitzi dealer has either chosen to ignore checking recall databases or they are just trying to stitch me up for a new MBC and Servo etc.... Without being able to convince me that their suggestion will solve the problem.

/Grrr :rifle:

HJM
21-09-2006, 10:57 PM
The interesting thing is that the Mitzi dealer has either chosen to ignore checking recall databases or they are just trying to stitch me up for a new MBC and Servo etc.... Without being able to convince me that their suggestion will solve the problem.

Not all that surprised tbh - have only ever used Poole Mitsi for a recall which we had to prove to them was valid - give 'em hell mate :)

J

Kieran
21-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome and yeah looks like the "no brakes" syndrome has caught me!! Has definately put the sh*ts into a couple of mechanics round my way!! Not to mention giving me a bit of a fright!!

Have a read of this.... It will help you!

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12552&highlight=asc+recall

MyTrustedVR4
21-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcomes!!

Yeah I am in Christchurch, Dorset but it would be really stretching it to say I'm a southerner. I originate from Scotland, but love the warm climate of the south coast!

I cannot believe I have never come across this forum before. We have had a Mitzi in the family since 1997.

Got the VR4 in 2001 and have been grinning ever since!!!

HJM
21-09-2006, 11:17 PM
What colour? Put some pics up and we'll look out for you /Wyhy

thecustomer
21-09-2006, 11:28 PM
What colour? Put some pics up and we'll look out for you /Wyhy

ditto... I'm about 10 miles away just north of Ringwood

With Si's car on its way to Southampton there's got to be a danger of a west Hants/Dorset VR4 huddle at some point

Will

HJM
21-09-2006, 11:35 PM
OMG - I thought these cars were rare /haz

Other than Nick F1, we have only seen three VR4s in the vicinity - a silver leggie at Tower Park, a green leggie passing our house and a blue one a couple of times on the Blandford bypass early mornings - we were always in the Supra!!

Mm, think you are right Will, a local meet has to be on the cards :)

J

MyTrustedVR4
22-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll dig some out and post them up for you to admire:joker:

It's Gunmetal Purple

Just every now and then you seem to notice the others in the vicinity.

A local meet once I get my baby back on the road sounds like it could be good :chugchug:

Pity I don't think she'll be ready to get up to Donnington, never been on the track but high on my list of things to do before I die :leer: /Steeringw

Nick Mann
22-09-2006, 10:09 AM
That will be trigger mauve, then?

Welcome to the club - hope your issues are resolved soon! :thumbsup:

Si.
22-09-2006, 10:20 AM
ditto... I'm about 10 miles away just north of Ringwood

With Si's car on its way to Southampton there's got to be a danger of a west Hants/Dorset VR4 huddle at some point

Will

I'm always up for a sunday afternoon trip to the pub! :thumbsup:

And welcome by the way, Christchurch is nice, a mate of mine runs a body shop down that way, and they are very good. So if you ever need any work doing, take a trip down there.

They've got a really nice looking website too.... ;) Kustom Kolors (http://www.kustomkolors.co.uk)