PDA

View Full Version : Now A Happy Bunny

Spirit
28-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Some good news at last !

Those of you who know, my car has been back with the dealer for 26 days INSERT INTO post VALUES (not that I'm counting) having the gearbox leak sorted.

Got a call from the MD of the dealership today to say all was sorted and we are getting the car back Wednesday !

More good news !

They were also gonna check a slight wheel wobble at 80-85mph, which I was guessing would turn out to be warped discs. They discovered a nail in one tyre and a split in another :mad:, however.....

as they could not be certain the split was not there when it was sold to me they are putting FOUR new Pirelli tyres on for us and we are only paying £100 towards it - they are footing the rest :cool1: :D :D :D :D :cool1: !!! Then they are gonna put it on a rolling road to make sure there are no other issues - but hey my MOT is due in July so would have needed these two new tyres at £100+ each anyhow so I am very happy !

Pete

Petrolhead
28-04-2003, 06:21 PM
Must be a lucky day...

I took the car to a recommended garage to ask about the tappet noise. The guy knew his stuff and told me exactly what it was and that it would do no harm to the car, but unfortunately he could not undertake such a job if I REALLY couldn't live with the tick tick tick.

Anyway, he took a look at it just in case, and guess what? yup, the noise has stopped, lol, typical :shrug: , and it's not even returned when I got home.:hurrah:

Fingers crossed.

D.

BraindG
28-04-2003, 06:25 PM
:hurrah: :wiggle: :beerclash: YEAY! thats one of us got their cars back. still waiting for mine :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( two and a bit weeks left till japfest aswell..

Nick VR4
28-04-2003, 06:45 PM
nice one Pete :beerclash

Spirit
28-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys....now to get organised for Japfest .....machine polish, maybe a new exhaust....mmmmm
:wiggle: