PDA

View Full Version : Australian

JMO
23-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Hey, as the title suggests i am australian, the VR4's are now available to be imported, i was just wondering if there where any other Ozzies on the forum?
As this would be handy for knowing places to get parts and servies from, also is there a thread on the site that suggests common parts on the VR4 to other Mitu's

ShadyNZer
23-09-2006, 06:32 AM
i think theres one other dude...

d i c k i e s
23-09-2006, 10:57 AM
aussie aussie! oi oi oi...

i guess its gonna be hard to find parts for it as there wouldnt be much VR-4s in Australia itself. service will be just and any normal service to a turbo car.

JMO
24-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Is the engine/trans the same as many other model's? especially models that where Aus Delivered :P, i am sure you will be able to get front cut's and stuff for them soon enough but my biggest problem is if i have a diognostic problem and no one over here has the software to fix it?

The Vee
24-09-2006, 07:09 PM
AFAIK, the 6A13TT was only fitted to 8g Galant/Legnum VR4s. The transmission is a difficult one. The manual shares some similarities with some of the earlier Evos, but there are others on here that would know more about that. Good luck with the hunt for one:thumbsup:

bradc
24-09-2006, 08:03 PM
The parts aren't identical to any other cars, but I would imagine the MUT-II (mitsi diagnostics thing) over there would be able to read the sensors on the cars without a problem.

aaron68nz
25-09-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm in Sydney. Been here from NZ with my 8G VR4 since the beginning of last year.

Yeah, servicing could be a problem. Could be best to pay extra for a low mileage car or one you feel better about knowing the service history of. As is probably more widely recognized in NZ than Australia the Jap imports can have dodgy/woundback mileage. And make sure the car has had some of the significant recall work done on it or else it could be very costly ! Parts from NZ obviously not a problem, just the time and expense taken to get them over here.

JMO
25-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah i have heard about some of the recall's, is there a list on the site of every thing that was recalled? i read the buyers guide but it didn't go into detail, You guys have it good over there, legnum's, caldina's cheap ass legacy's and all turbo,we are stuck with crappy commonwhores and falcoon's and a lot of them.

also thanks for the feed back as i don't ant to get one over and find out that i can't even get bits for it :P

aaron68nz
25-09-2006, 10:00 AM
There are old postings which detail the recalls and a japanese mitsubishi website where you put in the chassi number and it tells you what has and hasn't been done:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?url=http%3A%2F%2Fu-cfc.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp%2FRecall%2Fresultrecallstatus.do&lp=ja_en&intl=1
And the "Dog and Lemon" guide also has good and thorough details on the net and details the coloured paint applied to certain bolts on certain hinges which show which recalls have been fixed.