PDA

View Full Version : OMG would you believe ?!

BraindG
08-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Zedy was just round at my house.. and we got talking..
you know this engine he bought to replace his boogered one?
he got it out of a vr4 which had side impact damage...
it appeared the induction kit was missing.. and also a dump valve..
he also mentioned that the centre console was missing when he had a look..
there was a sticker saying it had been serviced by VBJ's....
also.. the number plates had been removed..

hmmm... bells start ringing in my head....

erm... where did you get this engine from again mo? INSERT INTO post VALUES (i asked)
oh.. some place local to me...
Mo mentioned that that vr4 had been around for a long time..

then we start talking more in depth.. and.. we came to the conclusion.. that he bought MY engine!!!! from my first VR4!!!! what are the chances of that?! lol..
i crashed my first vr4 about 2yrs and 3 months ago.. which.. seems to fit in with how long that cars been around for.....

heres the pics (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165)
i said to him to check and see if the car is still there.. and ill come up and see it..
i took off the v6 badges.. some of the door protectors.. the grille.. a few things i would know... obviously i would recognise some scratches etc.... so..

the betting starts here...

did mo buy my old engine? or was it another one?

zedy1
08-11-2003, 02:08 AM
youve beat me to it :Cry1:

kammy.ahmed
08-11-2003, 02:55 AM
Guys i thjought that it was barrys when i went to look at it some time ago for the ECU.....i think i mentioned it in a previous post..........mmmmmmmmmmmm will look for post!
He he found it ...
http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.phps=&threadid=220&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

'No it is the prefacelift model....come to think of it it has a very heavy passenger side impact, like barrys first one...its also the same colourINSERT INTO post VALUES (could it be the same car).
Am going to have another look tommorow, so if anybody needs anything let me know although the damage is V heavy! Suspension etc appears to be okay though? Will also look for the part number.'..........eye of the tiger! im sure its yours , could tell from your pics and damage!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Pescha
08-11-2003, 03:31 AM
Keep it in the family lol.........

Pescha!

Kieran
08-11-2003, 10:43 AM
VR-4s seem to be rarer than rocking horse $hit, so there won't be many in the nation's scrapyards... I think it's perfectly possible that the engine that Zedy brought originally belonged to Barry.

Nick VR4
08-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Thats Spooky