PDA

View Full Version : King Springs

abnormal aspirations
24-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi, looking for some advice from you nz guys. I was looking into getting some lowering springs for my sports gt. I cant find any springs for the 7g vr4s here in uk so i was gonna import a set of king springs form australia. Does anyone have any experience with them? Their ones are progressive in the back but normal in the front (?????) with a 40mm drop. Will i have camber issues with this kit, bearing in mind the sports gt is REALLY high as standard. And will i need new shocks.

Thanks Guys

Gly
25-09-2006, 06:58 AM
the 7g has the same style suspension as the 8g.
you can use coil overs from the 8G if you wanted. (so ive heard)

so you can fairly safely assume that with this amount of lowering you will get negitive camber.

i would get new shocks aswell unless they've been changed resently..
standard 7g shocks would be very tired by now (age)

also look into JAMEX springs,

i had these in my 6g and found them to be quite good, and both front and rear where progressive springs.

d i c k i e s
25-09-2006, 08:13 AM
hmm intresting? maybe i wont get king springs then. are those JAMEX springs good? im lookin at getting the tein adjustables. how would u rate those?

Gly
25-09-2006, 08:23 AM
ive had no experience with kings,

i would have the teins adjustables... very good from what i have heard/experience, "osiris" has them, and "you see" also.

ive got cusco adjustables and find them very nice... good comfort level, and still very good performance wise

Pescha
25-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi, looking for some advice from you nz guys.

And girls.....

Anyway I have just put in some tannabe sustec springs into my VR4! They work a treat! Just another option!:2thumbsup

abnormal aspirations
25-09-2006, 04:22 PM
the 7g has the same style suspension as the 8g.
you can use coil overs from the 8G if you wanted. (so ive heard)

so you can fairly safely assume that with this amount of lowering you will get negitive camber.

i would get new shocks aswell unless they've been changed resently..
standard 7g shocks would be very tired by now (age)

also look into JAMEX springs,

i had these in my 6g and found them to be quite good, and both front and rear where progressive springs.

Are you sure the 8g springs will work? That would make life alot simpler for me. Anyone else know if they do? I would love to get a set of adjustables, but im on a pretty tight budget. I guess suspension is something you cant do on a budget is it? Its just that the suspension on the sports gt is HORRIBLE its nice and comfortable, but when you get to a bend it rolls like a pregnant water buffalo so was looking for a quick fix.

Gly
25-09-2006, 08:24 PM
i wouldnt use 8g springs,

they may work, but they wouldnt be right...

spring tension/coils/thickness would all be different
i would use coilovers if i new 100% they would fit... but i dont.

i would stick to sorcing some 7g specific ones

abnormal aspirations
25-09-2006, 08:48 PM
And girls.....

Anyway I have just put in some tannabe sustec springs into my VR4! They work a treat! Just another option!:2thumbsup

Ooops. Sorry and girls :uhoh:
Nice pic by the way. Expected a car got something better :o

The 8g and 7g weights and weight distributions are different so im sure it would be best to stick with 7g parts. The search continues.