PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished AYC Pump

Brunty
26-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I had a refurbished AYC pump installed by Roger Rally at the weekend. Took a while to exchange the pumps, but once that was done the battery was disconnected and the relevant fluids were topped up during which Roger noted that there was a lot of air in the system.

All appeared well and a quick spin around the yard showed the AYC to be working and money changed hands.

Unfortunately after 5-10 minutes on the road the dreaded AYC light came on again and I could enjoy the delights of AYC traction no more.

Obviously I'm hoping that this current issue will be resolved by bleeding the various AYC reservoirs/fluids as described in Kierans article HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13378&highlight=bleed+AYC) (members only) or by a bleed using the MUT2 at Extreme/Mitsubishi Solihull.

Has anyone else replaced their AYC pump and if so did you need to take any further action to getting it working correctly?

Brunty
27-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Has anyone else replaced their AYC pump and if so did you need to take any further action to getting it working correctly?

Not many then!?!? Anyhoo.

Took the car to Mitsubishi Solihull who plugged their MUT2 in to check the fault codes even though their unit hasn't been working with VR4/GTO/FTOs for a while; no joy.

However, after driving from Solihull to Northampton and parking up for 20 mins it seems that I now have a working AYC unit.

The ignition was on all the time whilst using the MUT2 as we tested it, up to and including me starting the car and driving off. Having spoken to Ivor Green (Chief Mechanic @ Mitsubishi Solihull and thoroughly nice bloke) we have deduced that the MUT2 will have earthed the ECU, but that the reset only occured once the ignition was off completely.

On the way back from Northampton the AYC was thoroughly tested on left handers, right handers, weaving and roundabouts (including some twice!), I'll do a diy check for any fault codes tonight. RELIEF!

Credits:
Roger Rally - without whom etc, etc, also was very generous on the labour charged for at the weekend.
Nick Mann - Nick and I have gone through our AYC woes together, with Nick doing plenty of work on my car, owe you a choccy bar mate.
Ivor Green - Thanks for the use of the MUT2.
WRD - cheers guys, good to know all those expensive fluids used during the service haven't gone to waste!
Amsoil - for supplying top quality ATF 'n' stuff.

The car will now be advertised on Piston Heads, JTuner magazine, MLR and probably Autotrader.

Nick Mann
27-09-2006, 05:12 PM
/Banana

Well done and good luck.

bernmc
27-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Ypu don't appear to have thanked me for anything, you ungrateful little ****! Why, I've a good mind to come over there and....:o

Brunty
27-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Ypu don't appear to have thanked me for anything, you ungrateful little ****! Why, I've a good mind to come over there and....:o

And special thanks to:

bernmc: You spared me the rod - for which I am eternally grateful :shocked:

BraindG
24-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Brunty, how much did the reburf cost?

BraindG
24-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Brunty, how much did the reburf cost?
oh, hang on 450 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150693&postcount=5)?