PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a cambelt etc done in Welly

flyboy
28-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey guys,

Does anyone have an idea where a good place to get a cambelt etc done on a VR4?

Cheers,
Jeremy

d i c k i e s
28-09-2006, 01:28 AM
im sure any service station will be able to do it. takes a few hours to do. now that its getting to the end of the week, they tend to be busy.. next week will be a better time to get it done. but you want it done asap. check yellow pages?

VR4 MAD
28-09-2006, 07:44 AM
im sure any service station will be able to do it. takes a few hours to do.

I'd be a liitle more selective than that.

Much better to go to someone who has worked on these cars before rather than you pay for the 'local guy' to learn about the car. And worse still, stuff it up. /duh

Generally I've found the main dealers are best, even if their hourly charging is higher. They have the experience (hopefully) and the parts to hand.

I've used Kirk Motors Lower Hutt for mine in the past and they were always good. Wellington branch have had there 'ups and downs' and I can't speak to how they are now.

There is another place in the Hutt that's been good too so let me know if you more details. No point if you want someone in Wellington or Porirua.

Good luck and report back if you find someone good............we could all do with a list of good and knowledgeable places to take our prized cars.

/Hmmm

Subaru ETA
28-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I suggest the local mitsi dealer. alsoget the waterpump, tentioners etc replaced...a mitsi dealer will prob do that anyway...or you could go to part master, buy the parts and do it yourself!!! (a job not for the faint hearted)

d i c k i e s
28-09-2006, 11:04 PM
i hear kirk motors out in tawa are pretty good, but they usually busy! so its best to get in quick!