PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management light

V6Sport
28-09-2006, 03:33 PM
just got a quote from Mitsubishi dealer to do a diagnostic on my engine warning light for £76:veryangry .

apart from going down to the dealers is there a way to find out whats gone wrong or will a local garage be able to find out what the fault is?

thanks

Nutter_John
28-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes there is a way to discover what diag codes are being stored within you ECU , now the horrible bit this information is kept withint the Members only area from what i recall . Would suggest the £20 membership fee may be worthwhile

Cheers John

Brunty
28-09-2006, 03:41 PM
just got a quote from Mitsubishi dealer to do a diagnostic on my engine warning light for £76:veryangry.

Keep phoning round - my local Mitsubishi guy tried his MUT2 on my car foc (It didn't work properly but worked well enough).

Granted it's an expensive bit of kit but I would have thought they'd use it to secure actual repair jobs - Mitsubishi Mechanics as consultants? They certainly charge in the right bracket.

creepylonghair
29-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes there is a way to discover what diag codes are being stored within you ECU , now the horrible bit this information is kept withint the Members only area from what i recall . Would suggest the £20 membership fee may be worthwhile

Cheers John

:2thumbsup

Save yourself £56 and join up....if I can do it myself anyone can.

John