PDA

View Full Version : re-gasing shocks?

Munta
28-09-2006, 09:48 PM
hey guys... my back left shock needs re-gasing... its a bilstein adjustible shock. any1 know a rough idea how much it would cost?
only just passed a wof b4 the last aucks meet we had. lol. they almost didnt pass me on it but did :)
also if any1 reads this and remembers how my tyres were at the meet... well 1 week later and the canvis decided to show its face. so dont know how the vtnz place passed that :S lol
got a couple new F1s now put them on. i hate my tyres apparently 225/45 R17's for the F1's are the hardest size to come by. hyper managed to find me 3 of them so i got 1 spare at the moment. :P. also didnt brake the bank at only $199 each. pitty they didnt find 4 of them.
also got my front 2 windows tinted yesterday since i couldnt buy a 4th tyre.

Gly
29-09-2006, 10:31 AM
it can cost upto $500 per shock, depening if it can be re-built and re gased.

if it cant it will be $500 for a new insert shock to replace the dud one.

Subaru ETA
30-09-2006, 11:16 PM
hey guys... my back left shock needs re-gasing... its a bilstein adjustible shock. any1 know a rough idea how much it would cost?
only just passed a wof b4 the last aucks meet we had. lol. they almost didnt pass me on it but did :)
also if any1 reads this and remembers how my tyres were at the meet... well 1 week later and the canvis decided to show its face. so dont know how the vtnz place passed that :S lol
got a couple new F1s now put them on. i hate my tyres apparently 225/45 R17's for the F1's are the hardest size to come by. hyper managed to find me 3 of them so i got 1 spare at the moment. :P. also didnt brake the bank at only $199 each. pitty they didnt find 4 of them.
also got my front 2 windows tinted yesterday since i couldnt buy a 4th tyre.

i remember your tires and they were stuffed. however, as long as canvas aint showing at time of inspection, as long as over 30%b of the tire has at least .5 mil tread its still a pass! abit of useless info straight from the WOF bible the VIRM

Subaru ETA
30-09-2006, 11:16 PM
thats 1.5 not .5 mil