PDA

View Full Version : Jap Link??

Kieran
09-11-2003, 12:26 AM
...Anybody heard of / dealt with these peeps before??

http://www.jap-link.co.uk/

I've requested a quote from them. I'll let you know what service I recieve...

zedy1
09-11-2003, 12:29 AM
nope never heard of em but been on their site b4

Nick VR4
09-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm sure a guy on the MLR was asking about these people too a few weeks ago

Don't know what happend to the post though

Good luck :)

Kieran
09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Well, less than 24 hours later, I've had a reply!

I asked for a quote on a Pre-Facelift TypeS, specifying an Auto gearbox, an MMCS unit installed and INSERT INTO post VALUES (ideally) a car with both Traction and Active Yaw control.

They've quoted £5000!!!:wow::Eyecrazy:

Methinks it's time to do some digging, and if they seem ok, to have a 'chat':argue: with Alex:D

SGHOM
09-11-2003, 05:46 PM
you dont realy want a VR4 for its performance , looks, handling......... etc !! you only want one for the tele !! go on...... be honest Kieran !! :D :D

Kieran
09-11-2003, 05:48 PM
It's true!!!

If they did a GLS with the cool light-up dash, an MMCS and a Black/Black interior, then I'd snap one up!!! :D:D

SGHOM
09-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
It's true!!!

If they did a GLS with the cool light-up dash, an MMCS and a Black/Black interior, then I'd snap one up!!! :D:D

all the bells & whistles, ?? & still 0 to 60 eventally. !!

Kieran
09-11-2003, 06:11 PM
:lolz:

The Cheek! the GLS isn't THAT slow:D

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Mind you, all that extra equipment may make a difference:D)

venomboy
09-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Kieran , post if you got my pm.

KiwiTT
09-11-2003, 10:23 PM
It's true!!!

What is a MMCS ???

Nick VR4
09-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
What is a MMCS ???

MMCS INSERT INTO post VALUES (Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System); which displays various kinds of information INSERT INTO post VALUES (including navigation, compass direction, altitude, and audio-system control) on a five-inch LCD screen, is available as an option. The navigation system is a state-of-the-art system combining cruise control INSERT INTO post VALUES (speed sensor/vibration gyroscope system); map matching, and using the GPS INSERT INTO post VALUES (global positioning system). The maps cover various areas within Japan in different scales, and indicate many outdoor recreational facilities. Intersections at which you need to turn will be displayed on a larger scale, with a voice message for directions. The audio control can be displayed on-screen for one-touch operation of the audio system. In addition, information to enjoy 4x4 off-roading, such as compass direction, altitude, and outside temperature, is available on-screen. Furthermore, by connecting another optional accessory, TV reception and traffic information INSERT INTO post VALUES (such as on congestion, limitations, and parking availability) are all accessible through the VICS Map Display System

:D

KiwiTT
09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks Nick. I can live without that. It not a performance enhancing mod.

Kieran
09-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by venomboy
Kieran , post if you got my pm.

Post recieved. I've replied to you:)

Kieran
09-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
MMCS INSERT INTO post VALUES (Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System); which displays various kinds of information INSERT INTO post VALUES (including navigation, compass direction, altitude, and audio-system control) on a five-inch LCD screen, is available as an option. The navigation system is a state-of-the-art system combining cruise control INSERT INTO post VALUES (speed sensor/vibration gyroscope system); map matching, and using the GPS INSERT INTO post VALUES (global positioning system). The maps cover various areas within Japan in different scales, and indicate many outdoor recreational facilities. Intersections at which you need to turn will be displayed on a larger scale, with a voice message for directions. The audio control can be displayed on-screen for one-touch operation of the audio system. In addition, information to enjoy 4x4 off-roading, such as compass direction, altitude, and outside temperature, is available on-screen. Furthermore, by connecting another optional accessory, TV reception and traffic information INSERT INTO post VALUES (such as on congestion, limitations, and parking availability) are all accessible through the VICS Map Display System

:D

Phwooooarrr!!! Don't you just WANT one?!

zedy1
09-11-2003, 11:03 PM

shame its in japenese if they did one in english ill have one

SGHOM
09-11-2003, 11:12 PM

Kieran !!! It's just a tele that doesn't work !!!

:D :D

Kieran
09-11-2003, 11:17 PM
LOL!!

It's COOL!!!!

You don't understand!!! I like gizmos like that!!!! They're COOL!!!!:D:D

Brind
10-11-2003, 10:37 PM
You can get aftermarket ones that actually work fully over here albeit without the air con etc control... ah wait!! you wanted that direct link to order your chicken chow main and special fried rice didn't you? :D

Kieran
10-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Brind
You can get aftermarket ones that actually work fully over here albeit without the air con etc control... ah wait!! you wanted that direct link to order your chicken chow main and special fried rice didn't you? :D

:lolz:

You got it! I wonder - if I get one and get it reprogrammed in English, will it order fish and chips instead?!:D:D

the_boy
11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Thought I'd be nosey and see what they said

Make: Mitsubushi
Model: Legnum
Year: 1997
Details: Type S
Black
Saloon version
Tiptronic
Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System
17/18 inch alloys
Low mileage

He reckons about 7000, didn't specify if this was an OTR price and how long he estimated fromsourcing to delivery.

zedy1
11-11-2003, 09:35 PM
me too got abit nosey yesterday and got a price of 6k with leather and mods seems like this guys going up from 5k to 6k and now 7k next would be 8k :D

so whose next ?

the_boy
11-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Price was an OTR price and he reckoned it would take 10 weeks from sourcing to delivery.

He's obviously a bit suspicious now since that's 3 of us that have called :D

Maybe we could do a group buy LOL :p