PDA

View Full Version : Price may be down but temptation high!

Josh2xsv
29-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Well though the VR-4 purchase price may be down the temptation for little w#nkers is as high as ever!

My car right was parked outside my house at 11:30pm on a Weds evening and this is what I ran out (alarm goin off) to find... The tail end of the offending getaway car was high tailing out of sight over the hill.

2 windows smashed/nothing nicked/just glass absolutely fkn everywhere!!! /duh

uploaded/1371/1159486924.jpeg
uploaded/1371/1159486768.jpeg

Only 2 weeks prior I had the drivers door lock levered and smashed out while parked on the street just up from work between 8-11am on a Monday morning! No entry was made though as the alarm must have done its job nicely! At a cost in excess of $200 to repair though its just a bloody headache!

I don't know how I can stop it, dickheads will be just that I guess... Car empty and visibly so, alarm LED flashing is how I leave it, but doesn't seem to help?!

Well thats my gripe for the day... :(

OSiRiS
29-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Not a very nice sight and my condolences go out to you and your Legnum.

The only way to keep it safe is to have your eye on it 24/7. Is that not possible?

Josh2xsv
29-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Hmm.. Yeah I try.... Maybe I should sleep in it too :sleeping:

marmel31
29-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Let me know if you need a new rear window, I have a factory tint one you could have for $100 plus postage.

Josh2xsv
29-09-2006, 02:38 AM
Um thanks dude, with glass insurance n that coming to the party it's only costing me $100 excess to get everything fixed (nice n quick to- should be polished this afty). Will be picking glass from every nook n cranny for some time to come I'd think though... but /thankyou

KiwiTT
29-09-2006, 02:42 AM
D#@m F#@k3rs.

Glad the insurance is helping.

bradc
29-09-2006, 04:04 AM
dickheads, is there anyway you can park your car off the road?

Paul Beazer
29-09-2006, 11:25 AM
You havent upset anyone recently have you?

It seems to be a week of random damage and destruction to VR4s at the mo. See "Burnt Out" thread..

Hope you get it sorted out!

soapy1978
29-09-2006, 11:30 AM
You havent upset anyone recently have you?

It seems to be a week of random damage and destruction to VR4s at the mo. See "Burnt Out" thread..

Hope you get it sorted out!

as above

d i c k i e s
29-09-2006, 11:31 AM
damn thats sad!

ShadyNZer
30-09-2006, 02:21 PM
ratsh!t bro, hard out.....

Xeroid
01-10-2006, 01:07 AM
You gotta park it off the road, we go anywhere dodgy now we take a taxi. ( Mainly cos we're having a few beers )

Josh2xsv
01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately that was right outside my house... /grr

I have contemplated driving up onto grass verge between road parked cars, a tree and the footpath right nearest my window, could be a lil more out of sight of drive by eyes, but I don't think legally I'm allowed?!

Good ol' Smith & Smith ordered a facelift rear windscreen so have spent the weekend with plastic over the back! Dorks! I gave them VIN and everything! /grr

bradc
01-10-2006, 10:25 PM
The trick is to not mention 1998 :) Say you have a 1996 or 1997, and for facelift owners you need to say 1999-2002 :)

Subaru ETA
02-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately that was right outside my house... /grr

I have contemplated driving up onto grass verge between road parked cars, a tree and the footpath right nearest my window, could be a lil more out of sight of drive by eyes, but I don't think legally I'm allowed?!

Good ol' Smith & Smith ordered a facelift rear windscreen so have spent the weekend with plastic over the back! Dorks! I gave them VIN and everything! /grr

christ dude i wouldnt use them EVER AGAIN! the broke my a piller trims (they fell off on my way home from picking it up) then denied it! plus the windscreen was crap! had hugelines in it!

now my mate is having issues with them, hes taken it back 5 times with a water leak that happened after the fitted it...then said it was coz of his amp wiring! he only got any satisfaction when he rang head office

d i c k i e s
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
thats the way to do it tho... ring thier head office. cos then they go back to the employee!

Josh2xsv
03-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Um yeah no fkn sht- never again! Smith & smith can KMA :soapbox:

1st - Get the WRONG tailgate (facelift)- remove glass and find it doesn't fit my car...

2nd - Come to fit the glass (finally), remove plastic from screen hole and it starts raining... I have to follow them back to shop rain n fumes pourin into my car!...

3rd - Find that they have THROWN MY TRIMS AWAY!!! cos what they have won't fit, not to mention the wrong ficken colour! (They kept the trims from the wrong tailgate)... :furious3:

4th - Oh yes we will source some trim for you (better be the right bloody colour!)...

Here's hoping I don't have to edit this post adding more crap to this sht list. /Grrr /wall

Subaru ETA
03-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Um yeah no fkn sht- never again! Smith & smith can KMA :soapbox:

1st - Get the WRONG tailgate (facelift)- remove glass and find it doesn't fit my car...

2nd - Come to fit the glass (finally), remove plastic from screen hole and it starts raining... I have to follow them back to shop rain n fumes pourin into my car!...

3rd - Find that they have THROWN MY TRIMS AWAY!!! cos what they have won't fit, not to mention the wrong ficken colour! (They kept the trims from the wrong tailgate)... :furious3:

4th - Oh yes we will source some trim for you (better be the right bloody colour!)...

Here's hoping I don't have to edit this post adding more crap to this sht list. /Grrr /wall

out of interest. which branch you dealing with bro

Josh2xsv
03-10-2006, 08:58 PM
North Shore branch. /Grrr

(Hopefully they get trims in good nick, the correct colour and soon, and I'll be happy to put it all behind me) :5shots:

Nick VR4
03-10-2006, 09:06 PM
OMG what is it with *****rs smashing and burning cars

Sorry to hear you are having issues getting it sorted too

have you considered CCTV outside your house ???

Josh2xsv
03-10-2006, 10:16 PM
hmmm... :bulb: CCTV - then I just need to get some of those reserved workmans cones to make sure I can get a park within view of the camera! /haz

Kenneth
03-10-2006, 11:53 PM
hmmm... :bulb: CCTV - then I just need to get some of those reserved workmans cones to make sure I can get a park within view of the camera! /haz

take a trip to Apollo Drive... plenty of cones to choose from ;)

Josh2xsv
04-10-2006, 02:42 AM
haha - good call! :smartass2

The plot thickens! /wall
I had a close look at the rear screen because it was bothering me how visible the heater wires were, and lo and behold it's a aftermarket tinted screen!!! :rifle:
Very well colour matched but none the less not a factory tint glass- more fricken headaches and chasing s&s /wall

Subaru ETA
04-10-2006, 05:59 AM
North Shore branch. /Grrr

(Hopefully they get trims in good nick, the correct colour and soon, and I'll be happy to put it all behind me) :5shots:

haha the wairau rd one? they are the tossers i was talking about....they got my new trim in a couple of days but then told me to fit it! i mean yeah sure easy enough but still, they were the ones who ****ed it!
welly work charge my labour out at $92 an hour as a mechanic so i told them i would send them the bill......they then fitted it for me

Josh2xsv
04-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Yup Wairau Rd alright- haha imagine if they had me fill in a service survey?! /whip

/wall /wall /wall /wall /wall /wall /wall

There is something seriously wrong when you deal with glass everyday and you don't realize that its a film tint not a factory tint glass! (or wnakers for trying to slip it past me unnoticed- they reckon they payed close to a grand for it too- fkn bulsht!)

How can you work on a car in the morning that is black and tan and then later in the day throw away a black and tan trim set, saving a grey and black set that is sitting on the tailgate that wasn't even a match for that car?!

/wall /wall /wall /wall /wall /wall /wall

Subaru ETA
04-10-2006, 10:35 AM
because, quite simply, they are idiots! but they treat the customers like we are dumb arses! all it does is ruin there rep!

Josh2xsv
04-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Yep sure does, I won't be using them again for anything! /whip

d i c k i e s
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
damn issues, issues!