PDA

View Full Version : duck noise??!!

stokerdognz
29-09-2006, 10:09 PM
hey guys .

after some advice as to whats gone wrong with my 1996 v6 2.5 legnum. theres a weird noise that sounds like a duck call ( best way to describe ) coming from the engine / trans when im driving , happens intermittenly , mainly when it changes the auto gears or i hit the loud pedal and it changes down.

any ideas???

MGV6
01-10-2006, 09:10 AM
hey guys .

after some advice as to whats gone wrong with my 1996 v6 2.5 legnum. theres a weird noise that sounds like a duck call ( best way to describe ) coming from the engine / trans when im driving , happens intermittenly , mainly when it changes the auto gears or i hit the loud pedal and it changes down.

any ideas???
:)
maybe a duck is stuck in the engine somewhere? LOL

No, I don't know but one of the technicans here should reply soon.

Kieran
01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
hey guys .

any ideas???

Could be loads of things.... What state is your transmission fluid in? Does it look nice and clean and red, or rather burned?

Also, check your engine mounts - if they collapse, the gearbox tends to rest on the crossmember and this transmits more noise than you would usually expect into the car.

stokerdognz
03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
cheers for that , will check and get back

stokerdognz
04-10-2006, 06:14 AM
hey team. engine mounts seem ok .... not sure on atf oil if burnt so will change oil and filter as dont know when filter was last changed ( still has the jap writing on it >>> and motor company said they changed it and they had heaps left over from a shipment .... very suss!! more ideas would be appreciated

stokerdognz
07-10-2006, 06:28 AM
changed the tranny oil and filter , colour was a deep blood red ( burnt??? ) and who knows how long the filter was in there !!, took it for a drive after the change and the gear changes seemed smoother and nicer to drive in general .will still listen out for the " duck " noise to see if the service solved the problem !!