andy and marcus joined heath in the lawnmower club
barry and derek got drunk (shocker hey)
caishan got sexier (well his car did)
everyone else had a great time . the end

Oooohh tell us more :).

psbarham
30-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Oooohh tell us more :).
it rained breifly (you didn't say how much more:smartass: )

bradc
30-09-2006, 08:57 PM
tell us about Glen's problem :)

psbarham
30-09-2006, 09:01 PM
tell us about Glen's problem :)
no!!
well it was spectacular when he was behind us on track with all the smoke , but luckily it was nothing more than the dipstick working its way out and soaking everything in oil including the crank position sensor which killed the engine , that boy is soooooo lucky

bradc
30-09-2006, 09:06 PM
As long as he didn't leave it running for too long without much oil in there. Sounds like you guys had fun though :)

psbarham
30-09-2006, 09:17 PM
the jammy bleeder didn't lose more than about 1/8 of a litre , i think the biggest worry was the heat soak from the engine stopping from flatout track abuse to nothing , but it struck up 20 mins later and ran as sweet as a nut . and yes it was a cracking day out , great to meet everyone again and quite a few for the first time /thankyou right off to bed now its been a bl00dy long day :sleeping: :sleeping:

Kieran
01-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Ooh, a story thread has been started....

I'll add a few bits.... Though most of these you had to be there for, and have consumed a fair amount alcoholic beverage..... Still, they'll make a few people snigger tomorrow I hope!/Devil5

For a single man, Brunty is very familar with Booty!:beatnik2:
Dib-Dab can be a very erotic experience!!! /Devil5
Nick will soon be joining the prehistoric spakker-box brigade! /STP/Devil5
I'm a story teller! :D
Lots more I'm sure!/yes
Heath used to have an Afro!:vulcan:
Jane Drank Wine!:smartass2
Physician has captured a lot of incriminating evidence on camera!:lipseal :uhoh:

I'm knackered and in danger of descending into complete drivel! I'm off to bed!

White Lightning
01-10-2006, 09:31 AM
We had a really good time. I enjoyed both of my track sessions. Had a little bit of a moment in the first one when I had a bit of a four wheel slide in the chicane /Devil5 . I think Pete might have caught it on camera :smash:

Unfortunately, my car is little bit worse for wear. It developed a rather worrying engine noise after the second session which meant I had to be brought home on the back on an AA lorry. I lost about a litre and half of coolant out on the track and it looks like it was coming from the water pump. Hopefully, the noise will turn out to be the water pump as well ...

Still a good day was had by all I think and it was nice to put some more faces to names ...

Alex
01-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Just wanted to say that I had a really good day. I honestly can't remember the last time I had that much fun! /haz

A massive thank you to both Richard and Steve for taking me out on the track. I really enjoyed it, and neither of you put me off - I would sit in the suicide with you anytime. /thankyou

Better not say too much about the party in case I incriminate myself :anxious: -except to say it was really nice to have a drink or two with you all. :5shots: :beerchug:

Thanks to Nick and Vicky for letting us get ready in their room, and also to Lorraine for bringing the wine (sorry our plans went a little array there mate) :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again soon /Wyhy

bernmc
01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
A few scrappy pics before the big guns wake up from their drunken stupor... not great, but I was in a 'can't be arsed' mood!

CVR4 Stand

uploaded/1552/1159694824.jpg

uploaded/1552/1159695074.jpg

I got in at the last minute - with a sneaky ticket for the 300ZX/350Z stand. There were a grand total of 5 350Z's there - ho hum!

uploaded/1552/1159694953.jpg

uploaded/1552/1159694987.jpg

And the sexiest car of the day:

uploaded/1552/1159695024.jpg

I made a run for it when it started raining (sugar baby), so missed the farming... ;)

psbarham
01-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I made a run for it when it started raining (sugar baby), so missed the farming... ;)
wuss , i did wonder where you went to , there was us lot braving the rain and you bugger off :smash:

psbarham
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
right a few piccys . i'm sure the great jane shall post up some proper ones soon
bruntys little spin
uploaded/1031/1159701308.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159701373.jpg

women drivers:laugh:

uploaded/1031/1159701757.jpg

simon playing on the slide

uploaded/1031/1159701865.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159701934.jpg

andy and heaths new friends out playing :smash:

uploaded/1031/1159701992.jpg

psbarham
01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
a few more

uploaded/1031/1159702127.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702163.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702209.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702255.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702295.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702341.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702384.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702425.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702465.jpg

uploaded/1031/1159702557.jpg

BraindG
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
AWESOME! what a cracking weekend, this must be one of the most enjayable events I have ever attended, thank you all for making it such. Richard, thank you so much for organising the conference room, that itself made the night for me.... We shall be doing that again!

I arrived back about an hour ago now, had to have a quick seat and a coffee im so tired :( Getting up at silly oclock to watch F1 didn't help :-ished:

I can't wait to see Richards Pictures, eh Pez? :laugh:

Oki, im going to grab a coffee, and get the road out of my system, im still all shakey :(

Lillywotsername
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Absolutely Funtastic Day!!!!!

As people have already mentioned, there were a few incidents, but nothing major.......
Great track action.... even Lisa ( Mrs Tig202) took the VR4 out for a session, brave lady/notworthy

Loads of Food during the day..... Thanks to all who brought communal food and sweets and drink.

Very nice to meet some new faces and catching up with the regulars.

The evening was a huge success. Heath had a great time, as did we all. The "This Is Your Life" part was very informative and funny/lol.
The evening had everything..... food, alcohol, laughter, good conversation, a legnum shaped birthday cake and a really disgusting chocolate cake eating competition right at the very end, which I might add Richy won by a slim margin.... What more could you ask for from a CVR4 evening.

Thanks once again to Richard (physician) Pete Barry Jane and of cause the Birthday boy for making it so special for us all.... You are all:thumbsup: /GJ

Just on last thing that I forgot to mention....... If you keep on tonguing men like you did last night Barry..... People are going to start to talk/haz

pezza
01-10-2006, 02:36 PM

I can't wait to see Richards Pictures, eh Pez? :laugh:

No no no....!!! I had to at the table with a cam! :uhoh:

SGHOM
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
New roles for club VR4 members ?

can I nominate Glenn to be the official club VR4 can opener. :vulcan:

& Barry to be the official club VR4 can crusher :o /lol

Those who stayed in area 51 on friday night will know what I mean !! :runkest: /Banana

soapy1978
01-10-2006, 02:57 PM
had a great time but just got home about a 2 hours ago to find that i have lost the maons part charger to my lappy so not shore if anyone came across it in the car park or where we was parked in donny if you could pm me and i sort something out about getting it back

but other than losing my charger me and my dad had a great time and was pleased to put face's to all the names off the site

thanks for a great weekend away guys and ladies that was there

darren

colVR4
01-10-2006, 03:25 PM
An absolutely fantastic experience!! :D

I have been fretting a bit over the past week about the whole 'track' thing, but I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with my car.

So, my cherry is well and truly gone!! I would like to thank Andy in particular who was kind enough to let me follow him round the track for one of the sessions so that I could get the hang of things..cheers mate.

I just hope Becky was not too disappointed with having me as her driver in the first session whilst I was still learning.

Shame I couldn't stay for the main event in the evening, so I look forward to hearing all the stories and seeing all the incriminating photos.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the day and all those that turned up and joined in, it was great.

richy rich
01-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes as others have said the best meet with cvr4 so far the only way is up.

excellent evening do thanks rich that was :thumbsup:

i did 2 track sections thanks to Steve for the second time slot :thumbsup:

the down side is i killed my brakes its only when you are on track going flat out do you find that the ds2500s and national discs aren't up to the job.(but they have done about 20k miles)

coming from 110/115 mph to about 30mph lap after lap leaving the braking till the last minute. kills them but the best fun Ive had in my car since Ive had it.

and I'm p1ssed off i didn't get any vid footage. I pressed the button to start to record and i didn't push hard enough. /pan /pan /pan

a big thank you to every body that made the weekend what it was...

Physician
01-10-2006, 05:49 PM
uploaded/850/1159721363.jpg

RED
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
andy and marcus joined heath in the lawnmower club

Mmmm so I heard:smash: I shall be getting him to check my underbody very thoroughly tomorrow and if I find anything /catfight

colVR4
01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
To be fair, Andy's was not his fault as some muppet (you know who you are ;) ) overtook him at the old hairpin.

Nicely recovered though, just wish I had a video camera in my car to record it!!!

psbarham
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Mmmm so I heard:smash: I shall be getting him to check my underbody very thoroughly tomorrow and if I find anything /catfight
/JawDroppi http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Feelings/Cunning-Plan.gif

K9NG
01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
What another great weekend was nice to meet up with everyone and
have a few :chugchug:
Track action was good, realy enjoyed Donny /Steeringw
Believe Wouter enjoyed his Pax lap :anxious: in the Starlet..
Soraya enjoyed her first time at Donnington, in the wet :uhoh:

Thanks to Richard for organising the conference room,
Heaths party and "this is your life" was most amusing /Hyper

Look forward to the next event... (Mallory 21/10/06)

Kieran
01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
It was one of the best meets in ages. As Jane's said - the show itself wasn't amazing. And how they could say that they only had a 30 car stand space when all of the track around donny was unused.... /grr

But the evening was absolutely brilliant - It worked out really well and Thanks to Richard (Physician) for organising it! By the way Richard, I take it you're feeling a tad tender?! /Devil5

And let's see some of the incriminating pictures then! /Devil5

Alex
01-10-2006, 07:17 PM

Depends who they're incriminating........ :uhoh:

richy rich
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
It was one of the best meets in ages. As Jane's said - the show itself wasn't amazing. And how they could say that they only had a 30 car stand space when all of the track around donny was unused.... /grr

But the evening was absolutely brilliant - It worked out really well and Thanks to Richard (Physician) for organising it! By the way Richard, I take it you're feeling a tad tender?! /Devil5

the organisation of this event was sh1t

getting in to Donny people where paying for there tickets at the gate and no letting people with tickets though until 1 of the organisers decided to let us in the exit.

then things started to move.

and for track briefing and passenger bands was such a joke.

i lost about 5mins of track time because of bad organisation. /Hissy :furious3: :veryangry /Grrr

stuartturbo
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Had a great time loved the wet track
No longer a track virgin a few virginities were lost this weekend
It was nice to try and remember old faces i've met ( remebered some) and new faces
Hope i did not scare or bore my Suicide passengers.
The wife thanks you all and is sorry she could not speak to you all a bit more

Spirit
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Brilliant weekend........the best yet for CVR4 !

It's the people who make these things what they are, and CVR4 truly has some great people in it !

Some thank you's:

1: Everyone who turned up and made it an awesome weekend
2: Richard for organising the evening do
3: Everyone who made Hutch (from AP Motors) feel so welcome. He had a cracking time !
4: Barry and clan in Area 51 for an eventful couple of hours /grr /lol
5: Simon for doing the "This is Your Life" bit at short notice
6: Jane for the brilliant pix
7: Shaz for getting wet to get some video footage in the last session
8: Andy for organising the mugs

If I missed anyone out I apologise

Thank you all /grouphug

richy rich
01-10-2006, 07:36 PM
pete did you get me on vid in front of you pls pls pls

i didnt get any footage

Wouter
01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Boys and Girls for a fantastic weekend!!

A special thanks to Derek for letting my Kill the Saab's brakes, and the next time I go to a club meet I will have a proper car!! (Hmm.... what Mazda should I buy this time)

bradc
01-10-2006, 07:52 PM
you should buy something that starts in M like a mazda, but has a 4 at the end of it, not a 3 or a 6 :)

BraindG
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
and the next time I go to a club meet I will have a proper car!! (Hmm.... what Mazda should I buy this time)

/Banana /Banana /Banana /Banana

Wouter
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
"Maserati quattroporte"

Starts with a M, and has a 4 in it, all be it not in English!

bradc
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm not going to argue with that :)

If you buy a mazda you need to make it something good, like a series 7 RX-7 :)

MPBVr4
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Brilliant weekend ! Good to put some more faces to names. Thoroughly enjoyed the track sessions. I don't think I held up too many of you up. Felt much more confident this time having lost my cherry at Combe JF1. Thanks to Brunty for the on track entertainment - never seen a VR4 dance like that before :lipseal.

What a great car club for ALL the family! How many clubs could boast a fantastic evening like that - thanks of course to Rich for organising it but most
of all thanks to everbody for the friendly banter and great company:chugchug:

SGHOM
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
fantastic weekend as ever with CVR4. :guitarist the less said about 'area 51' the better. /Nuuu :lipseal /TTTH
From now on though.. the CVR4 babes are banned from all meets. eye candy or not, they were just a pain in the ar$e. :bigcry: Becky & Anna slept most of the time & never said anything to anyone, :lipseal & as for the gruesome twosome ?? the less said the better. they could not wait to get out of there. :o

richy rich
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
fantastic weekend as ever with CVR4. :guitarist the less said about 'area 51' the better. /Nuuu :lipseal /TTTH
From now on though.. the CVR4 babes are banned from all meets. eye candy or not, they were just a pain in the ar$e. :bigcry: Becky & Anna slept most of the time & never said anything to anyone, :lipseal & as for the gruesome twosome ?? the less said the better. they could not wait to get out of there. :o
i presume your not happy with them then D/Grrr

WildCards
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Great weekend as everyone has said. Thanks to all for making it possible. Despite not having a VR4 I still thoroughly enjoyed my track time with Jimbo, Simon and Mark, and for me, it was a very relaxed day not having a car or track time to worry about. It was good to see everyone, shame I wasn't drinking last night but I had to be up this morning, but good nonetheless.

Thanks to Mo for sorting me out :thumbsup: and thanks for all the well wishes, support and pi$$ taking. It means alot.

Alex
01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Steve - hope Kate did too, and that she hasn't been scarred for life by Kieran's antics :)

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Steve - hope Kate did too, and that she hasn't been scarred for life by Kieran's antics :)

I behaved myself all night, dear! My hands never left my arms! ;) /Devil5

Alex
01-10-2006, 09:55 PM
/Devil5
I behaved myself all night, dear!

That's nice.

I didn't /Devil5

The Vee
01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Can't add much to what has already been said, but it was a very special weekend. Mrs Vee even enjoyed the lawn mowing bit, even though there were a few early cusses from moi!! colVR4, you're welcome, and it's fair to say, I wasn't unduly hanging round, some of your corner driftwork was most impressive:thumbsup: Thanks to everyone who attended for making it so good and all the hard work by the organisers.

Physician
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Well, I fear I'm only going to reiterate what others have already said.

We really do have an exceptionally friendly Club built up by Barry and others of which we should all be proud. The turn out at both Donington and later at the hotel was impressive and a big thanks to everyone who attended.

As for myself .......

As some of you know already, I have not had a serious drink for many years. From a somewhat addled memory I think I had six pints of Cider between 5.30 until 7.30 in the downstairs bar. I only drank one more pint between 7.30 and 11.45.

For many years of staying in hotels around the world I can recollect having the ability to chat up some lovely girls and subsequently inviting them back to my room (for coffee). I'm ashamed to say that I screwed up big time after only two pints ...... Steve (Brunty) was about to leave to go back to Birmingham when I suggested he could have the spare bed in my room. After all these years it's got to the point that all I can pick up is guys! Well, at least he was handsome ....... and very gentle with me! But gawd - does he snore! (I bet most of you thought there was a big thunderstorm in the night ...... wrong, it was Brunty.)

What most of you didn't see was that when I stood up in the downstairs bar to move upstairs ......... my legs wouldn't work properly. The left leg wanted to go sideways (crab-like) and the right leg wanted to go backwards. I was carrying a full pint and when I reached the bottom of the stairs I had to sit down on an empty seat close to a small group of other customers. It was at this point that I realised my mouth wouldn't work properly either. One guy sitting next to me asked if he could help me and took my pint off me and placed it on the table in front of me - which I couldn't see. I thanked him ...... along the lines of, "kind you very that's of". I think I bored them about VR4's for five minutes and they even offered to carry my pint upstairs for me when I decided to have another go. However, this may not have been a purely polite gesture - they were sitting underneath the open plan stairs after all.

For the rest of the evening, Brunty kept pestering me with "do you want to go to bed yet?" Whenever I got my camera out, Barry tried to get in the frame. Everyone suggested I eat something - wonder why? Heath kept asking me where his present from me was. Some prat asked me what sort of car I drove ........ "A VR4 of course." Later on it dawned on me that he meant saloon or Legnum.

Oh, and something is wrong with my nose!

Thanks for a great time one and all ................

Alex
01-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Sounds like you're doing well to have remembered all of that Richard!

It's all part of the fun if you drink to much to walk / talk / think straight anyway. Hope you didn't suffer too much for it in the morning anyway :thumbsup:

tig202
01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Rich, it was an houner and a pleasure to finally catch up with you bro!
Big thumbs up for your vid to the hotel.... the RAC route planner was not even close!

pezza
02-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Am extremely gutted that I missed, by what I gathered, viewing the sessions on what was one of the best tracks visited so far! I have always liked this track from the TOCA game from yesteryear.

My car let me down and delayed me .. but hey such is life...:bigcry:

The evening gathering made up for some of this however, altho I am sure I missed many of you who made it on time..

Where are all the pix and vidi footage? Did anyone get any?

What about convoy footage?

I counted 18 VR4s/galants in the hotel car park that night too. I must say I agree with Wodjies comment that the white leggies looked fantastic in the dark! :thumbsup:

AHHH just seen the pix in other thread!

tig202
02-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Where are all the pix and vidi footage? Did anyone get any?

I have been trying to get the 3rd session uploaded tonight but time has beaten me to it!

I must say I agree with Wodjies comment that the white leggies looked fantastic in the dark! :thumbsup:

:pimp2: :pimp2: Cheers bud!

Physician
02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Rich, it was an houner and a pleasure to finally catch up with you bro!
Big thumbs up for your vid to the hotel.... the RAC route planner was not even close!

Thankyou sir!

Nice chatting whilst I was still sober ........... 'ish. :thumbsup:

WildCards
02-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Well, I fear I'm only going to reiterate what others have already said.

We really do have an exceptionally friendly Club built up by Barry and others of which we should all be proud. The turn out at both Donington and later at the hotel was impressive and a big thanks to everyone who attended.

As for myself .......

As some of you know already, I have not had a serious drink for many years. From a somewhat addled memory I think I had six pints of Cider between 5.30 until 7.30 in the downstairs bar. I only drank one more pint between 7.30 and 11.45.

For many years of staying in hotels around the world I can recollect having the ability to chat up some lovely girls and subsequently inviting them back to my room (for coffee). I'm ashamed to say that I screwed up big time after only two pints ...... Steve (Brunty) was about to leave to go back to Birmingham when I suggested he could have the spare bed in my room. After all these years it's got to the point that all I can pick up is guys! Well, at least he was handsome ....... and very gentle with me! But gawd - does he snore! (I bet most of you thought there was a big thunderstorm in the night ...... wrong, it was Brunty.)

What most of you didn't see was that when I stood up in the downstairs bar to move upstairs ......... my legs wouldn't work properly. The left leg wanted to go sideways (crab-like) and the right leg wanted to go backwards. I was carrying a full pint and when I reached the bottom of the stairs I had to sit down on an empty seat close to a small group of other customers. It was at this point that I realised my mouth wouldn't work properly either. One guy sitting next to me asked if he could help me and took my pint off me and placed it on the table in front of me - which I couldn't see. I thanked him ...... along the lines of, "kind you very that's of". I think I bored them about VR4's for five minutes and they even offered to carry my pint upstairs for me when I decided to have another go. However, this may not have been a purely polite gesture - they were sitting underneath the open plan stairs after all.

For the rest of the evening, Brunty kept pestering me with "do you want to go to bed yet?" Whenever I got my camera out, Barry tried to get in the frame. Everyone suggested I eat something - wonder why? Heath kept asking me where his present from me was. Some prat asked me what sort of car I drove ........ "A VR4 of course." Later on it dawned on me that he meant saloon or Legnum.

Oh, and something is wrong with my nose!

Thanks for a great time one and all ................

Blody pi$$head, I thought you were disgraceful and I'll be telling your daughters all about it when I see them tonight. Although it was good of you to offer me your car for a week or two while i've not got one, i'll be round about 6:30ish to pick it up is that alright?

Brunty
02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks to Brunty for the on track entertainment - never seen a VR4 dance like that before :lipseal.

It's easily done if you don't know what you're doing.

Certainly highlights for me were:

running a properly functioning VR4 under those conditions as it's taken a long time to get my AYC working and learning how the AYC should be used - cheers PSB
meeting and sharing a drink with a number of club members, many for the first time
PSB's lad counting about 25 sweets out of his pockets, some in wrappers, some without wrappers, some half eaten! Bet doing the laundry was fun when you got back

Low points were:

Embarrassed that I spun on the track
Twice
Kieran posting in this thread that I like booty? WTF??

Great day thanks to all who made it so much fun :smartass2

orionn2o
02-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi guys,

Great to meet loads of you at the weekend, I have loads of pics but am on a course all week so can't post them til the weekend, shame I missed the evening activity but unfortunately I had work stuff to do!!

Next time i'll make sure i'm more available!

Matt

Lillywotsername
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi guys,

Great to meet loads of you at the weekend, I have loads of pics but am on a course all week so can't post them til the weekend, shame I missed the evening activity but unfortunately I had work stuff to do!!

Next time i'll make sure i'm more available!

Matt
Really nice to meet you as well Matt...and your Mum and Dad of coarse.

It is always nice to put a face to the name :thumbsup:

orionn2o
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah they had a good day out too, I had promised my Dad i'd take him to one of the events this year and my mum fancied a day out too.

All the other events this year, i've been out with a convoy of my mates in their motors so this one was slightly different!

SGHOM
02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
It is always nice to put a face to the name :thumbsup:

^^^ which one was he ?? :speechles :thinking: :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

Lillywotsername
02-10-2006, 05:18 PM
^^^ which one was he ?? :speechles :thinking: :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
Really blond, young looking guy with his Mum and Dad..... Was parked in behind PSB in the morning before they all started juggling around

colVR4
02-10-2006, 06:10 PM
We need some members pictures with names again.

I'm forgetting half of them already!!

Jimbo
02-10-2006, 07:55 PM
We need some members pictures with names again.

I'm forgetting half of them already!!

And you were...? Only kidding Col, enjoyed our 3rd track session together, that was great fun :)

Had another fantastic weekend, it was great to catch up with you all again. I hope I didn't embaress myself too much in the evenings.....or hell, even in the day with my so-called driving!!. Glad we gave Heath a really good do and big well done to Simon for doing the Eamonn Holmes thing Saturday night, brilliant stuff! Well done to all the organisers and to every single last person who made the trek. Serious comedown today back at work.....can we do it all again tomorrow purleeeze?

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Absolutely cracking weekend /YMaster

Absolutely loved the track, not exceptionally hard to learn but enough to keep you bust.(? sorry ! that should've been busy ) Some great sweeping down and up hill sections /Elmo Oh Yes ! And a Nice right hand bend hidden over the top of a crest :sick2: Best i should have a little look at a track layout before i go on for the first time in future :undecided :laugh:
Very entertaining in the wet :dizzy2: With Dry lines, Damp lines, Greasy lines, Wet lines and Monsoon lines /Devil5
Had a few hick ups with the car but it lasted the day.. Unfortunately it never made it home under it's own steam, and like PetesBro(White Lightning) ended up traveling home on the back of a Flat Bed :(
Many Many thanks to Andy(The Vee) for trying to help me get things sorted /GJ .. But to no avail ! And his continued efforts today, as we were working on the car most the afternoon trying to trace the problem. :smash:

Still a great weekend, muchly enjoyed with a beer or 2 added in for good measure. Thanks to all who participated and made it such an awesome meet. /thankyou /Wyhy
Heres to JF2 :smoking: :5shots: Edit ! Part Deux !!

colVR4
02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your woes Glenn. Hope its nothing too expensive!!

soapy1978
02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
great weekend as i said before i made it all he way home without and cutting out or anything so once i got close to home i give the car what it wanted a big right foot on the go pedal and she went like a dream and then the engine light came on and stayed on thought o what have i done now but i pulled up on the side of the road and turned her off and left her for tn minute checked all i could think of started her up and no light and she been running great ever sine so i think the utting i had was sh*t fuel as once i refilled her he has been great ever snce so clutch to do then she going round that next track day as be in the pax of nutter john and stuarturbo give me the time of my life and now it my turn to drive thanks again guys for the pax's

darren

Jimbo
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Very entertaining in the wet :dizzy2: With Dry lines, Damp lines, Greasy lines, Wet lines and Monsoon lines /Devil5

You just reminded me of my absolute favourite moment from the weekend out of 1000's of crackers.....chasing Col, Heath and Stu out of Coppice and stealing a look in my review to see your Silver estate hurtle round the corner and slide left and right a few meters (at least twice in both directions) before powering forward.....magic moment sir!

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 08:40 PM
You just reminded me of my absolute favourite moment from the weekend out of 1000's of crackers.....chasing Col, Heath and Stu out of Coppice and stealing a look in my review to see your Silver estate hurtle round the corner and slide left and right a few meters (at least twice in both directions) before powering forward.....magic moment sir!

Thankyou Sir :2thumbsup

And talking of Favourite track moments :) Mine had to be racing down to the chicane with Pete about 70meters ahead. /Steeringw I'm looking right at his tail, when he let's of the loud pedal and hits the brakes to slow down for the Chicane and "WOW" Not 1, Not 2 but 3 Flames am i treated to out of his exhaust. /yes/JawDroppi :evil2: As excess fuel gets dumped into it . The first 2 flames were about a couple of feet long :happy: But the 3rd Must've been 2m's out the rear /Hyper /Banana
If only my Bullet Cam hadn't have given up the Ghost on the Journey down :sad3: It would've made AWESOME footage /yes

Physician
02-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Gawd ........ not you as well Glenn. Any idea at all what the problem is?

Hope it's sorted soon.

Kieran
02-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Hope it's sorted soon.

Ditto!

As a spectator, Glenn's car is the most distinctive Legnum.... It's the sound! The exhaust note sounds like a Jet on takeoff power!:2thumbsup

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Ditto!

As a spectator, Glenn's car is the most distinctive Legnum.... It's the sound! The exhaust note sounds like a Jet on takeoff power!:2thumbsup:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
I've Never Heard it /catfight I've had many People comment on it's sound, but have never yet heard it in all it's Glory :huh2:
The closest i 've been to hearing it a t full Thwap ! Is when me and the Vee swapped cars and he blatted by me in it ! But i've never heard it from a Spectators point of hearing ! 1 day i'll get up the courage to let someone else drive my car on track and standby and watch /dunce:uhoh2: :sick: :vulcan:

The Vee
02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
:! 1 day i'll get up the courage to let someone else drive my car on track and standby and watch /dunce:uhoh2: :sick: :vulcan:

;) /Devil5

soapy1978
02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
I've Never Heard it /catfight I've had many People comment on it's sound, but have never yet heard it in all it's Glory :huh2:
The closest i 've been to hearing it a t full Thwap ! Is when me and the Vee swapped cars and he blatted by me in it ! But i've never heard it from a Spectators point of hearing ! 1 day i'll get up the courage to let someone else drive my car on track and standby and watch /dunce:uhoh2: :sick: :vulcan:

i'll driv it for you but only in a striaght line i not want to buy a new one for you if i bend it at a corner

bt i guessing there more peopl out there you will trust more than me or just let the misses have a go round the track one time

darren

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM

Hope it's sorted soon.

Not really.. Though The Vee and Myself have now come to a conclusion :d

We thinks the problem is related to the car :lipsrseal

Physician
02-10-2006, 10:05 PM
We thinks the problem is related to the car :lipsrseal

Damn ........ that sucks big time. From the info posted I was thinking along the same lines :embarasse

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Damn ........ that sucks big time. From the info posted I was thinking along the same lines :embarasse

Maybe You, Andy and Myself should start up our own Vr4 Diagnosis Company :deal2: :laugh:

Physician
02-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Exactly the same issue ........ so I asked one of the guys who do the briefings (racing driver) to drive mine for me whilst I took a video. He used to have a VR4 and so knew how to play with it.

Physician
02-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Maybe You, Andy and Myself should start up our own Vr4 Diagnosis Company :deal2: :laugh:

In competition with WRD?

OK, that should be interesting .......... /STP

Spirit
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Glenn

Sorry to hear of your problems mate.........hope you manage to diagnose and sort it soon.

Are you sure those flames were from me ? I did not know I ever had any, and don't recall any pops from the back end.......but now I'm gutted they weren't filmed :bigcry:

A favourite for me was in the wet session when I was having a laugh with Hutch in the car, and then I see you closing in and snaking past me with your arse end twitching around........and Hutch says "who's that f**king nutter" /lol "Oh, that's Glenn taking it easy" I reply :uhoh:

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Glenn

Sorry to hear of your problems mate.........hope you manage to diagnose and sort it soon.

Are you sure those flames were from me ? I did not know I ever had any, and don't recall any pops from the back end.......but now I'm gutted they weren't filmed :bigcry:

A favourite for me was in the wet session when I was having a laugh with Hutch in the car, and then I see you closing in and snaking past me with your arse end twitching around........and Hutch says "who's that f**king nutter" /lol "Oh, that's Glenn taking it easy" I reply :uhoh:

It was Definitely you Pete :thumbsup: So gutted i never got it on Cam :bigcry: Best Flamers i ever saw /JawDroppi

Spirit
02-10-2006, 11:10 PM
It was Definitely you Pete :thumbsup: So gutted i never got it on Cam :bigcry: Best Flamers i ever saw /JawDroppi

OMG.......not sure if I should be worried now.....especially as I have no flamer kit fitted !

Suddenly I feel the need to try and reproduce this.....with a cam recording it :laugh:

Wodjno
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
OMG.......not sure if I should be worried now.....especially as I have no flamer kit fitted !

Suddenly I feel the need to try and reproduce this.....with a cam recording it :laugh:
I never saw it again Pete ! Just the once.. !

Maybe you gave it an extra quick blip on the throttle just before hitting the brakes and that dumped the excess fuel in /Steeringw

Rear mounted Bullet Cam here we come :thumbsup:

colVR4
02-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I was thinking about a rear mounted bullet cam only this morning. Rearward looking camera would be awesome for the 'chase' footage.

bradc
03-10-2006, 07:34 AM
If you guys get any more cams going you'll be able to make your own car chase movies :)

BraindG
03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
I was thinking about this aswell, and i recon the bullet cam i have would fit into the spoiler... i never got round to it though.. but recon it is possible,

pezza
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Anyone get any M1 convoy or track vidi footage? *eager eager*

Hmm just seen my hotel survey email.... now what should I reply with? /Hmmm

Spirit
03-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Track footage is in the video forum Pezza

pezza
03-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Track footage is in the video forum Pezza

Yup, altho I am patiently waiting to be re-instated :thinking: :D

Spirit
03-10-2006, 05:20 PM

Have you coughed the dough mate ?

bernmc
03-10-2006, 05:21 PM

Rats. Thought you'd been excommunicated :|:evilgrin:

pezza
03-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Have you coughed the dough mate ?

There shuld be an email waiting for you from paypal.....:anxious:

psbarham
03-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Certainly highlights for me were:

running a properly functioning VR4 under those conditions as it's taken a long time to get my AYC working and learning how the AYC should be used - cheers PSB
meeting and sharing a drink with a number of club members, many for the first time
PSB's lad counting about 25 sweets out of his pockets, some in wrappers, some without wrappers, some half eaten! Bet doing the laundry was fun when you got back

Low points were:
[LIST]
Embarrassed that I spun on the track
Twice
not a problem Steve , in fact it was good to get out on the track again (shame it was the wrong side of the carhttp://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/smilies/bigcry.gif), aah jacks hording techniques , they are infamous round here , should see under the seat of his scoot along tractor http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/smilies/shocked2.gif as for spinning , well theres no shame in pushing the car to its limits , at least you found the limits on the safety of the track rather than the public highway , although i WILL point out that both times you span was without my supervision , so at least it proves you did listen on the first session ........breifly , now go and put your foot down you big poooofffhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Thats-Funneh.gif

Spirit
03-10-2006, 10:25 PM
There shuld be an email waiting for you from paypal.....:anxious:

Ok, got the payment - will re-activate you mate :happy:

Wodjno
03-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok, got the payment - will re-activate you mate :happy:

Pete .. Any chance of uploading Vid from Session 3 ? And an uneditedd version of Session 1 :smoking:

I've now watched session 2 4 times :dizzy2:

Session 1 only once ! Nice that edited is ! Unedited is better /YMaster

tig202
03-10-2006, 10:44 PM
I have posted a vid from session 3 but I think Barry is having probs trying to find it:anxious:

Spirit
03-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Pete .. Any chance of uploading Vid from Session 3 ? And an uneditedd version of Session 1 :smoking:

I've now watched session 2 4 times :dizzy2:

Session 1 only once ! Nice that edited is ! Unedited is better /YMaster

Yes mate, but not at the moment.....I am in Blackpool all week with work and the Archos is at home :(

Wodjno
03-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes mate, but not at the moment.....I am in Blackpool all week with work and the Archos is at home :(

No worries Pete .. :D

Will have to wait then :(

Wodjno
03-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I have posted a vid from session 3 but I think Barry is having probs trying to find it:anxious:

Sounds like your as good as me with computers :vogel:

BraindG
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
ive got the video, its just I cant get it working :thumbsdow :rolleyes3 the URLs not working.

HJM
03-10-2006, 11:16 PM
I am just watching Heaths vids now /Nuuu

J :)

Wodjno
03-10-2006, 11:33 PM

Lawnmower Man ??

Or he lets you watch his porn stash:thinking2

Physician
04-10-2006, 01:23 AM

On the subject of Heath .........

My wife is in charge of turning the pages of the VR4 Calendar. She said to me today, "Now that is the best VR4 photo I've ever seen (October). You can tell he's a really good driver."

"How?" I asked.

"Because the car is bending so much as he goes around the corner."

Yea, right! :undecided

Of course, I totally agree with her.

HJM
04-10-2006, 06:49 AM
On the subject of Heath .........

My wife is in charge of turning the pages of the VR4 Calendar. She said to me today, "Now that is the best VR4 photo I've ever seen (October). You can tell he's a really good driver."

"How?" I asked.

"Because the car is bending so much as he goes around the corner."

Yea, right! :undecided

Of course, I totally agree with her.

/haz /haz

Although I do agree it is the best VR4 photo - although I may be a tad biased :thumbsup:

J:)

HJM
04-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Be nice to me I'm old and fragile now :jester:

That shot reminds me of a particularly good day at Snetterton with Jimbo and Simon, who I had to lend money to to buy more fuel, which they used very quickly at the end of the day :chugchug:

H

Jimbo
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Be nice to me I'm old and fragile now :jester:

That shot reminds me of a particularly good day at Snetterton with Jimbo and Simon, who I had to lend money to to buy more fuel, which they used very quickly at the end of the day :chugchug:

H

LOL yes. £20 quid apiece/notworthy but it lasted about 6 laps!!!!!!

Blimey, that was this time last year Heath - is it just me or does it not seem much longer ago?

bigsed
04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I have always been an admirer of the VR4 and it was great to see so many @ japfest2, particularly to see them blasting round the track!
It looks like you have a great club and some quality motors in it, keep up the good work :d

Physician
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I have always been an admirer of the VR4 and it was great to see so many @ japfest2, particularly to see them blasting round the track!
It looks like you have a great club and some quality motors in it, keep up the good work :d

Thanks buddy ........ wanna buy one and join up? lol ......:happy:

Jimbo
04-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Nice of you to take the trouble to come on and say those kind words bigsed, much appreciated :)

Spirit
04-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice of you to take the trouble to come on and say those kind words bigsed, much appreciated :)

What he said :2thumbsup:

bigsed
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks buddy ........ wanna buy one and join up? lol ......:happy:

I am seriously tempted! Maybe in the spring once the weather starts to improve.... :d