PDA

View Full Version : Manual Gearbox

enigma
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Nick is now the proud owner of a manual gearbox, unfortunately he wont be using it for a while as you need both legs for a manual box :lipseal

Nutter_John
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
According to Derek last night you need three legs for a manual :D

bradc
01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
and according to Dan_G, just call me tripod :)

Is the plan to fit the manual box to Nick's car as soon as possible? I've just had mine converted to a manual recently :)

Kieran
01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Nick is now the proud owner of a prehistoric spakker-box

Don't worry Dave, I corrected your mistake - anyone could've made it....

Nick Mann
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
It will be fitted to my car, but I'm not sure when?

Both legs indeed....... /TTTH

Well, I intend to run the car in the same trim before and after at the pod, to see what difference it makes. Then we'll see if people can take the p!$$ or not!!

enigma
01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Both legs indeed....... /TTTH

/Nuuu

quote of the day

"Can you lift the engine and box, its crushing my leg"

No Nick, you are a fat ba$t@rd and you have snapped the rope!

BraindG
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
uh-oh.. that doesnt sound good.. what happened?

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Are you ok nick

enigma
01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
uh-oh.. that doesnt sound good.. what happened?

We were lifting the engine and box free, having removed the slam panel etc with Mr Grinder when we noticed we needed 0.00005mm extra clearance to get the transfer case clear of the rack. Nick jumped up on to the bulkhead and bounced on the transfer case........this pushed the rope to breaking point and Nick, the Engine gearbox and tranfer case fell 6-8 inches. Nicks bouncing leg helped keep the engine from damaging the firewall by providing a soft cushion between the back engine mount and the turbo. Although he might not feel it, he was quite lucky!

The neighbors must have wondered what was going on when they saw 2 blokes hobbing across the pub car park carrying a gearbox when we finally released it.

PS the prybar method is gay, get a slide hammer on the n/s driveshaft to release the transfer box...............

Nick Mann
01-10-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm okay! If a fat bast@rd! LOL!

As we were lifting, the t/f box was fouling on the steering rack. I decided that pushing on the t/f box with my foot would help clearance at the front of the engine. /duh

I believe the expression is 'Soft Tissue Injury' - no broken bones, just a couple of big bruises and a limp! I think the more appropriate expression is 'A Severe Case Of Idiot Rash'. :p

richy rich
01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
you would of found it much easier if you put the engine gear box and tran box on a trolley and lifted the shell of and pulled the lot out.

sh1t nick you where lucky mate.

bradc
01-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Thats what we did Richy, then pulled the transfer case and gearbox off the engine

enigma
02-10-2006, 07:12 AM
you would of found it much easier if you put the engine gear box and tran box on a trolley and lifted the shell of and pulled the lot out.

sh1t nick you where lucky mate.

Couldn't lift the shell as it has no wheels or suspension. It would have just collapsed on to the drive. It was easy enough to lift out and only took a couple of mins. /yes

richy rich
02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Couldn't lift the shell as it has no wheels or suspension. It would have just collapsed on to the drive. It was easy enough to lift out and only took a couple of mins. /yes
oky doky