PDA

View Full Version : Club VR-4 Widow's other halves meet!

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay, so that we blokes don't hijack the Widow thread too much, let's have our own thread. We can burn our bras too, you know! /Devil5

So, Weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November, Nick Mann is being displaced from Mann Mannor and needs to seek refuge from incessant conversations about knitting, nail polish and hair straighteners../nag /nag /nag /Nuuu

So far, suggestions have been Steve's place or Richy's place, for a weekend of car fiddling and ringing up various financial institutions to report our other half's credit/debit cards as being stolen! /Devil5

So - Who's up for doing something, where and what?

I'll provisionally put in interested parties here, and we can sort the rest once we know who's coming.

Interested Parties:

1. Nick Mann
2. Richy Rich
3. Kieran
4. WildCards
5. Tig202
6. Adam (Richy Rich Junior)
7. Axeboy (provisionally)

Alex
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Keep up Kieran!

Lilly and I have sorted it. You're all going to Richie's.

(Thanks for not hijacking our thread though)

tig202
01-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Its all local to me bro so count me in!!

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:55 PM
See people? See how my life works?! I don't get a say in it! /duh :embarasse:

Next I'll be given a rota with my toilet breaks for the day!:toilet: /TTTH

:soapbox: I AM NOT A NUMBER!!!

Nick Mann
01-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Anyone fancy changing my gearbox? (Again?!)

Kieran

You're on the list bud!:guitarist

richy rich
cool

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:57 PM

You just enjoy pain, don't you?! /pan

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Ive suggested this on the widows thread so I'm in and we can do a how to /Banana

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
richy rich junior (adam) as well K

Kieran
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
richy rich junior (adam) as well K

Okie Dokie! Added!

Axeboy
01-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I might be up for this...

Please confirm the deates tho Kieran... what month... as the dates youve given dont match my computers clock... hmmmmmmmmmm!

richy rich
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM

Please confirm the deates tho Kieran... what month... as the dates youve given dont match my computers clock... hmmmmmmmmmm!
november

Kieran
01-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Arse! Feck! :embarasse :oops: Thanks Scott!

That was Alex's fault! /pan

Saturday 25th And Sunday 26th November.

bradc
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Nick - converting to a manual is a hard job, installing the pedals and running the shifter cables through the firewall is suitable for microscopic people only.

Alex
01-10-2006, 10:15 PM
That was Alex's fault! /pan

As much as I hate to admit it..... Yes, that was my fault, my bad. I'm sorry :bigcry:

richy rich
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Nick - converting to a manual is a hard job, installing the pedals and running the shifter cables through the firewall is suitable for microscopic people only.
brad the cables must take the same route as the auto or am i wrong.

yes i now it is 2 not 1 but i would have thought the hole in the fire wall will be big enough to have 2 cables and in that case attach the new to the old and pull though.

or even a put 2 pull cords though when taking out the old 1.

KiwiTT
01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
See people? See how my life works?! I don't get a say in it! /duh :embarasse:

Next I'll be given a rota with my toilet breaks for the day!:toilet: /TTTH

:soapbox: I AM NOT A NUMBER!!!Someone needs to be in-charge - Right Alex.

Alex: How's the Italian Holiday plans going to get those new Bathroom and Kitchen tiles. It will be Winter soon, so it won't be much fun then.

Kieran
01-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Someone needs to be in-charge - Right Alex.

Alex: How's the Italian Holiday plans going to get those new Bathroom and Kitcken tiles. It will be Winter soon, so it won't be much fun then.

Me and you need to have words, Richard! /grr /pan

bradc
01-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I found the difficult part was needing to pull apart most of the dash to actually get to the cables and to pull them out and to undo the little metal cover that sits on the firewall.

Alex
01-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Someone needs to be in-charge - Right Alex.

Alex: How's the Italian Holiday plans going to get those new Bathroom and Kitchen tiles. It will be Winter soon, so it won't be much fun then.

Someone IS in charge - K just forgets it sometimes /Nuuu

As for the Italian holiday, it's looking increasingly like a round the world cruise! I was thinking of different themes for each room in the house, complete with authentic decor. It'll be well worth it :sunny:

KiwiTT
01-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Me and you need to have words, Richard! /grr /panI thought that was deal when you got all those toys from Japan. It's only fair.:p

richy rich
01-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I found the difficult part was needing to pull apart most of the dash to actually get to the cables and to pull them out and to undo the little metal cover that sits on the firewall.
we removed and put back all of nicks interior in a day so a bit of dash well not get in the way lol

Axeboy
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I should be able to go to this one... my car might be ready... maybe :)

Lillywotsername
02-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Sorry Guys.... Didn't see that you had actually got yourselves organised and started you own thread.

There is a question for Steve ( Wildcards) on the widows thread..

Just to add......

I will be making curry for whoever....so you don't have to panic about food.

If it makes it through to Saturday.... that will be down to whoever is here Friday night/pan

WildCards
02-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Better chalk me up for a two night stayover then Rich.

ritch_w
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
where is the meet (location)?

richy rich
09-10-2006, 10:41 PM
stoke on trent

gdelargy
10-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Hummm...

My Sports GT needs the clutch done quite urgently now, and now that the car's through its MOT for very little expenditure, I have a lot of spare cash set aside. I was thinking of booking it in to WRD at some point in the future (the logic being that while its miles away from me, it'd benefit "the club", and would also give me a 250 mile bedding-in drive back to Glasgow once it was fitted).

Would that weekend be a bad time to get the work done, i.e. everyone 'aving a larf and not wanting to do serious car maintenance? Normally I wouldn't consider a mini-meet so far away, but if I can combine it with the clutch work I'm definitely game.

G

richy rich
10-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Hummm...

My Sports GT needs the clutch done quite urgently now, and now that the car's through its MOT for very little expenditure, I have a lot of spare cash set aside. I was thinking of booking it in to WRD at some point in the future (the logic being that while its miles away from me, it'd benefit "the club", and would also give me a 250 mile bedding-in drive back to Glasgow once it was fitted).

Would that weekend be a bad time to get the work done, i.e. everyone 'aving a larf and not wanting to do serious car maintenance? Normally I wouldn't consider a mini-meet so far away, but if I can combine it with the clutch work I'm definitely game.

G
G

you can come down but i think most of the weekend will be doing nicks gearbox change.

rich

Nick Mann
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Don't count on my gearbox change happening then! I have got to sort out money to buy a new clutch, plus possibly reconditioning the gearbox on the way. My gearbox change can wait!

richy rich
10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
ok then im up for tinkering with any car and a few larfs so bring it on/Banana /Banana

ritch_w
10-10-2006, 01:13 PM
250 miles.... hmmm...... put me down as a possibility too - will depend on what happens house wise with me whether i'll have the free time or not.

Axeboy
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Aye, Stoke aint far, used to drive down every week...

Nick Mann
16-11-2006, 05:43 PM
BOING!

No money for a new clutch means my manual conversion is not happening yet. I will probably to an internediate service, but I also want to try and track down an AYC fault that is really bugging me!

So who else is going and what else are we doing?

Lillywotsername
16-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I think Richy is hoping for at least a few bevvies down the pub ( and stagger home when you get kicked out:5shots: :5shots: ) and depending on what time you guys get finished saturday he said something about maybe going bowling or summut..... I don't know..... Best wait for the boss to get up.

I know that it will be Nick, Steve ( wildcards) kieren on Friday and I think gdelergy is down saturday for his clutch.

Kieran
16-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Mitsubishi ordered the wrong CV boot for Ariadne (/Grrr /pan ), so I won't have anything to do myself, as I won't be bringing her!! - the Golf's just been fixed and I only fiddle with that when I NEED to!! Going to the pub and maybe something else sounds like a cracking idea!:5shots::2thumbsup

richy rich
16-11-2006, 08:19 PM
hi all i might be doing a clutch for gdelergy but other than that im just out for tinkering and chatting and may be doing wildcards dads brakes.

so just :5shots: :5shots: and talking sh1t is fine with me.

Nick Mann
16-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Sounds good! Skittles with beer is always good - I am better when I am half-cut!!

Rich - any chance of bedding? It appears that Vicky has loaned out everything I can bring to the widows!! /pan

Lillywotsername
16-11-2006, 09:31 PM
We should have plenty of bedding Nick..... Might end up with a sleeping bag but should have enough for all.

Kieran
17-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I'll bung a sleeping bag and a blow up mattress in the car too. Looking forward to it! Should I bring a crate.... Just, y'know, incase we dry up? ;) /Devil5

richy rich
17-11-2006, 08:41 AM
I'll bung a sleeping bag and a blow up mattress in the car too. Looking forward to it! Should I bring a crate.... Just, y'know, incase we dry up? ;) /Devil5
yes please bring some drinks peaps because money is a bit tight at the mo.

Kieran
17-11-2006, 10:42 AM
yes please bring some drinks peaps because money is a bit tight at the mo.
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :beerchug:

WildCards
17-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't go anywhere without beer.

I'll pack a 24 pack, a sleeping bag and a change of pants :2thumbsup:

richy rich
17-11-2006, 10:58 AM
:2thumbsup good cos ive not got pants for you /haz

WildCards
17-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Not enough room in yours anyway mate

richy rich
17-11-2006, 11:05 AM
what you saying youve got a big ass

WildCards
17-11-2006, 11:14 AM
what you saying youve got a big ass

You've just put back years of treatment Richy

richy rich
17-11-2006, 11:39 AM
good get back in to that strait jacket /pan

gdelargy
17-11-2006, 02:43 PM
We should have plenty of bedding Nick..... Might end up with a sleeping bag but should have enough for all.

Oooh, right... I was going to log on to t'interweb and get a B&B nearby. Should I just pack some blankets up and spend my accommodation money on extra alkee-hol?

G

WildCards
17-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Cool, would be good to me you G.

Lillywotsername
17-11-2006, 09:31 PM
All are welcome to stay here..... I am going to do my best to sort out 4 spare beds/matrasses. I have 2 single beds and have 2 single bed matrasses up for grabs and an air bed if needed. Plus there is always 2 sofas to crash on if your legs just cant make it up the stairs, being that there is going to be so much beer getting drunk.:5shots: :5shots: :5shots:
Just make sure you enjoy your selves:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :iloveyou:

Kieran
17-11-2006, 09:45 PM
All are welcome to stay here..... I am going to do my best to sort out 4 spare beds/matrasses. I have 2 single beds and have 2 single bed matrasses up for grabs and an air bed if needed. Plus there is always 2 sofas to crash on if your legs just cant make it up the stairs, being that there is going to be so much beer getting drunk.:5shots: :5shots: :5shots:
Just make sure you enjoy your selves:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :iloveyou:

:2thumbsup Coolio!

Richy - do you want any tools bringing, or are we gonna be okay? I'm thinking there's not going to be that much car meddling? :undecided

richy rich
17-11-2006, 09:57 PM
:2thumbsup Coolio!

Richy - do you want any tools bringing, or are we gonna be okay? I'm thinking there's not going to be that much car meddling? :undecided
if you'd like to bring some do but we do have most that we need.

ok all that are coming ive got a clutch change booked in know i dont what to charge gdelargy for doing this job if all of us do it. but will if i do it myself.

so can i have a show of hands for doing this.

WildCards
17-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I think i'll be busy on the brakes, but i'll help if I can, being as technically minded as I am of course.

Nick Mann
17-11-2006, 11:14 PM
I have a couple of tinkering jobs that will keep me busy elsewhere. But I will lend a hand if required!

Lillywotsername
18-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Richy has had a brain wave as to activities......

How do you boys fancy paint balling on the sunday? If I could have a show of hands as will need to get it booked if you are interested.

Please bare in mind that it is a "contact" sport and you will come out of it with more than a couple of bruises.

Just let me know and will see what I can do for you all:iloveyou:

Yippee... just seen that this is my 1000th post..... who said that the widows will get bored of posting eventually!!!!!!!!

WildCards
18-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Cool

congrats on the post

Kieran
18-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Richy has had a brain wave as to activities......

How do you boys fancy paint balling on the sunday? If I could have a show of hands as will need to get it booked if you are interested.

Please bare in mind that it is a "contact" sport and you will come out of it with more than a couple of bruises.

Just let me know and will see what I can do for you all:iloveyou:

Paint balling Rocks! Yeah, put me down for some of that! I'll pack my heavy clothes!

Axeboy
18-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Was hoping to make this one, but i dont get my car back till next Saturday...

Booooo!

WildCards
18-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Was hoping to make this one, but i dont get my car back till next Saturday...

Booooo!

Get the train you homo, or just use another car

Axeboy
18-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll consider bringing the focai... in shame, but much cheapness.

Lillywotsername
18-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Been on to a couple of paint balling places and the best price is £20 per head for half a day ( 12.30 - 4pm) which includes 200 balls. Nearest place is about 10 mins down the road.
They do an all dayer for £35 but that is 9.30 till 4 which I thought would just not give you enough time to sleep and get some blood back into your alcahol streams.

If I can know by tuesday I can ring to book if need be:2thumbsup

SGHOM
18-11-2006, 07:25 PM
seeing as Richy needs a hand tinkering with cars, It would be rude not to attend ! :2thumbsup just chuck a blanket in the dog basket & I'll be fine Loz. :iloveyou:

Lillywotsername
18-11-2006, 07:27 PM
seeing as Richy needs a hand tinkering with cars, It would be rude not to attend ! :2thumbsup just chuck a blanket in the dog basket & I'll be fine Loz. :iloveyou:
I am sure they would love to have you down D if maggie won't mind you sharing a bed with another woman ( I am talking Kezzie here ):evilgrin: :iloveyou: :2thumbsup

Kieran
18-11-2006, 10:09 PM

Woohoo! Greyhead's coming down!:iloveyou:

I am sure they would love to have you down D if maggie won't mind you sharing a bed with another woman ( I am talking Kezzie here )

How mean Lilly!/Grrr /pan .......................

Poor Kezzie!! /Devil5

g6acb
19-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I've kept well away from this thread until now as I have known for ages that I have a w4nky penguin suit doo with the Lord Mayor of Wakefield and the rest of the chamber of commerce fat cats to go to on the saturday night........

however if you are talking about paintballing on the Sunday 12 ish then I could make that.....

and you can bet I wont be lacking in the hangover dept....

Nick Mann
19-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I would like to bagsy Ade on my team!!

Lillywotsername
19-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Nice one Ade:2thumbsup the more the merrier.

Ok... so far for paint balling we have confirmed....
Richy Rich
Adam ( Richy Rich Junior)
Kieren
Nick Mann
Ade
Wild cards
Sghom
Graham.... could you let me know asap if you would like to join in on the fun as I need to book places and any one else that feels the need to release some testosterone.

SGHOM
19-11-2006, 11:45 PM
/Devil5 /yes /yes :deal2:

Kieran
20-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Can we buy extra ammo? Or do we just settle for pistol-whipping the opposiing team if we run out?! /Devil5 /Devil5

Axeboy
20-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Just take a foam sword if you can find one.

Its fair game... :)

You guys should be more up for this kinda thing:

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7295/ferretandhumveemoveuptoiu4.png

gdelargy
20-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Graham.... could you let me know asap if you would like to join in on the fun as I need to book places and any one else that feels the need to release some testosterone.

Haven't done paintball before, so I might as well give it a bash. Better nip down to the army surplus store during the week and get myself a kevlar vest, though.

G

g6acb
20-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Can we buy extra ammo? Or do we just settle for pistol-whipping the opposiing team if we run out?! /Devil5 /Devil5

I've got a meeting with Sony later in the week........

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1224373652042418272&q=sony

..... i'l have a word and see what I can do....:rifle:

Kieran
20-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I've got a meeting with Sony later in the week........

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1224373652042418272&q=sony

..... i'l have a word and see what I can do....:rifle:

Now THAT would be cool!:afro: If slightly deadly!:inquisiti

richy rich
20-11-2006, 02:51 AM
yes you can and some places let you have smoke bombs as well.

Lillywotsername
20-11-2006, 08:23 AM
I should get all the info today and will post the web site for you all to have a look at and any further prices eg extra balls.

I am going to book the places this afternoon, so if anyone else is wanting to join the fun for this one, please shout this morning:2thumbsup

BraindG
20-11-2006, 11:51 AM
oh, paintballing!?

how much is it? erm.. oh, id like to join in, oh... derek, lend us some cash? /help

WildCards
20-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Time to dust off the Combat 95's I think...

richy rich
20-11-2006, 12:19 PM
oh, paintballing!?

how much is it? erm.. oh, id like to join in, oh... derek, lend us some cash? /help
Been on to a couple of paint balling places and the best price is £20 per head for half a day ( 12.30 - 4pm) which includes 200 balls. Nearest place is about 10 mins down the road.
They do an all dayer for £35 but that is 9.30 till 4 which I thought would just not give you enough time to sleep and get some blood back into your alcahol streams.

BraindG
20-11-2006, 12:54 PM
i really like the idea of going paintballing.. i reaaaaallly do :2thumbsup

lemme grovel to Derek when he arrives :pimp2:

SGHOM
20-11-2006, 03:30 PM
i really like the idea of going paintballing.. i reaaaaallly do :2thumbsup

lemme grovel to Derek when he arrives :pimp2:

whilst you're down there ?? :thinking: :undecided :p :p

richy rich
23-11-2006, 06:41 PM
ok ive just pmed my address to

kieren
nick mann
sghom
wildcards
braindg
g6abc
gdelargy

i now most of you know were i live and have my add but i thought id send it to all of you any way.

if ive missed any 1 shout out please.

rich

see you all tomorrow.

ps for paint balling

it is best if you wear the following

boats of some kind hiking ect
old baggy clothes not jeans you need to be able to move.
and bring a spare set of clothes we are going to get muddy.

g6acb
23-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Just the painballing on the Sunday for me Rich... any more details??

What time should I be aiming to get there for?

richy rich
23-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Just the painballing on the Sunday for me Rich... any more details??

What time should I be aiming to get there for?
about 11ish

Kieran
23-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks Richy. Address recieved.

Looking forward to this!:2thumbsup

By the way - should I bring some grub (bacon and such) for brekkie, or what?

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Richy. Address recieved.

Looking forward to this!:2thumbsup

By the way - should I bring some grub (bacon and such) for brekkie, or what?
bacon and sausages will be good mate as I have forgot to get some ( I have loads of eggs and a couple tins of beans) but I think that Richy will be shooting out early so may be fending for yourselves sunday AM... I am not sure though. Any probs working my cooker you will have to shout me as I know there are alot of Knobs:scholar: :2thumbsup

BraindG
23-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Any probs working my cooker you will have to shout me as I know there are alot of Knobs:scholar: :2thumbsup

:thinking: :inquisiti .... :thinking: :inquisiti ..... :thinking: :inquisiti ..... what you saying? there will be alof of knobs, so ask you to work cooker?

:speechles /Grrr

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I have a 7 ring 3 oven range.... there are alot of knobs. I am sorry but it can be complicated for a woman let alone 5/6 men with hangovers.

SGHOM
23-11-2006, 08:24 PM
without scrolling back through umpteen pages...................wot time sat Rich ?? :thinking:

Nick Mann
23-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I should be arriving at 6:30 to 7:00 ish tomorrow evening. 24 tins of bitter, a bottle of whisky and some chocolate will be in the car, plus a few tools and a sleeping bag.

I am sure we are capable of finding a greasy spoon or similar on sunday morning if push comes to shove, so stop worrying about us, Lilly! You are doing enough already!!

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 09:09 PM
I am sure we are capable of finding a greasy spoon or similar on sunday morning
In Cheadle..... I think NOT!!!! there will be food in the house, I aint worrying about you all starving, push come to shove, order more than needed take away Sat night and nuke it for brekkie ( yum yum cold curry;) )

I will see yas all tomorrow night:2thumbsup

richy rich
23-11-2006, 09:15 PM
without scrolling back through umpteen pages...................wot time sat Rich ?? :thinking:
im planing to start at 8am del

Alex
23-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't worry, I'm packing for K as well as myself, so I'll make sure he's got bacon, beer etc :)

AderC
23-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I'll probably pop over for a few hours during the day on Saturday. Can you PM your address to me too please Rich.

Will bring laptop and datalogger stuff if anyone would be interested logging a blast down the A50 :-)

aDe

Nick Mann
23-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Will bring laptop and datalogger stuff if anyone would be interested logging a blast down the A50 :-)

/yes :thumbsup: Top man!!

Kieran
23-11-2006, 10:54 PM

aDe

Will it work on a Golf?!:embarasse/pan

Kieran
23-11-2006, 10:55 PM
bacon and sausages will be good mate as I have forgot to get some ( I have loads of eggs and a couple tins of beans)

Roger Wilko!:scholar:

AderC
23-11-2006, 10:59 PM
It might actually work on the Golf - there's some generic OBDII software which is apparently compatible with the Tactrix cable!

aDe

Kieran
23-11-2006, 11:02 PM
It might actually work on the Golf - there's some generic OBDII software which is apparently compatible with the Tactrix cable!

aDe

:speechles

Okay!

Axeboy
23-11-2006, 11:13 PM
You will need:

http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/images/finished/crotch01.jpg

http://shadow.b17queenofthesky.com/images/steam/arsenal/Barrett03.jpg

http://www.macula.newworldotter.com/booze/archives/AfterShock.jpg

Alex
24-11-2006, 12:20 AM
is the after shock to make sure your brain is half addled so you don't care that you're being pounded by paint balls at god knows how many miles per hour??

PS. Please bear in mind that we CVR4 widows would like our men back in tact!!

Kieran
24-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Lilly/Rich - can you just confirm If I need to bring a sleeping bag and blow up bed?:inquisiti

Lillywotsername
24-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Lilly/Rich - can you just confirm If I need to bring a sleeping bag and blow up bed?:inquisiti
If you could poss bring the air bed mate it might come in handy, but I don't think we will need any sleeping bags:2thumbsup

richy rich
24-11-2006, 08:44 AM
to any 1 that is coming and is staying relatively sober on saturday night (not much chance but ill ask any how)
if Ive still got work to do and cant do this, on Sunday Adam(and may be 2 other lads) has got a rugby match to go to at 10am in leek any volunteers to take him up please.

lilly will be be back to pick him up i hope.

adam (richy rich junior)
24-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi guys its goin to be fun playing paintballing i might be a bit late if i can get to rugby so i would advise taking baggy trousers or thick clothing Happy shooting!!!!!!!

Brunty
24-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi Adam,

Did you find the missing snake or is it going to be feasting on long pig fattened up on dominos pizza and beer this weekend?

Good luck with the rugby at the weekend.

adam (richy rich junior)
24-11-2006, 07:59 PM
lol brunty no im afaid id lost it a long time ago so no unfortantly he want be even thow i miss him so much i am going to buy another snake to replace the pain that i gave myself. /Hissy /Hissy :bigcry: :bigcry:

Nick Mann
25-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Why does it feel like my eyes and my brain are arguing?! :thinking:

Kieran
25-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't feel so good!! :sick2: :sick2: /Fever /Fever

Spirit
25-11-2006, 11:16 AM
/haz - have a good evening did we boyz ?

Kieran
25-11-2006, 11:17 AM
/haz - have a good evening did we boyz ?

Shhh! Don't talk so loudly! /Fever

adam (richy rich junior)
25-11-2006, 07:56 PM
They did have a good evening becuase I gave out 2 EXTRA STRONG pain killers to Kieran and to Steve with tea

WildCards
25-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Waaaaaay too much beer last night coupled with a 3am hit the sack time made for a rather mongy day for most of us.

Nick, Dereck and Kieran have been helping me fit new discs and pads all round with Brembo calipers up front on my dads car and Richy has been changing Grahams clutch all day, in fact Richy, Dereck, Kieran and Graham are still working on it.

A good day,although i've got to go and get some more beer before we order the curry. The 20 bottles that I bought with me seemed to have disappeared!

BraindG
25-11-2006, 10:41 PM
cyas in the morning..!! :iloveyou:

SGHOM
25-11-2006, 11:25 PM
all ready for the paintballing tomorrow :2thumbsup

got my extra thick socks under my boots [to keep dry ] got my 2 pairs of jeans to cut down on the bruising. :thinking:
got two thick jumpers to keep warm... & and a hat. :2thumbsup
& got my waterproof coat ! :2thumbsup

My bl00dy HI VIS coat !!!! /pan /pan

I never thought about the camoflage side of it ?? /help /help /Grrr boy am I going to get targetted !! :inquisiti /help

Axeboy
25-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Camo is very important normally, but its just a laugh at paintball so i wouldnt worry about it.

Last time me and a mate used Hi-vis jackets, no-one killed us in the whole game yet we mopped up loads of them, we have no idea why... people watching us couldnt understand why no-one would shoot us... hahaha

Worth a try :)

Vicky Mann
25-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Why does it feel like my eyes and my brain are arguing?! :thinking:

Evil Cackle :evilgrin: from the WAGS weekend

Vicky Mann
25-11-2006, 11:42 PM
all ready for the paintballing tomorrow :2thumbsup

got my extra thick socks under my boots [to keep dry ] got my 2 pairs of jeans to cut down on the bruising. :thinking:
got two thick jumpers to keep warm... & and a hat. :2thumbsup
& got my waterproof coat ! :2thumbsup

My bl00dy HI VIS coat !!!! /pan /pan

I never thought about the camoflage side of it ?? /help /help /Grrr boy am I going to get targetted !! :inquisiti /help

More evil cackling from the WAGS. Derek will have an ambulance on stand by /help :iloveyou:

Kieran
26-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Just finished scoffing tea, after finally getting G's car back together. We finally finished at five past ten!:zzz:

Definetly NOT having as much to drink tonight..../pan

Kieran
26-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Evil Cackle :evilgrin: from the WAGS weekend

What the hell does WAGS mean?

Widows always going spazzy?

Women always get stroppy?

Wives against Greyhead SGHOM?

:inquisiti :inquisiti

For some reason I am deeply concerned about what you lot have been up to, and how much you've been spending....:thinking:

Spirit
26-11-2006, 12:30 AM
WAGS = Wives and Girlfriends ?

Alex
26-11-2006, 12:38 AM
WAGS = Wives and Girlfriends ?

Glad to see someone is up to date with the real world!

PS. If it wasn't for Steve we would just be Ws! :soapbox:

BraindG
26-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Chrissy was slighty upset about the sexist attitude of the club.....

remind me why no wimmin are playing tomorrow?!

oh yea.. cos... they weak. :pimp2: :iloveyou:

Alex
26-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Chrissy was slighty upset about the sexist attitude of the club.....

remind me why no wimmin are playing tomorrow?!

oh yea.. cos... they weak. :pimp2: :iloveyou:

NO, doh!

Because this is the CVR4 widows weekend, and paintballing is just you blokes way of occupying yourselves without us!!

BraindG
26-11-2006, 12:55 AM
oh.. yeah.. ill use that one :pimp2: ty

g6acb
26-11-2006, 01:53 AM
just in from the Lord Mayors do...............I can feel the effects of 1/2 bottle Glenmorangie / lager / red wine / white wine / boddingtons.... adam... put them tablets on standby...... see you in the morning after 6 hours kip!!!!!

g6acb
26-11-2006, 10:03 AM
/Fever

BraindG
26-11-2006, 10:37 AM
okies, im heading off... cyas shortluy.

WildCards
26-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Bacon has been consumed, a couple of cups of coffee and now we're sitting around talking sh!t and taking the pi55 out of each other.

BraindG
26-11-2006, 12:23 PM
okies, im hree.. whre are you guys?!:inquisiti /help

Brunty
26-11-2006, 12:31 PM
PS. If it wasn't for Steve we would just be Ws! :soapbox:

No problem Alex, I'm more than happy to keep you, Vicky and Lorraine as girlfriends. Could take on a few more girlfriends, but will need to keep a couple of nights free for R&R.

:pimp2:

Cleaning Lady
26-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Bacon has been consumed, a couple of cups of coffee and now we're sitting around talking sh!t and taking the pi55 out of each other.
No different to Normal then!!!

Cleaning Lady
26-11-2006, 01:43 PM
No problem Alex, I'm more than happy to keep you, Vicky and Lorraine as girlfriends. Could take on a few more girlfriends, but will need to keep a couple of nights free for R&R.

:pimp2:

What about me and I thought you were gatecrashing this weekend Brunty?

If it wasn't for being to busy shopping yesterday we were thinking of popping up yours for a coffee...

Alex
26-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah Steve, we were all devastated when you didn't turn up :)

richy rich
26-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Well nick and vick (last 1s)have just left what an excellent weekend.(the house feels empty now)

big thank you to you all for coming and making a very good weekend of it (of course it would be its cvr4).

Friday night started at about 7 when people started to arrive what a good night finish about 3ish in the morning. (even though i kept on falling asleep been awake for over 24hours).

sat started at about 9.30 bacon butty's thanks to homo (wildcards)then of to the garage, (i got the garage next door for the weekend as well)i started to do G's clutch
derek steve kieren and nick started on wildcards dads brembo conversion and caliper paint.

aderc popped in for the afternoon i think, time flew on sat so cant remember the times and showed his work on the dater logger.:2thumbsup

big thanks to K and D for helping me finish G clutch.:2thumbsup

then sat night loads of :5shots: and talking sh1t then bed ready for today.

OK paint balling

red team K G adrian sghom
blue team Barry homo Nick and me

first 2 games it was just the 8 of us

blue won 2-0 ha ha ha you bunch of pussys /haz

then adam joined us after his rugby match (that they lost 26-21:bigcry: first game of the season they have lost).

and we joined in with the other team that was there. let the paint balls flow. and sh1t they did.

a few of us are a bit sore now. /Handbag

so fun was had by all.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
26-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I am really pleased that you all enjoyed your weekend.......
it makes us widows feel that we can have these wekends away more often to know that you can all fend for yourselves so brilliantly:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Good time was had for all:iloveyou:

Alex
26-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I am really pleased that you all enjoyed your weekend.......
it makes us widows feel that we can have these wekends away more often to know that you can all fend for yourselves so brilliantly:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Good time was had for all:iloveyou:

Yep, wot Lilly said. Hope you all had a good a time as we widows did :2thumbsup

BraindG
26-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Just got back home :2thumbsup

Thanks for letting me come today, it was loads of fun... except the back pain bit, and being shot a zillions times cos i couldnt breath of lift my arm.. /haz... Derek, thats again!.. i owe you.

Lilly, thanks so much for sorting out some yummeh food after a hard days running around a forest.

G, hope you got home ok! bit of a trek isnt it.

Shame i wasnt there for the other nights, but still today was enough fun on its own! :2thumbsup

okies, some pictures.. (although the group one is rather fuzzeh /pan

Back Row: gdelargy, braindg, g6acb.
Front Row: sghom, Nick Mann, Wildcards, Kieran, wichy wich

Alex
26-11-2006, 08:10 PM
What do you lot look like?? I reckon I'm going to have to frame that one :) :iloveyou:

BraindG
26-11-2006, 08:18 PM
It might be water proof Derek, but your signing your own deathwish! :inquisiti

Derek, stop! the bushes are getting closer!! - I CAN'T!!!! /haz

Shiney Happy ppl,
left to right: sghom, nick mann, g6acb

When we say take cover, we mean every part of you derek! :pimp2:

The map, we played, in order... Sand-bags, Jungle, Village and Speedball (i think)

:2thumbsup

BraindG
26-11-2006, 08:52 PM
ooooh... ouuuuwww!!.. now im starting to get sore!... argh, meh bones..

g6acb
26-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Cheers for the entertaining day Guys, what better way to shake off a hangover than fresh air in the countryside...... laying in a muddy puddle being shot at!!!

Barry - sorry for the magical mystery tour back to the motorway!! - and your car set off 2 alarms at the garage I stoped at for fuel...... noisy bugger

Cheers Rich and Lorraine for the catering

... and thanks to 'captain cardboard' for the Anadins this morning!!

Kieran
26-11-2006, 11:16 PM

/haz

The KieranCorp Mk1 Ballistic paintball vest did me proud! My torso was practically impervious!:2thumbsup :smug:

However, there are some durability issues, and having a plated vest just highlights how vulnerable the rest of one's body is!/help

So next time I'll look like Robocop as I clank around the arena! Or I'll just bring a tank! /pan

BraindG
27-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Barry - sorry for the magical mystery tour back to the motorway!! - and your car set off 2 alarms at the garage I stoped at for fuel...... noisy bugger

Hehe, its ok.. that the way i came in aswell.. so its all good.. apart from that pleb infront of you doing 35/40 in a 60 /pan /pan ...

haha, i set of two car alarms? :afro:

BraindG
27-11-2006, 12:26 AM
/haz

The KieranCorp Mk1 Ballistic paintball vest did me proud! My torso was practically impervious!:2thumbsup :smug:

However, there are some durability issues, and having a plated vest just highlights how vulnerable the rest of one's body is!/help

So next time I'll look like Robocop as I clank around the arena! Or I'll just bring a tank! /pan
oh aye!.. forgot about that one. i also believe you need to work on a way to keep them in place better? :inquisiti

gdelargy
27-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Back to Scotland in once piece, after a stall-free 450km.

Thanks again to everyone for a good weekend, but most of all to Richy and his two assistants K & D for doing the important bit! Now I'll just need to figure out how to award these arcane rep points I've heard mentioned.

I have tomorrow off, so I'm going to go on a wee drive that'll force me to use the gearbox a bit. Promise to be gentle though. Maybe. Must... fight urge... to floor it... at every... opportunity...

Hope this little "hands-across-the-border" event isn't the last one.

G

BraindG
27-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Heya, glad you made it home in one piece!.. yeah, resisting the urge is one of the hardest things ever!... but, soon youll be launching left right and center!

Kieran
27-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Excellent - glad you made it okay! Yeah, tootle around for a bit, and then you can release those restrained ponies! /Devil5

Lillywotsername
27-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Pleased you all made it home safe and sound......

I hope those aching bones and bruises arn't too bad this morning

WildCards
27-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm as sore as a homo with a marrow and no KY!

Kate and I had a great time this weekend. Thanks Vicky, Nick, Lorraine and Richy for putting us up and to Adam for giving his bedroom up for the weekend.

Sorry we couldn't stay for grubbins, but like I said we had the bin lids to pick up. I managed some chicken and noodles for tea, which was dissapointing after seeing what you lot were going to be tucking into.

The brakes on Dads car bedded in alot more on the way home last night, they felt quite reassuring by the time we got home and after a once over under torch light I was confident they weren't leaking.

Paintballing was great, it was the first time i'd been and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the inaccuracy of the guns and alot of the paintballs deflecting off of your target was bloody annoying! Along with the bloke who appointed himself in charge of our team with his stupid tactics. Dumbass Liverpudlian!

Anyway, it was good to see people again, and meet new people. Cheers all.

Steve

Alex
27-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Oh' I'm lovin it. /haz I think that could stick for a while :) Absolutely PMSL!

5 mins later, still /haz :2thumbsup

H6NRH
27-11-2006, 10:17 PM
thank you for helping steve do my brakes at the weekend. I appreciate asll the hard work, sorry i wasn't there to help you. After seeing the terrible mug shots i'm pretty glad. Hope to meet you all at a meeting and i'll treat you all to a drink.

Nick

Kieran
27-11-2006, 10:32 PM
thank you for helping steve do my brakes at the weekend. I appreciate asll the hard work, sorry i wasn't there to help you. After seeing the terrible mug shots i'm pretty glad. Hope to meet you all at a meeting and i'll treat you all to a drink.

Nick

Oh, you're very welcome Nick - not that I did much myself, admittedly.

Lovely Leggle you have there - It still has that 'New Leather' smell when you open the doors.:iloveyou:

Just be prepared for your eyeballs popping out on stalks now you've got monster brakes on there!:happy: :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
03-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Some on has left a pair of walking boots at our house and we don't know who they belong to........ Please shout if they belong to you:)

BraindG
03-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Some on has left a pair of walking boots at our house and we don't know who they belong to........ Please shout if they belong to you:)
lol, mine ares STILL in the car, so not mine :D

g6acb
04-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I drove home in my wet squelchy boots so not mine!

Lillywotsername
04-12-2006, 08:47 AM
lol, mine ares STILL in the car, so not mine :D
Why doesn't that surprise me:iloveyou:

gdelargy
04-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Oops, that'll be mine. Cheers for reminding me. I noticed they were missing on Saturday but couldn't get on the site until now. Brown Timberlands with a greeny padded bit round the ankle?

My girlfriend Mhairi will be down in Liverpool and Birmingham over the next week or two, so if you give me a day or so, I'll try and sort out an arrangement for her to pick them up (which she kindly volunteered to do).

My second spazzy moment of the weekend after "where's my helmet?" at the paintballing.
G

BraindG
04-12-2006, 10:32 AM
My second spazzy moment of the weekend after "where's my helmet?" at the paintballing.
G

hahahah ROFOMAO that was utter class that was.. lol. you pleb :iloveyou:

Brunty
13-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Or I'll just bring a tank! /pan

I imagine this would be better than cardboard (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006570489,00.html)

richy rich
13-12-2006, 10:10 AM
lol........

BraindG
13-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I imagine this would be better than cardboard (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006570489,00.html)
omg! hoooooowwwwww coooooolll is that?! :afro: /toycar /toycar