PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4

ashclose
09-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Can you please advise? I recently purchased an imported 1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4. The on-board touch screen computer system is mostly in Japanese. I have been told it can be converted to English, is this something you can do and how much will it cost? Also, is it possible for me to purchase a manual for this car, again how much will this cost?

Kind regards

Nick VR4
09-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Hi Ash

Your best bet would be to go to a local car entertainment shop
And see if they know of any way to convert

On the Manual issue I would try Mitsubishi dealership first

Welcome to forum :D

Kieran
09-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Hi - Welcome to Club VR-4:)

The touch-screen is a pet-interest of mine, as i'm sure it can't be too hard to convert. However, unless someone's discovered something, there's currently only one place known that can convert the MMCS INSERT INTO post VALUES (Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System).... see here... http://www.protech-uk.co.uk/imp_apps.htm

Be warned however that one of our members INSERT INTO post VALUES (Interlec) rang them and was quoted ~£1300!!!! :eek: I'm sure there can't be that much to it:Ponder:

For an English manual, try here:

http://www.car-handbooks.com/Galant.html

Once again, welcome and I hope you find the site useful.

Kieran

zedy1
09-11-2003, 11:05 PM
me thinks they only add on tv dvd ps1 ps2 or somat but all the rest is in japenese

KiwiTT
09-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
Be warned however that one of our members INSERT INTO post VALUES (Interlec) rang them and was quoted ~£1300!!!! :eek: I'm sure there can't be that much to it:Ponder:

With around $4,000 NZ dollars, I could do a lot of modding for that price. :devil2:

"Pretty DASH" versus "Higher Perfomance"

:welcome: ashclose

Kieran
09-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
..."Pretty DASH" versus "Higher Perfomance"...

Pretty Dash! Pretty Dash! It's the law!!!:D

KiwiTT
09-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Sorry Kieran, I should have said "Pretty - Centre Console". I already have a "Pretty DASH". You know the one. It lights up in the dark, all in "Hi-Contrast" White and Red.

Kieran
10-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Alright then...

Pretty Centre Console! Pretty Centre Console! It's still the Law!!:D:D

Gawd, Gimme strength and a VR-4!!!:bow::D

BraindG
10-11-2003, 12:20 AM
the english manual for the galant will be available to members only shortly.. legnum to follow...

Kieran
10-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
the english manual for the galant will be available to members only shortly.. legnum to follow...

OH YOU'RE %&$£@# KIDDING?!?!?!

I've JUST INSERT INTO post VALUES (ie in the last 10 minutes) ordered one from car-handbooks.com!!!!:bang: