and how much more power will you get if it was to go in a 97 gdi
4g93.

heres the link
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=72480096

cheers

Kenneth
04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't expect any gains.

Even if these DO work on standard cars, GDI is a special case where the intake and fuel delivery is very very carefully developed for fuel economy purposes.

woodeye
05-10-2006, 09:08 AM
ok thanks for the heads up.
What is the best way to get more power out of a 4g93 gdi.

Gly
05-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Put A Vr4 Motor In It.

Paul Beazer
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I've heard about those things before, total bullsh!t!

You'd get more power out of it by blowing into the air box than using one of those things. How could they possibly improve performance? All is does is spins around in the airflow, it cant speed the air up as it just spins around, if anything i would expect it to hinder performance as it will act as a restriction in the intake so it would impede air passing through. The idea is to get as much air into the combustion chamber by getting MORE air in there, not less! Thats why some of you lucky buggers have turbos!:klingon:

Kenneth
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
ok thanks for the heads up.
What is the best way to get more power out of a 4g93 gdi.

To be honest, I don't think there is a lot you can do about it. The engine management is so complex that if you mess with it you are likely to do more harm than good.

Best thing is to re-power it with a 4g93 from another vehicle, i believe mitsi do a turbo 4g93 (in the lancer GSR?)

Overall I don't think it is really worth it, for the cost you may as well get a better car that has more power from factory.

I traded my GDI in for a VR-4 and have never regretted it :)

woodeye
06-10-2006, 09:03 AM
thanks guys for the heads up. Its alot of help. Is there any other mods that i can do to the stock engine than putting a vr4 engine in ( its only front wheel drive triptronic ) Do you guys know were in nz i can get a cold air intake setup for my car from thats not over the top. cheers Mike