PDA

View Full Version : Ariadne and I are not happy!

Alex
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
So Kieran and I headed off to Pod this morning. We followed the road round as per usual, and showed the guy directing cars our stand pass. He indicated that we should turn into the field with all the other cars, which just seemed to be general parking. Kieran queried it, but the guy insisted this was right.

So, we drove in looking for any sign of our club stand. Nothing - just a hodge podge of every type of car you could think of, assorted tents, and a lot of mud. Obviously this was not right. But we decided to park up, and make further investigations on foot. Ariadne, bless her, was left looking decidedly unhappy in the least muddy area we could find, and feeling very unimportant and unloved in the middle of all the riff raff.

Kieran and I went back to the official, and asked where our stand was. He said we didn't have one as such, but they were just expecting clubs to find somewhere to park together and get set up. WTF??! Was not happy about it, but decided to go and discuss it and decide what to do We stayed a few hours, then decided to head back. Kieran obviously couldn't take Ariadne up the strip laden down with the gazebo etc, and call me proud, but I wasn't prepared to sit in the middle of a muddly field on my own guarding all the stuff while K was in the queue. If we'd been on a stand it would have been fine - we could have set it up reasonably well, and I would have at least looked like I belonged.

Anyhow, as we were leaving we noticed that there were some cordoned off areas - as the stands usually are. So we parked up again, and went for a nosy. And guess what! The first stand we come to says "Club VR4". Was not happy as being messed about, but at least it means we can set up properly tomorrow.

What fecking numpties though. You'd think they'd have organised these events enough times to know what they were doing!

And Ariadne's still sulking. Humph!

P.S. The stand is on the left, more or less opposite the official photographer. You have to drive all the way up to the dodgems, tunr into the field opposite, and then drive all the way back towards the pay gate, parrallel to the road. K and I plan to be there reasonably early, so should have the flags etc up. See you tomorrow.

Lillywotsername
07-10-2006, 05:23 PM
What a shame Babes.... I know you guys were looking forward to this as well.

Hopefully will be better tomorrow