PDA

View Full Version : Recirc Vs Dump

Axeboy
07-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Nothing big here, but we added my forge recirc to Conaboys car today, and removed his Bailey DV25.

Initial impressions are that the car is slightly more responsive, but i'll let Conaboy post here with more information as he tests it.

:afro:

Dan_G
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I do like a nice dump

Axeboy
07-10-2006, 05:38 PM
I found it got tiresome after a while...

Although, no dump or recirc at all makes the best noise :)

conaboy
07-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I do like a nice dump

Me too!:jester:

Dan_G
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Me too!:jester:

:rolleyes4 we really should'nt be so childish.. :P

.... but back on topic i like my GFB stealth fx... its a good piece of kit... with a nice metal piston instead of the stock diaphram ....

so i have done many tests with fully dumping(... :P ...) to atmosphere, fully recirc.. and everywhere in between... and to be 100% honest i dont think it makes much difference to throttle response on reaplication of the accelerator after deacceleration...

now, the thing i do thinks makes a difference is the pre load setting on the actuator... which allows the piston to open and allow air to escape at a higher or lower pressure... which I suppose make sense as there will be a higher residual pressure in the system on re-application of the throttle.. however against this i have heard that to much residual pressure can cause the turbine to 'stall' and reduce rpms of the turbo... which is charecterised by the choppy sound you get when you remove the bov completley... as the compressor try's to further compress the compresed air thats being blocked by the throttle body butterfly valve...

so yeah... i choose 50/50 recirc / dump with my pre-load set so it does not stall on de-accel or idle....

(sh!t why did i write all that rubbish, i'm not even sure what my point was/is..... must be all this cheap wine im drinking.... /Hyper )

ariddell
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Out of interest roughly what level do you have the pre-load set at Dan?

My Stealth FX went on yesterday and am similarily running a 50/50 split of recirc/dump and having a play around with the pre-load level, so interested what other people are setting it at.

pezza
08-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I have mine 1 or 2 clicks away from fully recirc and you do hear it dump but very conservatively! /yes

I still stand by the fact that in recirc mode, pickup between gear changes feels improved../Steeringw

I have played with the valve with preload set very high and you do get some chatter when lifting off... nice sound :-)

Paul C
18-10-2006, 05:08 PM
VTA valve=200 miles to tank
Recirc=230 miles to tank

I tried hard to beat the 200 miles to tank of petrol with vta on but couldn't manage it ( for about 2 month ). Just fitted recirc again and got 230 no probs.

bradc
18-10-2006, 08:04 PM
We all know the reason for that is because you can't help flooring it just to hear the lovely VTA noise :)

Axeboy
18-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Naaa

I fitted a VTA today, and the noise is soooooooooo annoying! :)