PDA

View Full Version : Southern Meet 8 - Xmas 2006

Spirit
07-10-2006, 09:50 PM
The date of the 2006 Southern Xmas meet has been confirmed as:

SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER

The day will kick off with a trackday at Castle Combe. If you are interested in joining us on track, then click here to book: Bookatrack (http://bookatrack.com/-pE) *** Track Day now fully booked ***

Of course, you are more than welcome to just come along and watch, and maybe even grab a few pax laps with one of the regular CVR4 trackers.....many of whom know Combe very well so are sure to give you a fast lap or two ! At the moment there are 6/7 members on track.

We are then staying at the Premier Travel Inn in Chippenham - details HERE (http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24055)

Some are staying on the Friday night as well as the Saturday.

Then we will be having a Xmas meal at the Brewers Fayre pub close by. This costs just £12.99 per head......plus your beer money of course. The menu for this is on page 2 of this thread.

Currently we have made no arrangements for the Sunday.

So, for a great time get your name down !

Possible/Confirmed Attendees:

Spirit & Missbitchy - CONFIRMED - on track + hotel (2 nights) + meal
Nutter_John - CONFIRMED - on track + hotel + meal
HJM's - CONFIRMED - on track + hotel (2 nights) + meal
Paul & Soraya - CONFIRMED - on track + hotel + meal
SGHOM & Maggie - CONFIRMED - hotel (2 nights) + meal
Jimbo - CONFIRMED on track + hotel + meal
Simon & Claire - CONFIRMED on track
White Lightning & Kate - confirmed for meal
The Vee & Debs - CONFIRMED hotel (Sat) + meal
Nick F-1
Nevgroom
MidnightSun

Nutter_John
07-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Pete should it not be the South Western meet !!!! :P

Hmmm now mark me as a possible

Spirit
07-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Pete should it not be the South Western meet !!!! :P

Not at all mate......we have very wide coverage of attendees, and look at the places we have met /lol......oh, and we put the Northern clan to shame considering we all live so far apart and many of them are within an hours drive of each other /STP :jester:

HJM
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Great thinking Pete - there are a lot more Southern members this year, I think?

We can probably do all dates, although 16th/17th would suit me personally, as I have exams on 11th to 13th (my birthday :D ) :thumbsdow

Haven't really got any ideas at this stage, other than we were at a pub in Wool a few weeks ago (The Seven Stars) and I couldn't help but think it would be perfect for a club lunch, as it has a big conservatory, loads of parking and a fab menu ;) Sadly not a hotel though, so may not suit.

We will have a think too /GJ

J

HJM
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
For people who have never been so a Southern Meet before, these are some of our previous events:

Swindon
Dartmoor
Longleat
Xmas 2005 (Meal/Drinks and Haynes Motor Museum)
Island Invasion (Isle Of Wight)
SW Motor Show (Taunton)

Not forgetting the massively successful Dorset Meet :jester:

J

White Lightning
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I/We may be there ... depending on funds and whether I've got a working car by then :uhoh:

Spirit
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks Jane, would appreciate some help :beerbang:

Thought we should get something booked asap as it's only 2 months away :rolleyes3

Spirit
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I/We may be there ... depending on funds and whether I've got a working car by then :uhoh:

It's not a requirement for a Southern Meet to have your VR4 - Andy brought his Audi last Xmas.......it's the people that matter /yes

White Lightning
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
It's not a requirement for a Southern Meet to have your VR4 - Andy brought his Audi last Xmas.......it's the people that matter /yes

But, a Ka :embarasse

Well, at the least the fuel consumption will be better ... :rolleyes3

HJM
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
But, a Ka :embarasse

Yeah, c'mon Pete, I know he's your brother and all, but there are limits /haz

Only joking Wayne - everyone is welcome no matter what they are driving and anyway, your VR4 will be back by then, I'm sure :smitten:

J

Spirit
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, c'mon Pete, I know he's your brother and all, but there are limits /haz

Your right Jane.....in fact I may consider suspending his membership until he proves he has fixed the VR4 /haz /lol /lol

White Lightning
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Only joking Wayne - everyone is welcome no matter what they are driving and anyway, your VR4 will be back by then, I'm sure :smitten:

J

I know Jane :)

Although, I don't quite share your optimism just at the moment ... it really depends what we find over the next couple of days :uhoh:

The Vee
08-10-2006, 02:52 AM
SM8. - course I'll be there. Only problem is that for me I need to finalise the date pretty soon. I can make 9/10th which would be my preference. The other dates I'm on nights and probably find difficult to lose!!

Also quoting Spirit:
It's not a requirement for a Southern Meet to have your VR4 - Andy brought his Audi last Xmas.......it's the people that matter
end quote

nick-f1
08-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys....

I might be able to make this one....... sadly I got let down badly by She who shall rename nameless for Japfest!!! Sorry ... Ross and I really wanted to make that one :embarasse

NevGroom
08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll be there if my car's been fixed - Bought a Bee Emmm Compact (318ti)to "run-about" in. Whilst the rear-wheel drive is oodles of fun it would be extremely embarrassing to meet a "host" (collective noun for?) VR4s.

Nev

Spirit
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Excellent Nick and Nev, would be great if you could both make it (with or without VR4 !)

Paul Beazer
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I'll have to say no ATM. Jean is due on the 1st Dec, so prob more than my lifes worth to be at a meet when she's expecting! Have a drink for me guys!

Spirit
08-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Understandable Paul, certainly you may be short of some genitals if you put your name down :d

The Vee
08-10-2006, 08:07 PM
As the man says Paul, but of course gives you plenty of time to think about Island Invasion 2/Devil5

SGHOM
08-10-2006, 08:48 PM
If my car survives mallory, I may pop along. /Wave

Spirit
08-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Would be great to see you D :d

soapy1978
08-10-2006, 11:17 PM
put me down as a oss as to which date depending as of work

darren

Spirit
08-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Have done Darren :sunny:

This has potential to be a big event !

ANTHONY
09-10-2006, 08:37 PM
possably pete depends on where and when

Spirit
10-10-2006, 07:44 AM
possably pete depends on where and when

Added you to the "possibles" list Tony :2thumbsup

WildCards
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Mebbe for us too, I'll see how reliable this new diseasel is and how funds are at the time.

HJM
31-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I think Pete suggested this in the track day thread, but what about SM8 on 2nd December at Castle Combe followed by a meal at the Brewers Fayre at Cepen Park? Either track, spectate, pax laps, generally stand around in the cold, etc??

I have called the hotel and they still have rooms available for the Saturday night and the restaurant do a four course Christmas Meal for £12.99 per head.

Then we can either disperse on Sunday morning or maybe find somewhere for a drive and lunch?

If this is deemed a reasonable idea, I will provionally book a table - but will need numbers and a deposit fairly quickly I would imagine. Menu below.

What d'ya reckon?

J :)

STARTERS

Pork and Bacon Pâté

Prawn Cocktail

Soup served with rustic baguette

Garlic Breaded Mushrooms

MAIN COURSES

All main courses are served with roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes,
brussel sprouts and seasonal vegetables.

Turkey and Ham - hand carved Norfolk turkey with Wiltshire cured ham, sausage
& herb stuffing, sausage wrapped in bacon and a Yorkshire pudding

Pork on the Bone - joint of pork served with a red wine and smokey bacon sauce

Smothered Chicken - grilled chicken breast topped with bacon and Brie,
smothered with a cranberry and redcurrant sauce

Salmon Fillet - served with garlic butter

Mushroom, Stilton and Wild Garlic Tart

DESSERTS

Christmas Pudding - served with brandy sauce or custard

Ice Cream

Choco Rocka Pie - white and milk chocolate flavour mousse topped with profiteroles,
smothered with chocolate flavour sauce and served with cream

Cheese and Biscuits - Stilton, Brie and Cheddar cheeses served with biscuits and apple

COFFEE OR TEA & MINCE PIE

WildCards
31-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Sounds good to me Jane, but i'll have to see what Mr Insurance man says this week sometime, otherwise I can't afford it.

Spirit
31-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a plan to me - bobby bargain price :2thumbsup

Just got to see what happens with the car now.

NevGroom
31-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Can I track in my Compact Beeeee 'Em?

HJM
31-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Can I track in my Compact Beeeee 'Em?

You can track in whatever you want to Nev :2thumbsup

K9NG
31-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a good idea Jane :party3: And good price too :2thumbsup

MidnightSun
01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Has time and place definitely been settled for this then? List me as a possible and I'll see what you all decide.

HJM
03-11-2006, 03:38 PM
OK, I have provisionally booked a table for 12-15 for Saturday 2nd December 2006 at the Brewers Fayre adjacent the Chippenham Travel Inn. This can be extended if necessary.

Four courses for £12.99 a head (menu above). To secure this table, I have to pay £5 per head deposit, which I will do next week.

Therefore, please can you confirm your attendance here ASAP and I will update the first page accordingly.

As previously mentioned, there is a track day at Combe on this day with potentially 6/7 CVR4 cars booked on, so come and watch, passenger, etc and finish off with a fantastic (!) meal and a couple of drinks :2thumbsup

If you are staying the night, I would suggest you book ASAP :party3:

Cheers,

Jane :happy:

Nutter_John
03-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Hmm given I down for the track day it would be rude not too

Cheers John

Spirit
03-11-2006, 04:42 PM
We'll be there - Shaz and I :2thumbsup

Spirit
04-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Now updated page 1 with the confirmed info :2thumbsup

HJM
04-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Now updated page 1 with the confirmed info :2thumbsup

Thanks Pete :2thumbsup

J

HJM
10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Is anyone else interested in this? I will have to start gathering menu choices soon, so please show your interest here :2thumbsup

WildCards
10-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Interested

HJM
11-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Interested

Nice one Steve - now is that a definitely interested or a maybe interested :laugh:

Would be great to see you :2thumbsup

White Lightning
11-11-2006, 10:36 AM
*Fingers crossed* I may have my car back on the road by the time this comes round :happy:

I will deffo be coming down for the meal at least ... would like to come down to watch the track action too but we are not too sure what our plans are at the moment as Kate has to work Saturday and Sunday ... :thinking:

Spirit
11-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Jane, may need to up the table numbers.

We may have to bring Conor, Derek I guess will bring his new g/f, and with Wayne and Kate there I make that 15 already and that's without Steve and any other late ones.......up it to 20 ?

The Vee
11-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I Want to come to this. Not worried about the track time, but will try and book the hotel. Be 2 of us for the meal.

HJM
11-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Great news Andy and Wayne - I am going to up the numbers to 17 on the back of this and pay the deposit now - so please don't let me down guys :2thumbsup

I am going to put a deadline on additions of next Sunday 19th November and will then start collecting menu choices, so let us know if you want to join us :party3:

Spirit
11-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks Jane......let me know if you need me to send you some £££s :iloveyou:

HJM
11-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks Jane......let me know if you need me to send you some £££s :iloveyou:

Nah, I'll pay it and you can all pay me back on the day :2thumbsup

HJM
12-11-2006, 05:31 PM
OK, change of plan! The restaurant would like menu choices ASAP, so can those of you who are definite, please PM them to me tonight if possible, as I will be sending a cheque for the deposit tomorrow?

We can still add people upto a week on Monday, but they would like the bulk sooner rather than later.

Menu below.

Cheers,

Jane :2thumbsup

STARTERS

Pork and Bacon Pâté

Prawn Cocktail

Soup served with rustic baguette

Garlic Breaded Mushrooms

MAIN COURSES

All main courses are served with roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes,
brussel sprouts and seasonal vegetables.

Turkey and Ham - hand carved Norfolk turkey with Wiltshire cured ham, sausage
& herb stuffing, sausage wrapped in bacon and a Yorkshire pudding

Pork on the Bone - joint of pork served with a red wine and smokey bacon sauce

Smothered Chicken - grilled chicken breast topped with bacon and Brie,
smothered with a cranberry and redcurrant sauce

Salmon Fillet - served with garlic butter

Mushroom, Stilton and Wild Garlic Tart

DESSERTS

Christmas Pudding - served with brandy sauce or custard

Ice Cream

Choco Rocka Pie - white and milk chocolate flavour mousse topped with profiteroles,
smothered with chocolate flavour sauce and served with cream

Cheese and Biscuits - Stilton, Brie and Cheddar cheeses served with biscuits and apple

COFFEE OR TEA & MINCE PIE

WildCards
12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I won't make it i'm afraid. What with everything else going on i'll be too busy I think. Sorry, until next year.

HJM
12-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Pete, there is also a childrens menu, although I can't find a price for it /help

Starters

Garlic Bread

Soup of the Day

Main Courses

Norfolk Turkey - with sausage & herb stuffing, sausage wrapped in bacon and a yorkshire pudding

BBQ Chicken - grilled chicken breast topped with melted cheese and smothered in a BBQ sauce

Vegetarian Nut Roast

Desserts

Christmas Pudding

Rip 'n' Dip Donuts - two warm donuts with a pot each of choc and toffee flavour dipping sauces

Ice Cream - served with a crispy wafer

Missbitchy
13-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm trying my hardest to find someone to have him !/help

My Mum & Dad normally have Conor anytime, but they're away on holiday !!!

HOW DARE THEY /Grrr

HJM
14-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks to the peeps that have sent their menu choices :2thumbsup

Please can the rest of you (you know who you are - you have had PM's :iloveyou: ) let me have yours ASAP - like tomorrow, if possible :happy:

Cheers,

Jane

Spirit
14-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Jane

Sorry to be a "potential" pain in the ass, but we may have to pull out. Will try and let you know asap.

HJM
14-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Jane

Sorry to be a "potential" pain in the ass, but we may have to pull out. Will try and let you know asap.

Please let me know ASAP - I haven't sent the deposit yet :happy:

J

The Vee
14-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Hotel booked Sat night:2thumbsup

Hey Pete, probs??

Spirit
14-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey Pete, probs??

Just that it looks like we will have to bring Conor and I don't see that as being fair on him (as he is easily bored), us (beer etc) and everyone else as it's different when kids are around (talking about the evening do).

HJM
14-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh, hope you can still make it Pete :2thumbsup

Derek and John - please can you let me have your menu choices, so that I can send them off with the deposit tomorrow?

thanks,

Jane :)

Spirit
14-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Opps forgot to update this.

Got home tonight and Shaz tells me one of our neighbours (who has had the dog a few times) has offered to have Conor and the dog :2thumbsup

So, looks like we're back in business. Just hope the car goes through the MOT tomorrow.

HJM
14-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Opps forgot to update this.

Got home tonight and Shaz tells me one of our neighbours (who has had the dog a few times) has offered to have Conor and the dog :2thumbsup

So, looks like we're back in business. Just hope the car goes through the MOT tomorrow.

Great news :2thumbsup

J

HJM
16-11-2006, 09:10 AM
All choices in and deposit sent - thanks guys :2thumbsup

Anyone else want to join us for a half of shandy and some intelligent conversation :party3:

Spirit
20-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Anyone else want to join us for a half of shandy and some intelligent conversation :party3:

**BUMP** :2thumbsup

MPBVr4
20-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Sorry, can't make this one too many family commitments at the moment/Grrr
My mum just out of hospital. Mother-in-law homeless at the moment due to lightning strike. Daughter eighteenth birthday. Neice getting married. !!!/wall

If I can escape I will try to get to Combe for a couple of hours for a bit
of light relief.

NevGroom
20-11-2006, 11:03 AM
It is highly likely I will come down just for the watching and taking pics (and a few pax laps if anyone is able!!). Hope to get car back from the menders in time else it'll be in the Bee Emm Compact

WildCards
20-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Daughter eighteenth birthday

Really? I expect my invite to be in the post, Brunty and I will travel down together and stop over if thats ok?

Spirit
20-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Will be good to see you both Nev and Malc.

And Steve, get back to work /pan

WildCards
20-11-2006, 12:53 PM
And Steve, get back to work /pan

Sorry Pete :computer: :operator: :book:

White Lightning
20-11-2006, 02:32 PM
It is highly likely I will come down just for the watching and taking pics (and a few pax laps if anyone is able!!). Hope to get car back from the menders in time else it'll be in the Bee Emm Compact

Might be able to have a mini convoy from Berkshire Nev ? :happy:

NevGroom
20-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Might be able to have a mini convoy from Berkshire Nev ? :happy:

Deffo - I'm just down the road from you (about 50yds from Mitsi Reading). That said, may not be able to leave until around 10.30.

K9NG
20-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Not long now :2thumbsup the PUP is ready for it's outing :helmet:

HJM
22-11-2006, 08:46 AM
10 days to go /Steeringw :2thumbsup :5shots: :sick2: :stars:

Spirit
22-11-2006, 09:24 AM
10 days to go /Steeringw :2thumbsup :5shots: :sick2: :stars:

:2thumbsup :5shots: /help :zzz:

Spirit
27-11-2006, 12:29 AM
6 days to go :2thumbsup

HJM
27-11-2006, 12:31 AM
6 days to go :2thumbsup

Woohoo, can't wait :party3:

and as my darling husband has decided this is my 'birthday treat', I had better make the most of it, I guess :2thumbsup

J

Spirit
27-11-2006, 12:34 AM
But thats not until the 13th - what a tight git /pan /lol

HJM
27-11-2006, 12:38 AM
But thats not until the 13th - what a tight git /pan /lol

I know, but its easier to go along with it ..................... for now :evilgrin:

J

HJM
27-11-2006, 08:41 AM
How low can I go ?

Pete calling me tight !!!! /pan

H

Spirit
27-11-2006, 09:06 AM
How low can I go ?

Pete calling me tight !!!! /pan

H

Muhahahaha /lol /lol /lol

MPBVr4
28-11-2006, 12:34 PM
What's the format at Combe for non trackers? Can I park in the paddock with CVR4 or will I be relegated to public parking?:sad3:

What time do things get started? (sorry havn't read the whole thread)

HJM
28-11-2006, 12:38 PM
What's the format at Combe for non trackers? Can I park in the paddock with CVR4 or will I be relegated to public parking?:sad3:

What time do things get started? (sorry havn't read the whole thread)

Combe is dead casual on track days - just park in the paddock with the rest of us :2thumbsup

I am pretty sure it will be signing on from 8am and driving will start at 9 :happy:

See you Saturday :)

J

ANTHONY
30-11-2006, 10:51 PM
hope you have a good weekend