PDA

View Full Version : turbosmart

SGHOM
10-11-2003, 08:13 PM
will the turbosmart megasonic dump valve fit my Legnum ?? It's advertised on the links page at POTN ?? [ £217.99 ]

enigma
10-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Who cares, just buy it! :D

The standard dump valve uses 34mm pipes so all you need is one that matches that. I got a GFB Hybrid one for £150, it came with 25mm hoses, but a small amount of bodging later and I was whooshing all over the place!

Be careful though as my original insurer cancelled my policy when I fitted the dump valve :mad:

SGHOM
10-11-2003, 08:21 PM
as they name say's.... its supposed to be loudest one available !!! or should I get a quieter one ? :Ponder: dont want to scare anyone !!! :D :D

enigma
10-11-2003, 08:26 PM
I would be wary about claims of the loudest fastest best greatest etc........At the end of the day it will be hidden down in the depths of your engine bay and will be muffled anyway. Mine is quite lod enough, lets people know what you have................ :D

SGHOM
10-11-2003, 08:31 PM
OOPS !! just spotted another one :D turbo x s . bov type H-RFL. [ does the RFL stand for really f*****g loud ?? ] alledgedly tested at 150 decibels ! :Ponder: can I take it this type will fit also ?? and its cheaper.

zedy1
10-11-2003, 10:58 PM
dont they have some sort of setting on them too?
if u wanna cheap thrill just take 1 of the pipes of the orignal internal valve and block the other end :D

Kieran
10-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
Be careful though as my original insurer cancelled my policy when I fitted the dump valve :mad:

Arse! Who was the insurer?

enigma
10-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Bell Direct........apparently its quite common :mad: Insurers don't know their arse from their elbow!

SGHOM
12-11-2003, 07:57 PM
just got my Turbosmart megasonic blow off valve today !! :D :D just hope the guy who's gonna fit it is free......... NOW !!:D

zedy1
12-11-2003, 10:25 PM
if he doesnt its not too hard to fit

SGHOM
13-11-2003, 07:14 PM
bit of advice needed please. asked three mechanics I know, who all said the will be happy to fit the BOV. but none of them have done one before. any info for them would be appreciated. [ just to calm my fears !! ] instructions included with kit, are a bit basic. info please on location, mounting, which pipes to cut, where to get best vacuum feed , set up after fitting. etc, any help would be appreciated.

SGHOM
13-11-2003, 07:18 PM
OH !! sorry, forgot. I'll look for replies tomorrow, as I've been forced into a "gentlmens" evening tonight !! :D :D free food, free drink, blue comedian, & I believe something about ladies removing articles of clothing ?:Ponder: :Ponder: cant understand why they would want to do that ?? it's a bit chilly this evening ?? :D :D :D :D :D :cool1: :cool1:

zedy1
13-11-2003, 08:06 PM
its very simple all you have to do is remove the standard internal valve and replace it wiyh your new one, if its an external valve connect it to the metal pipe coming from the intercooler and block the other pipe the vacum pipe is on the standard valve just remove that and put it on the new bov.
the standard valve has access from inderneath nearside INSERT INTO post VALUES (passenger side) follow the black metal intercooler pipe and youll see it

Kieran
13-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by interlec
OH !! sorry, forgot. I'll look for replies tomorrow, as I've been forced into a "gentlmens" evening tonight !! :D :D free food, free drink, blue comedian, & I believe something about ladies removing articles of clothing ?:Ponder: :Ponder: cant understand why they would want to do that ?? it's a bit chilly this evening ?? :D :D :D :D :D :cool1: :cool1:

Behave;):D

SGHOM
14-11-2003, 06:36 PM
dump valve fitted & working. :D :D the wife says " get rid of it !! sounds like a bus door opening " :D :D £30 fitted !! dont think that is too bad ?? but just cost me £3 in petrol just listening to it !!! :D :D :D :D

SGHOM
15-11-2003, 12:04 AM
A trip to Ascar exhausts tomorrow, for a couple of flanges, & a de-cat pipe will be made up for me for nowt . [ favour ] then its on to the chip shop !! & I dont mean for food !! :D :D

zedy1
15-11-2003, 12:25 AM
r u sure u wanna do this with 12 points on licience :D

SGHOM
15-11-2003, 12:46 AM
cant get left behind Mo !!! :nono: just put a little money aside for a few mods, & will speak to my tuner next week. might have a few tricks up my sleave over the next few months ???

zedy1
15-11-2003, 12:50 AM
keep the good work up :D

enigma
15-11-2003, 09:12 AM
A few tricks.........hmmmmmmm interesting!

Dont forget to tell your insurance company!! ;)